Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

Replied by Rick on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

Here's a take from hardcore Trump hating leftist Thomas Friedman... at least he has the courage to be honest but his job may be at risk as we speak.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

You *** ******** can now take Mr Friedman off your list of reliable sources LOL.
Last edit: 15 May 2019 17:58 by MyMountainTown. Reason: removed an insult
15 May 2019 11:51 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FredHayek on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: China has imprisoned three million minority residents in reeducation camps, spied on Americans, and people still want no sanctions or tariffs on them? Wow. Go ahead and buy your Huawei phones and let them spy on you. And let them get away with humans rights crimes so you can buy cheap fireworks.

[/b]

bolded....I DO NOT own a smart phone (I carry no cell phone, first I don't want to be bothered and mostly I DO NOT want to be tracked) same reason I do not use social media and post pictures and massive amounts of mindless minutia.

jmo......the audacity for you to conveniently forget how we treat those at the border and put
people (children and babies) in cages.....AND strip THEIR rights for seeking asylum from
obscene and unspeakable atrocities....IT IS THEIR LEGAL RIGHT TO SEEK ASYLUM
and obtain legal status....WHO are you bull shitting????

AGAIN, when our government has done the exact same actions in past decades....and then
YOU (collectively) are outraged at their similar actions in the present.....I find that laughable.
What you put out to the universe RETURNS back to you....maybe not immediately,but the
scales will ALWAYS balance....it it called karma. A balancing of energy. jmo (oh, and I do not buy fireworks....and I attempt to be cognizant of the origin of products I buy.....right now
CHINA AND INDIA are sending tainted drugs out the door and the PHARMCO industry here is buying them....FYI

LOL, you are equating locking up thousands of foreign nationals who are breaking US immigration and border laws with imprisoning millions of your own citizens in reeducation camps? Okay, whatever.
#35
15 May 2019 12:42 #32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

Rick wrote: Here's a take from hardcore Trump hating leftist Thomas Friedman... at least he has the courage to be honest but his job may be at risk as we speak.

[youtube]

[/youtube]


RICK....you have misunderstood my pov…….FIRST.....I AGREE with Freidman.....if you review the video, about 6:50 thru 8:10 the reason he DISAGREES with the king, is execution of the strategy.....global considerations and HOW your leadership is perceived,
the king's propensity to propel negotiations or intent thru TWITTER is such a faux paus and is not only off putting, it really is NOT effective. AS FRIEDMAN STATED....I would have
three top leaders sit down privately with our three top leaders and come to an mutual agreement that all could live with (and save face)….the king FAILS miserably at strong arming, because his ego continues to guide his choices.....NOT A GOOD THING FOR A
GLOBAL RESOULTION.....(and this topic IS global)….as an indy…..I am looking at leadership qualities for 2020 and Seth Moulton is appearing to be a leader.....of course, the shit machine will start generating it's product IF he pulls ahead. jmo

You *** ******** can now take Mr Friedman off your list of reliable sources LOL.

[/b]
Last edit: 15 May 2019 17:59 by MyMountainTown.
15 May 2019 12:56 #33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

homeagain wrote: worldview.stratfor.com/article/us-fighti...-armed-1930s-mindset

THIS factor is the fatal flaw in the king's concept. It can be the decline of our economy...…
read recession.


About the 9th paragraph down or mid way thru the article....FRIEDMANS CONCERNS ARE
ADDRESSED (which is why I posted the link....the plan is NOT forward thinking and THAT is
what Freidman was indicating.) jmo
15 May 2019 13:10 #34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by towermonkey on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

It is forward thinking to encourage American business over Chinese government business. What is not forward thinking is giving in to Chinese brinkmanship and pretending to be a democrat. Trump will win this dispute just as he wins all of them.
15 May 2019 14:45 #35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Rick on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: worldview.stratfor.com/article/us-fighti...-armed-1930s-mindset

THIS factor is the fatal flaw in the king's concept. It can be the decline of our economy...…
read recession.


About the 9th paragraph down or mid way thru the article....FRIEDMANS CONCERNS ARE
ADDRESSED (which is why I posted the link....the plan is NOT forward thinking and THAT is
what Freidman was indicating.) jmo

He also said Trump is the president China deserves right now. What other president in the past was willing to tackle this real and costly problem? Surely you don't think there's anyone in the Democrat lineup that would have the resolve to take on China, do you? If you say Biden, I'm going to laugh uncontrollably. Trump even has Chucky Schumer's backing on this... any guesses why?
Last edit: 15 May 2019 16:57 by Rick.
15 May 2019 16:54 #36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

www.factcheck.org/2019/05/economists-tariffs-not-boosting-gdp/

SORRY......these are the facts......suffer now and hope the end result is worth it......Q3 will be the
quick pick,the REAL lottery ticket will be start of Q4....will it be a winner?
15 May 2019 17:52 #37

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by towermonkey on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

I've been hearing that Trump will cause a recession for 3 years now. Eventually all of these naysayers will be right because there is a natural expansion/contraction flow to every economy. As of right now, the economy is stronger than it has been at any time in the last 50 years. Workers who thought their jobs were gone forever have been getting those jobs back. China is hemorrhaging jobs. I guess we'll see.
16 May 2019 06:04 #38

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

towermonkey wrote: I've been hearing that Trump will cause a recession for 3 years now. Eventually all of these naysayers will be right because there is a natural expansion/contraction flow to every economy. As of right now, the economy is stronger than it has been at any time in the last 50 years. Workers who thought their jobs were gone forever have been getting those jobs back. China is hemorrhaging jobs. I guess we'll see.



:smackshead: the trajectory of a recession is in increments.......BAM, it doesn't just blow your socks off.....it CREEPS along until it is quite apparent that hsit has hit the fan.....reviewing the factors that are presently occurring, the R word is being used more frequently in MANY narratives.
Things are not ''humming along''....they are hobbling. AGAIN SEPT. is the deadline for the budget.....and no one is even talking about it in a concerned tone.....we have a poss armed conflict on the horizon, the tariffs are tanking the farmers and WE are bailing them out.....this
just names a FEW of the fubars that are floating around......so ''get in,bugle up and be prepared for the ride of your life"......jmo
16 May 2019 15:47 #39

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:
Yes, I believe waiting to see what unfolds is all we can do...…I attempt to view many sources and try to see the macro of the information....being pro active is my nature. It is my belief that the similarity of Watergate and what we are witnessing now, are TOO similar. I believe the nation is experiencing a repeat of history.....only this time it is with a foreign
foe.[/quote] Since you are interested in "the macro", would there ever be a good time to reestablish a truly fair trade policy with China and to confront them about the theft of intellectual property that they have used to grow their economy in an immoral way? What would Hillary have done? I'm guessing the same as Obama... nothing.





www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/business/china-tariffs-list.html Guess we will learn VERY soon,just how successful this tactic will be.....AMERICAN CONSUMERS WILL BE
PAYING OUT OF POCKET,because the businesses can no longer absorb the cost....your
$$$$wallet will be woefully smaller in the weeks and months to come.

So, still no answer as to what smarter people would do when it comes to China's theft and unfair trade practices? If we have to pay more money in the short run for Chinese crap, is that really a bad thing if it means forcing a better deal for our future?

[/b]

Bolded.....apparently you have NO concept of the poverty level and the food insecurity for
children in this "great" nation.....you might want to do some research on that subject.....your
assumption that people CAN pay more, is erroneous....or perhaps, you are just unaware. Please educate yourself on the number of people in this "great" nation that make difficult
and almost unbearable choices EVERYDAY. food or rent....heat or medicine....ALL is
NOT "great".....but the king is oblivious to that....is ego needs to be fed....NOT THE CHILDREN.


www.cnbc.com/2019/05/16/how-much-money-a...-every-us-state.html

THIS says it all.........and now our great king is going ''TARIFFMAN on the consumer...."GOOD
LUCK with that......the R word is rearing it's head.....wait for it

16 May 2019 17:43 #40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
sponsors
© My Mountain Town (new)
Google+