Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

10 May 2019 10:49 #21 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:
Yes, I believe waiting to see what unfolds is all we can do...…I attempt to view many sources and try to see the macro of the information....being pro active is my nature. It is my belief that the similarity of Watergate and what we are witnessing now, are TOO similar. I believe the nation is experiencing a repeat of history.....only this time it is with a foreign
foe.[/quote] Since you are interested in "the macro", would there ever be a good time to reestablish a truly fair trade policy with China and to confront them about the theft of intellectual property that they have used to grow their economy in an immoral way? What would Hillary have done? I'm guessing the same as Obama... nothing.

www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/business/china-tariffs-list.html Guess we will learn VERY soon,just how successful this tactic will be.....AMERICAN CONSUMERS WILL BE
PAYING OUT OF POCKET,because the businesses can no longer absorb the cost....your
$$$$wallet will be woefully smaller in the weeks and months to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2019 15:23 #22 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:
Yes, I believe waiting to see what unfolds is all we can do...…I attempt to view many sources and try to see the macro of the information....being pro active is my nature. It is my belief that the similarity of Watergate and what we are witnessing now, are TOO similar. I believe the nation is experiencing a repeat of history.....only this time it is with a foreign
foe.[/quote] Since you are interested in "the macro", would there ever be a good time to reestablish a truly fair trade policy with China and to confront them about the theft of intellectual property that they have used to grow their economy in an immoral way? What would Hillary have done? I'm guessing the same as Obama... nothing.

www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/business/china-tariffs-list.html Guess we will learn VERY soon,just how successful this tactic will be.....AMERICAN CONSUMERS WILL BE
PAYING OUT OF POCKET,because the businesses can no longer absorb the cost....your

So, still no answer as to what smarter people would do when it comes to China's theft and unfair trade practices? If we have to pay more money in the short run for Chinese crap, is that really a bad thing if it means forcing a better deal for our future?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 May 2019 13:23 #23 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

So, still no answer as to what smarter people would do when it comes to China's theft and unfair trade practices? If we have to pay more money in the short run for Chinese crap, is that really a bad thing if it means forcing a better deal for our future?

[/b]

Bolded.....apparently you have NO concept of the poverty level and the food insecurity for
children in this "great" nation.....you might want to do some research on that subject.....your
assumption that people CAN pay more, is erroneous....or perhaps, you are just unaware. Please educate yourself on the number of people in this "great" nation that make difficult
and almost unbearable choices EVERYDAY. food or rent....heat or medicine....ALL is
NOT "great".....but the king is oblivious to that....is ego needs to be fed....NOT THE CHILDREN.

11 May 2019 13:49 - 11 May 2019 13:52 #24 by Rick
Is that supposed to be an answer? What actions are you suggesting the US take in order to deal with China's theft and unfair trade policies?

I'll just assume nothing, we should just do nothing and allow China to steal our ideas and continue to rape us on trade.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 May 2019 15:36 #25 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Is that supposed to be an answer? What actions are you suggesting the US take in order to deal with China's theft and unfair trade policies?

I'll just assume nothing, we should just do nothing and allow China to steal our ideas and continue to rape us on trade.

BOLDED....if I had the answer I would be up for the Pulitzer prize,let me turn it to YOU...
what are your resolutions to this situation......many political figureheads have been mired
in this for years.....let me just suggest this...read CONFESSIONS OF AN ECONOMIC HITMAN by John Perkins….it is an account (true) of OUR outrageous and unethical actions
around the globe....the book is rather dated,but the facts are true....we are reaping what we have sown for many generations...…(karma)…..IF a country and it's leaders play political
blackmail, exact required payment and then EXPECT there will not be repercussions for their past actions....what a farce.....we are a guilty as the Chinese.

13 May 2019 11:05 #26 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Is that supposed to be an answer? What actions are you suggesting the US take in order to deal with China's theft and unfair trade policies?

BOLDED....if I had the answer I would be up for the Pulitzer prize,let me turn it to YOU...
what are your resolutions to this situation......many political figureheads have been mired
in this for years.....let me just suggest this...read CONFESSIONS OF AN ECONOMIC HITMAN by John Perkins….it is an account (true) of OUR outrageous and unethical actions
around the globe....the book is rather dated,but the facts are true....we are reaping what we have sown for many generations...…(karma)…..IF a country and it's leaders play political
blackmail, exact required payment and then EXPECT there will not be repercussions for their past actions....what a farce.....we are a guilty as the Chinese.

Ok, so you and your leftist geniuses have no answers, so just stay the course and continue to let China steal our ideas and rape us on trade... got it. Your excuse is that we are as guilty as the Chinese...really? Tell us what technology we are stealing and what countries are getting an unfair trade deal from the US.

As for Perkins I have read some of his stuff and agree with some of what he says but that's a whole different topic. This is a topic about tariffs and China, right? Trump isn't responsible for past policies and wrongdoings by other administrations, he's just trying to tackle a problem no other president has wanted to touch, but should have. This country could survive without China but I'm pretty should it would collapse without the US. Time will tell but I think Trump is doing the right thing here and showing the communist opressive country that they can screw their own people but that can't continue to screw us without painful consequences.

Your whole premise seems to be that the US deserves to get screwed by China so we should do nothing and just let that happen. I hope whoever you will be voting for (probably Biden) talks the same way, because he will get destroyed for his ignorance and lack of concern.

George Orwell

13 May 2019 16:46 - 13 May 2019 16:48 #27 by homeagain
markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/...nd-2019-5-1028196268

YOUR KING'S considerable consequences……..do check out the EXTENSIVE and $$$$$
(expensive) list...….for your viewing pleasure....June 1st....let's see....30 days from that date is Q 3......what will the ramifications be???

oh, I forgot ….have you checked the vix?

14 May 2019 17:38 #28 by ramage
HOMEAGAIN,
WAS YOU CAPS LOCK BUTTON BROKEN WHEN YOU REFERENCED vix?

14 May 2019 22:32 #29 by FredHayek
China has imprisoned three million minority residents in reeducation camps, spied on Americans, and people still want no sanctions or tariffs on them? Wow. Go ahead and buy your Huawei phones and let them spy on you. And let them get away with humans rights crimes so you can buy cheap fireworks.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 May 2019 09:30 #30 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: China has imprisoned three million minority residents in reeducation camps, spied on Americans, and people still want no sanctions or tariffs on them? Wow. Go ahead and buy your Huawei phones and let them spy on you. And let them get away with humans rights crimes so you can buy cheap fireworks.

[/b]

bolded....I DO NOT own a smart phone (I carry no cell phone, first I don't want to be bothered and mostly I DO NOT want to be tracked) same reason I do not use social media and post pictures and massive amounts of mindless minutia.

jmo......the audacity for you to conveniently forget how we treat those at the border and put
people (children and babies) in cages.....AND strip THEIR rights for seeking asylum from
obscene and unspeakable atrocities....IT IS THEIR LEGAL RIGHT TO SEEK ASYLUM
and obtain legal status....WHO are you bull shitting????

AGAIN, when our government has done the exact same actions in past decades....and then
YOU (collectively) are outraged at their similar actions in the present.....I find that laughable.
What you put out to the universe RETURNS back to you....maybe not immediately,but the
scales will ALWAYS balance....it it called karma. A balancing of energy. jmo (oh, and I do not buy fireworks....and I attempt to be cognizant of the origin of products I buy.....right now
CHINA AND INDIA are sending tainted drugs out the door and the PHARMCO industry here is buying them....FYI

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds