Global overview of TRUMPS TARIFFS and trends

17 May 2019 13:00 #41 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

towermonkey wrote: I've been hearing that Trump will cause a recession for 3 years now. Eventually all of these naysayers will be right because there is a natural expansion/contraction flow to every economy. As of right now, the economy is stronger than it has been at any time in the last 50 years. Workers who thought their jobs were gone forever have been getting those jobs back. China is hemorrhaging jobs. I guess we'll see.

:smackshead: the trajectory of a recession is in increments.......BAM, it doesn't just blow your socks off.....it CREEPS along until it is quite apparent that hsit has hit the fan.....reviewing the factors that are presently occurring, the R word is being used more frequently in MANY narratives.
Things are not ''humming along''....they are hobbling. AGAIN SEPT. is the deadline for the budget.....and no one is even talking about it in a concerned tone.....we have a poss armed conflict on the horizon, the tariffs are tanking the farmers and WE are bailing them out.....this
just names a FEW of the fubars that are floating around......so ''get in,bugle up and be prepared for the ride of your life"......jmo

If we are "hobbling along" now, what were we doing when Obama was in charge for 8 YEARS?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2019 20:55 #42 by ramage
Rick,
I applaud your ability to decipher Homeagain's posts. Frankly, I am at a loss as to the point she is making. Is the economy tanking?, are we going to war? are the farmers going bankrupt?
Fortunately she came be comforted by the growth in the economy which can be directly correlated with the tax cut and the reduction in regulations, from which she is benefiting.

18 May 2019 10:17 #43 by FredHayek
Per the Denver Post, President Trump has got Canada and Mexico to join him in taking down steel and aluminum tariffs in the NAFTA zone. And he also held back on new auto tariffs for our European and Japanese allies. Now the big question, why? My theory? He needs the support from these allies to continue his trade war with China and his sanctions against Iran. The Brits this week gave support to his moves against Iran and are also worried about Chinese spying. They are also worried that their own government members have been taking bribes from the Chicoms.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 May 2019 12:40 #44 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Rick,
I applaud your ability to decipher Homeagain's posts. Frankly, I am at a loss as to the point she is making. Is the economy tanking?, are we going to war? are the farmers going bankrupt?
Fortunately she came be comforted by the growth in the economy which can be directly correlated with the tax cut and the reduction in regulations, from which she is benefiting.

www.forbes.com/sites/pamdanziger/2019/05...sery-to-go-around/#5

bolded...somewhat shortsighted NOT jmo "the market is not realizing the brick and mortar stores are suffering incrementally."......WAIT FOR IT

18 May 2019 13:17 #45 by homeagain

finance.yahoo.com/news/deere-profit-miss...0100191--sector.html

RESEARCH allows a macro pov.......perhaps the imagined benefits are NOT as they seem,but rather an illusion.....DIG DEEPER for a different perspective.....you (collectively) will NOT be
so smug.

18 May 2019 13:31 #46 by homeagain

bolded.....

www.rferl.org/a/iran-says-no-possibility...nsions/29945902.html

I have addressed your cryptic commentary,in separate segments, because I wanted to be VERY succinct in my stated pov. DO THE RESEARCH......

18 May 2019 14:02 - 18 May 2019 14:03 #47 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

, the R word is being used more frequently in MANY narratives.

21 May 2019 07:07 #48 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:
Yes, I believe waiting to see what unfolds is all we can do...…I attempt to view many sources and try to see the macro of the information....being pro active is my nature. It is my belief that the similarity of Watergate and what we are witnessing now, are TOO similar. I believe the nation is experiencing a repeat of history.....only this time it is with a foreign
foe.[/quote] Since you are interested in "the macro", would there ever be a good time to reestablish a truly fair trade policy with China and to confront them about the theft of intellectual property that they have used to grow their economy in an immoral way? What would Hillary have done? I'm guessing the same as Obama... nothing.

www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/business/china-tariffs-list.html Guess we will learn VERY soon,just how successful this tactic will be.....AMERICAN CONSUMERS WILL BE
PAYING OUT OF POCKET,because the businesses can no longer absorb the cost....your
$$$$wallet will be woefully smaller in the weeks and months to come.

So, still no answer as to what smarter people would do when it comes to China's theft and unfair trade practices? If we have to pay more money in the short run for Chinese crap, is that really a bad thing if it means forcing a better deal for our future?

[/b]

Bolded.....apparently you have NO concept of the poverty level and the food insecurity for
children in this "great" nation.....you might want to do some research on that subject.....your
assumption that people CAN pay more, is erroneous....or perhaps, you are just unaware. Please educate yourself on the number of people in this "great" nation that make difficult
and almost unbearable choices EVERYDAY. food or rent....heat or medicine....ALL is
NOT "great".....but the king is oblivious to that....is ego needs to be fed....NOT THE CHILDREN.

www.cnbc.com/2019/05/16/how-much-money-a...-every-us-state.html

THIS says it all.........and now our great king is going ''TARIFFMAN on the consumer...."GOOD
LUCK with that......the R word is rearing it's head.....wait for it

FOR RAMAGE AND RICK.......just another macro view of what the tariffs will mean to those who are living on the edge.

www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/0...ncial-insecurity-acc

21 May 2019 10:02 #49 by ramage
Homeagain,

I read both the NPR article and the CNBC article that you referenced. Trariffs are not mentioned in either.

28 May 2019 13:30 #50 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Homeagain,

I read both the NPR article and the CNBC article that you referenced. Trariffs are not mentioned in either.

www.cnbc.com/2019/05/28/jamie-dimon-warn...eter-investment.html

I have continued to express my concern......NOW DIMON is stating people could be caught off guard......gee Ramage.....tariffs are the topic......your insistence that I am blowing smoke is
somewhat shortsighted, of course jmo

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds