President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

14 Oct 2019 15:38 #41 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Cutting through all the MSM comments, it is now on record at MMT that Brandon and ScienceChick are in favor of keeping our men and women at risk in Syria.
Cognitive dissonance rears its head. They are so anti-Trump that they would rather American men and women die and be maimed in Syria than withdraw because it is proposed by President Trump.
It is interesting that you hide behind NeoCons, Lindsay Graham, Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley.
Why not some comments from the democrat candidates?

[/b]

thehill.com/policy/defense/465494-furiou...ebuke-trump-on-syria

NOTE it s a bi-partisan REBUKE......let's return to the REAL problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2019 18:02 #42 by ramage
Neocons, also known as "Never Trumpers" have always supported military intervention. My comment, which you misinterpreted was directed to the anti-war, anti-Trump faction. you seem to have joined them You would rather our sons and daughters be sacrificed on the altar of Anti-Trumpism. Do you SERIOUSLY (love those caps) want these soldiers killed and maimed in the middle of this conflict? God, I hope not!
The Turkish government has told the world that they were going into this corridor of Syria bordering Turkey to can control over the border and return 1 MILLION Syrian refugees in Turkey to Syria. Is that a bad idea? European countries would not take back the ISIS fighters that came from their countries. Now some are gaining freedom. Perhaps they will appear in Europe, much like the ISIS fighters that Obama released from Gitmo.
Decide where you wish to stand, supporting the troops are supporting the never-ending war faction. Please do not suffer me with the argument that we must have an exit strategy before we remove these kids from the front line.

14 Oct 2019 18:10 #43 by koobookie
I don't think anyone on this board wants soldiers killed. That's your straw man argument, which I will not answer.

The issue is that Trump has destabilized an already shaky situation. Now it's too late to go back in to protect the Kurds, so we will just have to sit back and watch the ethnic cleansing.

Let me ask, what do you think is his reason for pulling back? It's not to bring our troops home, as they just moved south. In fact, he has now hired out the military as mercenaries to the Saudis. Are you okay with that action? I'm curious as to your answers.

14 Oct 2019 18:16 #44 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: I was against us starting a war in the Middle East from the very start, believing it was done for questionable motives and without clear goals for a clean resolution, something that has been demonstrated amply since then.

That being said, now that we are there and have fought alongside allies, we cannot in good conscience abandon them or innocent civilians to slaughter or else our word is nothing and we will never build a coalition again.

I say LOL even though it is not funny. I find the above unbelievably naive. I recall the same sort of rationalization back in the 60's in support of our continuing presence in Vietnam.

15 Oct 2019 04:59 - 15 Oct 2019 04:59 #45 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote: ABC acknowledged that the video was not of the Turkish attack, and removed the video from their web site. It's not necessarily "fake news," it's more an example of journalists not vetting their sources.

From the link you provided:

To be clear, there’s no question that Turkish forces are currently slaughtering the Kurds, as countless journalists and civilians on the ground can attest. But this particular video is fake and it’s a shame that it was broadcast.

1- They had to doctor the video to remove evidence of its origins.
2- It was added as propaganda trying to gin up support to put US troops back in harm’s way

The point wasn’t that the Turkish aren’t invading Syria. The point is that you can’t trust our compromised “news” to tell you what is really going on. Our mission in Syria was to contain/defeat ISIS. That was accomplished. How many years do we have to stay there to babysit the babysitters? 10? 50? I say not one more American life for nothing. Get the CIA out of making foreign policy. Stop spending our tax dollars to perpetuate war. These are Syrian citizens. Let Assad and Putin protect them. They both do a much better job at eliminating ISIS than we do anyway.

15 Oct 2019 07:03 - 15 Oct 2019 07:07 #46 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote:

koobookie wrote: ABC acknowledged that the video was not of the Turkish attack, and removed the video from their web site. It's not necessarily "fake news," it's more an example of journalists not vetting their sources.

From the link you provided:

To be clear, there’s no question that Turkish forces are currently slaughtering the Kurds, as countless journalists and civilians on the ground can attest. But this particular video is fake and it’s a shame that it was broadcast.

1- They had to doctor the video to remove evidence of its origins.
2- It was added as propaganda trying to gin up support to put US troops back in harm’s way

The point wasn’t that the Turkish aren’t invading Syria. The point is that you can’t trust our compromised “news” to tell you what is really going on. Our mission in Syria was to contain/defeat ISIS. That was accomplished. How many years do we have to stay there to babysit the babysitters? 10? 50? I say not one more American life for nothing. Get the CIA out of making foreign policy. Stop spending our tax dollars to perpetuate war. These are Syrian citizens. Let Assad and Putin protect them. They both do a much better job at eliminating ISIS than we do anyway.

BUT, that is how our wise leaders lead....WAR generates the money machine and gives the
gov. a purpose. NOT to improve our nation,but rather to waste obscene amounts of money
to show just how powerful our leaders are.....being naive, is NOT an admirable trait.

WAG THE DOG,what do you think that means? The king is in such a KO'D position right now,
HE will initiate a conflict to detract from HIS impeachment..... WAIT FOR IT.....and while you are
waiting,pick up the book "Confessions of an economic hitman"...ALL will be explained.

15 Oct 2019 07:16 #47 by Pony Soldier
I'm sorry, but that made very little sense to me. Are you saying you are now for perpetual war because that's the way it works?

15 Oct 2019 07:46 #48 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: I'm sorry, but that made very little sense to me. Are you saying you are now for perpetual war because that's the way it works?

THAT is the way it works, I do NOT believe it needs to be that way......reflect back on your
decades of life.....WAR has always been a constant condition.

15 Oct 2019 13:42 #49 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I don't think anyone on this board wants soldiers killed. That's your straw man argument, which I will not answer.

The issue is that Trump has destabilized an already shaky situation. Now it's too late to go back in to protect the Kurds, so we will just have to sit back and watch the ethnic cleansing.

Let me ask, what do you think is his reason for pulling back? It's not to bring our troops home, as they just moved south. In fact, he has now hired out the military as mercenaries to the Saudis. Are you okay with that action? I'm curious as to your answers.

The Kurds have just allied with Syria's Assad. You have two alliances here. Turkey/Saudi Arabia versus Iran/Russia/Syria.

Americans as Saudi mercenaries? Or allies like Turkey is allied with NATO? Except this time the US doesn't foot the bill for our deployment. The US has been allied with Saudi Arabia for decades and helped protect the House of Saud against an Iraqi invasion. Or would you prefer we abandon the Middle East and our allies there? Let the Saudi Royal family be replaced by radical fundamentalists?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Oct 2019 13:50 #50 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Americans as Saudi mercenaries? Or allies like Turkey is allied with NATO? Except this time the US doesn't foot the bill for our deployment. The US has been allied with Saudi Arabia for decades and helped protect the House of Saud against an Iraqi invasion. Or would you prefer we abandon the Middle East and our allies there? Let the Saudi Royal family be replaced by radical fundamentalists?

Love your straw man arguments! You're turning pro!

Saudi is footing the bill for sending 2,000 troops to help them. Didn't you read Trumps tweet bragging about that?

As a conservative that supports Trump, you should be careful about throwing around accusations of abandoning allies in the Middle East.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds