President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

07 Oct 2019 13:38 #1 by ramage
nypost.com 10/7/2019

MORE ON:
SYRIA

President Trump on Monday defended his administration’s decision to pull American troops out of northern Syria, declaring that the US will fight “WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT.”

​In a series of five tweets, the president said the US was supposed to be in Syria for just 30 days, but “we stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight.”​

“​B​ut it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN​,” he wrote in another posting.​

Can't wait to hear from those who oppose military involvement in the Middle East, but loathe President Trump.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2019 13:50 - 07 Oct 2019 13:51 #2 by homeagain

ramage wrote: nypost.com 10/7/2019

MORE ON:
SYRIA

President Trump on Monday defended his administration’s decision to pull American troops out of northern Syria, declaring that the US will fight “WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT.”

​In a series of five tweets, the president said the US was supposed to be in Syria for just 30 days, but “we stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight.”​

“​B​ut it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN​,” he wrote in another posting.​

Can't wait to hear from those who oppose military involvement in the Middle East, but loathe President Trump.

[/b]

www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-securit...l-idUSKBN1WM1ZO?il=0

GEE didn't have to wait too long........

07 Oct 2019 13:57 #3 by homeagain
www.npr.org/2019/10/07/767904589/shockin...s-from-syrian-border

OH and here is another reaction to the king's rash,IRRATIONAL, rabid and royal fubar....

07 Oct 2019 13:59 #4 by homeagain

07 Oct 2019 14:13 #5 by Brandon
The idiot king, Decmber 2015:
“I have a little conflict of interest because I have a major, major building in Istanbul...Two towers, instead of one. Not the usual one, it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well.”

07 Oct 2019 14:25 #6 by ramage
Homeagain,
I was hoping that you and others would express their views on the withdrawal of troops from Syria, not simply posting what has been written in the press. Do you have an opinion?
Similarly to Brandon. Also I would add are you opposed to the withdrawal? Do you favor continued involvement in Syria?
What do YOU think?

07 Oct 2019 16:03 #7 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote: The idiot king, Decmber 2015:
“I have a little conflict of interest because I have a major, major building in Istanbul...Two towers, instead of one. Not the usual one, it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well.”

Turkey is also an important NATO ally. But let's ignore that, Brandon has his new daily talking points.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Oct 2019 16:27 #8 by Brandon

ramage wrote: Similarly to Brandon. Also I would add are you opposed to the withdrawal? Do you favor continued involvement in Syria?
What do YOU think?

The withdrawal is a bad idea that was badly handled.

"President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something," the National Security Council source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."

www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/exclusive-o...qDkW?ocid=spartanntp

07 Oct 2019 16:59 #9 by ScienceChic
I was against us starting a war in the Middle East from the very start, believing it was done for questionable motives and without clear goals for a clean resolution, something that has been demonstrated amply since then.

That being said, now that we are there and have fought alongside allies, we cannot in good conscience abandon them or innocent civilians to slaughter or else our word is nothing and we will never build a coalition again. Trump pulling out of Syria and giving Turkey a green light to invade is a horrific decision and that Lindsey Graham (too many tweets to post a link to just one, screen shots below), Marco Rubio, and Nikki Haley among others immediately condemned this move publicly says a lot.

Turkey may be part of NATO, but they are not a good ally.
What Did Erdogan Know About the Khashoggi Murder Plot?
A closer look reveals that Turkish intel heard the Saudi plotters days before the journalist's grisly death.
By Andrew Cockburn, The American Conservative • October 1, 2019

As the world marks the anniversary of an infamous murder, Turkish President Recep Tayyib Erdogan has taken to the compliant editorial pages of The Washington Post to advertise his ongoing outrage.

“The murder of Post contributing columnist Jamal Khashoggi was arguably the most influential and controversial incident of the 21st century, barring the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks,” he charges to his American audience. “In the wake of Khashoggi’s demise, my administration adopted a policy of transparency.”

Mark the words “in the wake of,” and consider what the effect of a little more transparency before Khashoggi’s demise might have been.

However, a review of the copious leaks makes one thing clear: Erdogan himself may very well have been just as guilty of the monstrous crime of Khashoggi’s murder as Mohammed bin Salman and his team of killers. As is evident from the now extensive record of leaked recording transcripts, Turkish security followed the planning, as well as the execution, of Khashoggi’s murder over the course of several days—almost certainly in real time.

Lindsey Graham's Tweets today:

Trump pulls back troops from northern Syria ahead of Turkish assault, Pentagon officials 'blindsided'
By Edmund DeMarche, Lucas Tomlinson, Jennifer Griffin, Fox News | October 6, 2019

The decision to give Ankara the green light was seen by the Kurdish fighters as a major shift in U.S. policy. Over 11,000 mostly Kurdish fighters in the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have been killed fighting ISIS in Syria.

One U.S. commander who helped lead the anti-ISIS effort told Fox News the decision amounts to a propaganda victory for China and Russia, saying those countries can tell would-be U.S. partners that America will abandon them.

“No one will ever partner with us again,” the commander said.

As for Turkey's intentions with the Kurds, the senior military officer said: “They are going to slaughter those cats.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Oct 2019 17:13 #10 by ramage
Cutting through all the MSM comments, it is now on record at MMT that Brandon and ScienceChick are in favor of keeping our men and women at risk in Syria.
Cognitive dissonance rears its head. They are so anti-Trump that they would rather American men and women die and be maimed in Syria than withdraw because it is proposed by President Trump.
It is interesting that you hide behind NeoCons, Lindsay Graham, Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley.
Why not some comments from the democrat candidates?

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds