President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

15 Oct 2019 13:57 #51 by Pony Soldier
I would love for us to abandon the Saudis. We have sold them a pretty advanced military. Let them use it! They can fight their own battles!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Oct 2019 15:33 #52 by ramage
"I don't think anyone on this board wants soldiers killed. That's your straw man argument, which I will not answer."
"Excellent use of the straw man argument! Bravo!"
"Love your straw man arguments! You're turning pro!"

Koobookie, any more straw arguments today? or will you deflect again?

15 Oct 2019 15:47 #53 by koobookie

ramage wrote: "I don't think anyone on this board wants soldiers killed. That's your straw man argument, which I will not answer."

Telling liberals on this board that they support our troops being killed by putting them back into support the Kurds is a typical straw man argument. There's a lot of that going on in this forum in the past few days. I call it out when I see it. Here's a definition for you to chew on:

Debaters invoke a straw man when they put forth an argument—usually something extreme or easy to argue against—that they know their opponent doesn't support. You put forth a straw man because you know it will be easy for you to knock down or discredit. It's a way of misrepresenting your opponent's position.

It's as if you took a flaming scarecrow, threw it onto the debate floor, yelled “Look, it's my opponent's dangerous straw man,” and then you appeared to save the day by dousing the flames with water. All while your opponent mutters, “That's not my straw man. What just happened?”

15 Oct 2019 17:50 #54 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: [Telling liberals on this board that they support our troops being killed ]

I am not going to look for the exact comment you are responding to but I do think it is fair to say that the left cares more about casting EVERYTHING Trump says and does as wrong then they do about American blood. The truth hurts, doesn't it? Take it from a bitter, clinging, misogynistic, white supremacist , etc who voted for every republican wana be Hitler who ever ran for president except Bush in 92. You need a thicker skin.

15 Oct 2019 17:58 #55 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: "I don't think anyone on this board wants soldiers killed. That's your straw man argument, which I will not answer."

Telling liberals on this board that they support our troops being killed by putting them back into support the Kurds is a typical straw man argument. There's a lot of that going on in this forum in the past few days. I call it out when I see it. Here's a definition for you to chew on:

Debaters invoke a straw man when they put forth an argument—usually something extreme or easy to argue against—that they know their opponent doesn't support. You put forth a straw man because you know it will be easy for you to knock down or discredit. It's a way of misrepresenting your opponent's position.

It's as if you took a flaming scarecrow, threw it onto the debate floor, yelled “Look, it's my opponent's dangerous straw man,” and then you appeared to save the day by dousing the flames with water. All while your opponent mutters, “That's not my straw man. What just happened?”

So you support Trump pulling our troops out of harm’s way? They would have been stuck in the middle of a firefight and we would now be at war with Turkey.

15 Oct 2019 19:00 #56 by homeagain
WAR is waiting in the wings.......because the king has pretty much screwed our allies and ANY
country that MIGHT have considered an alliance......the TRUST FACTOR is simply not there. SO
when shit hits the fan (and it will) there WILL BE BLOOD. This is part of the lesson of the fourth turning,jmo

15 Oct 2019 20:22 #57 by ramage
Once more tha straw man argument:
"liberals on this board that they support our troops being killed by putting them back into support the Kurds is a typical straw man argument. There's a lot of that going on in this forum in the past few days. I call it out when I see it."

Simply, Koobookie do you want to put troops back into Northern Syria? No straw there, they will be in harm's way, between the SDF/Syria/Russia and the Turkish forces and "Syrian liberationists". Would you like to be there?

16 Oct 2019 05:34 #58 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote: WAR is waiting in the wings.......because the king has pretty much screwed our allies and ANY
country that MIGHT have considered an alliance......the TRUST FACTOR is simply not there. SO
when shit hits the fan (and it will) there WILL BE BLOOD. This is part of the lesson of the fourth turning,jmo

We’ve been at war for nearly 20 years and longer than that if you count all the CIA inspired uprisings. Which allies have been “screwed” by Trump? Turkey for us allowing the PKK to attack them and flee back to the protected zone? Or the Kurds who everyone seems to want to lump into one group? Specifically which ally was screwed?

16 Oct 2019 06:20 #59 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote:

homeagain wrote: WAR is waiting in the wings.......because the king has pretty much screwed our allies and ANY

We’ve been at war for nearly 20 years and longer than that if you count all the CIA inspired uprisings. Which allies have been “screwed” by Trump? Turkey for us allowing the PKK to attack them and flee back to the protected zone? Or the Kurds who everyone seems to want to lump into one group? Specifically which ally was screwed?

[/b]

ALL.....but here is an interesting image AND thought.......

www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-ki...untain-idUSKBN1WV08G

16 Oct 2019 06:26 #60 by homeagain
IF you recall.....CASSANDRA calls Q4 a chaotic time.....Q1 2020 sees impeachment,war, and recession ALL coming together.....the supreme situation for THE FOURTH TURNING......jmo

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds