President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

07 Oct 2019 17:45 #11 by ScienceChic
You think I'm against this move because I'm anti-Trump? What part of my sentence "we cannot in good conscience abandon them or innocent civilians to slaughter or else our word is nothing and we will never build a coalition again" wasn't clear? Leaving Syria leaves our allies open to slaughter, weakens our standing and respect in the world, and weakens our security by allowing ISIS to rebuild.

I am quite appalled at your attempt to emotionally charge this by stating I'd rather our troops be harmed or killed just to go against Trump. Either you have an argument for this move by Trump or you don't, but don't ever put words in my mouth that intend in any way to indicate indifference and disregard for the bravery of our soldiers. They keep our nation safe every damn day and I never forget that sacrifice or service.

Comments from Democrats don't matter one single bit, you know they disapprove of this and you wouldn't be swayed by them. The point is that Republicans are finally finding their spines and opening their mouths to condemn what this president is doing in attempting to undermine our security and safety (a pattern of his, if you bother looking). That should mean something to you, it certainly does to me.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2019 18:12 #12 by ramage
Your response is very clear. You want to keep troops in Syria Your rationalizations not withstanding. Do you think that troops will not be killed or maimed while your fatuous concern for our allies keeps our sons and daughters there?

07 Oct 2019 18:16 - 07 Oct 2019 19:02 #13 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Homeagain,
I was hoping that you and others would express their views on the withdrawal of troops from Syria, not simply posting what has been written in the press. Do you have an opinion?
Similarly to Brandon. Also I would add are you opposed to the withdrawal? Do you favor continued involvement in Syria?
What do YOU think?

I think you can NOT f**k with the entire world and expect ANYONE to have OUR backs.when
we call for back up.....the TRUST has been breached and we are blocked off.

I have NEVER APPROVED of interference in the middle east, BUT we continue to muck round
in the battles of TRIBES.....NOW that we entered into this fray WILLING and words were spoken of support and encouragement.....per ALL of the press postings.....WE HAVE A MORAL
OBLIGATION TO KEEP OUR WORD.....IT IS CALL INTEGRITY AND TRUST IS THE OPERATIVE WORD......this will cost us in ways you can NOT even imagine......the king
is close to mental meltdown and THAT is a precarious place for the WORLD and for us. NJMO

07 Oct 2019 19:00 #14 by ScienceChic

ramage wrote: Your response is very clear. You want to keep troops in Syria Your rationalizations not withstanding. Do you think that troops will not be killed or maimed while your fatuous concern for our allies keeps our sons and daughters there?

Yes, they may.

So tell me ramage, do you think we should remove ourselves from the Middle East, and how will we deal with the consequences if we do so?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Oct 2019 19:19 #15 by ramage
First question: Yes, we should remove ourselves from the Middle East.
Second question: I am not concerned with the tribal and religious conflicts in that region. Certainly not that American sons and daughters being killed and maimed to support them. Perhaps you consider the lives of denizens of the Middle East more important that those US troops? Please tell me what role these women and men are fulfilling? I would direct you to the statements of Tulsi Gabbard, candidate for the democrat presidential nomination. Do you disagree with her opinions?

08 Oct 2019 07:52 #16 by homeagain

ramage wrote: nypost.com 10/7/2019

MORE ON:
SYRIA

President Trump on Monday defended his administration’s decision to pull American troops out of northern Syria, declaring that the US will fight “WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT.”

​In a series of five tweets, the president said the US was supposed to be in Syria for just 30 days, but “we stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight.”​

“​B​ut it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN​,” he wrote in another posting.​

Can't wait to hear from those who oppose military involvement in the Middle East, but loathe President Trump.

bolded.....THAT is a problem....BREAKING NEWS.......the TROOPS HAVE NOT received
any command nor HAVE THE COMMANDING OFFICERS OF THE TROOPS.....they are
STILL side by side with our allies .....bewildered at the BULLSHIT that is coming down from the king, who by the way, is in MELTDOWN.....we are so-o-o fubared.......THE FOURTH TURNING
finding it's way to our troops overseas.....

08 Oct 2019 07:56 #17 by homeagain

ScienceChic wrote: You think I'm against this move because I'm anti-Trump? What part of my sentence "we cannot in good conscience abandon them or innocent civilians to slaughter or else our word is nothing and we will never build a coalition again" wasn't clear? Leaving Syria leaves our allies open to slaughter, weakens our standing and respect in the world, and weakens our security by allowing ISIS to rebuild.

I am quite appalled at your attempt to emotionally charge this by stating I'd rather our troops be harmed or killed just to go against Trump. Either you have an argument for this move by Trump or you don't, but don't ever put words in my mouth that intend in any way to indicate indifference and disregard for the bravery of our soldiers. They keep our nation safe every damn day and I never forget that sacrifice or service.

Comments from Democrats don't matter one single bit, you know they disapprove of this and you wouldn't be swayed by them. The point is that Republicans are finally finding their spines and opening their mouths to condemn what this president is doing in attempting to undermine our security and safety (a pattern of his, if you bother looking). That should mean something to you, it certainly does to me.

[/b]

NOV. 4Q........enough R'S WILL FINALLY move forward and separate from the king....the
genesis is here.

08 Oct 2019 13:38 - 08 Oct 2019 13:42 #18 by FredHayek
The Neocons appear! Do we also have a duty to go into Venezuela and take over the regime that has starved their people for years? America is always making choices about what is moral and sometimes what is feasible when it comes to meddling in other nations. Syria has been a nightmare for years. Our 100 troops aren't saving the nation, they are only protecting a tribe while others are still being targeted. And what happens when Russia or Iran decide to target that thin green line occupying Syria? Add more troops? Target Iranian and Russian forces?
It is a very dangerous scenario we are in right now, and I think we just need to get out of there.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Oct 2019 14:50 #19 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: The Neocons appear! Do we also have a duty to go into Venezuela and take over the regime that has starved their people for years? America is always making choices about what is moral and sometimes what is feasible when it comes to meddling in other nations. Syria has been a nightmare for years. Our 100 troops aren't saving the nation, they are only protecting a tribe while others are still being targeted. And what happens when Russia or Iran decide to target that thin green line occupying Syria? Add more troops? Target Iranian and Russian forces?
It is a very dangerous scenario we are in right now, and I think we just need to get out of there.

[/b]
WHO is benefiting from our departure? SHALL I POSTED SOURCES FOR THE REAL REASON? cute suggestion......cut and run.

08 Oct 2019 14:54 - 08 Oct 2019 14:56 #20 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Neocons appear! Do we also have a duty to go into Venezuela and take over the regime that has starved their people for years? America is always making choices about what is moral and sometimes what is feasible when it comes to meddling in other nations. Syria has been a nightmare for years. Our 100 troops aren't saving the nation, they are only protecting a tribe while others are still being targeted. And what happens when Russia or Iran decide to target that thin green line occupying Syria? Add more troops? Target Iranian and Russian forces?

[/b]
WHO is benefiting from our departure? SHALL I POSTED SOURCES FOR THE REAL REASON? cute suggestion......cut and run.

www.wsj.com/articles/trump-invites-turki...ffensive-11570549132

NOW what is your assessment of the situation?

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds