President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

Replied by ramage on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

HomeAgain,
Prophetic name, Homeagain. Those troops that will be out of harms way and return to their families will definitely benefit.
08 Oct 2019 15:12 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

ramage wrote: HomeAgain,
Prophetic name, Homeagain. Those troops that will be out of harms way and return to their families will definitely benefit.



www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-...sdf-hurts-isis-fight

ASIDE from the above.....THEY...the troops don't know that......as of early afternoon NO
COMMAND has come down from the king, NO commander has been given orders and NO
troops have any understanding of WTF IS GOING ON........FABULOUS fubar from the king.
08 Oct 2019 15:19 #22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

At first, I thought this was an Onion joke article, but no...

President Donald Trump on Wednesday continued to defend his decision to withdraw US troops from northeast Syria, abandoning Kurdish forces in the region, by saying the Kurds did not help the US during World War II.

www.businessinsider.com/trump-abandoning...5lQ9pQbYLm2jVbG4ITYk

I think he has lost his mind.
09 Oct 2019 16:29 #23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Rick on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

If Trump decided to add 1000 more troops, the left would freak out about that too. There's really nothing he can do that would be acceptable to anyone who already hates him. It's time for the rest of the world to deal with the middle east shitstorm anyway... our country has been there long enough and there is never going to be a peaceful resolution.
09 Oct 2019 21:27 #24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by towermonkey on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

Our mission in Syria was to defeat ISIS. That part was easy once we decided to actually do that instead of arming and training them like Trump’s predecessor. Clinton actually said the first thing she would do would be to initiate a no fly zone to protect the Caliphate. Thank goodness we got Trump instead. This whole mess was conceived of and implemented by the CIA and now they are trying to take Trump down via impeachment.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Sycamore
10 Oct 2019 06:50 #25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

towermonkey wrote: Our mission in Syria was to defeat ISIS. That part was easy once we decided to actually do that instead of arming and training them like Trump’s predecessor. Clinton actually said the first thing she would do would be to initiate a no fly zone to protect the Caliphate. Thank goodness we got Trump instead. This whole mess was conceived of and implemented by the CIA and now they are trying to take Trump down via impeachment.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Sycamore

When did we defeat ISIS? Can you provide a link to factual evidence that this happened? Can you also provide anything to prove your assertion that Obama armed & trained ISIS?
10 Oct 2019 08:41 #26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FredHayek on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

Rick wrote: If Trump decided to add 1000 more troops, the left would freak out about that too. There's really nothing he can do that would be acceptable to anyone who already hates him. It's time for the rest of the world to deal with the middle east shitstorm anyway... our country has been there long enough and there is never going to be a peaceful resolution.


That is certainly true. But you do have to wonder here. Who is the more important ally, Turkey, been a member of NATO for decades, or the Kurds, allies in the Iraq War and also against ISIS?
I honestly don't know which way I would go if I had to make that decision.
#35
10 Oct 2019 09:26 #27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Brandon on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

FredHayek wrote: But you do have to wonder here. Who is the more important ally, Turkey, been a member of NATO for decades, or the Kurds, allies in the Iraq War and also against ISIS?


The one with the idiot king's "major, major building" is the more important ally to him and his cult.
10 Oct 2019 09:30 #28

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FredHayek on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

koobookie wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Our mission in Syria was to defeat ISIS. That part was easy once we decided to actually do that instead of arming and training them like Trump’s predecessor. Clinton actually said the first thing she would do would be to initiate a no fly zone to protect the Caliphate. Thank goodness we got Trump instead. This whole mess was conceived of and implemented by the CIA and now they are trying to take Trump down via impeachment.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Sycamore

When did we defeat ISIS? Can you provide a link to factual evidence that this happened? Can you also provide anything to prove your assertion that Obama armed & trained ISIS?

When President Obama withdrew American forces from Iraq, it opened up a Pandora's Box. When Saddam was in power, the Sunni ruled the nation. Shiites were persecuted and gassed. During the American occupation, the Sunni Baath party members lost power and the Shia, with the support of Iran, took over the government and military. Tons of American equipment was left there. The old Sunni units stole and captured a lot of that equipment. Many Shia units were dangerously understrength. Commanders would let men desert but not report it and pocket their pay.
So Obama didn't really train ISIS, the men were already veterans from past wars. They were looking at the new Iraq and saw that they were going to be a minority and fought back. Saudi Arabia is suspected of providing them with money and equipment to beat back the Iranian supported Iraqi government. ISIS also invaded Syria. I don't know what Turkey plans to do with ISIS. Attack them? Or recruit them as allies? Turkey is Sunni. The Kurds? IIRC, they are a mix of Sunni, Shia, and Christian.
#35
10 Oct 2019 09:34 #29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

Curious if any of the Trump defenders on this site buy his excuse "the Kurds did not help the US during World War II?"
10 Oct 2019 12:32 #30

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
sponsors
© My Mountain Town (new)
Google+