President Trump pulls troops out of Syria

14 Oct 2019 11:30 #32 by Brandon
Does that somehow make letting Turkey invade Syria a good idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2019 11:32 #33 by koobookie
ABC acknowledged that the video was not of the Turkish attack, and removed the video from their web site. It's not necessarily "fake news," it's more an example of journalists not vetting their sources.

From the link you provided:

To be clear, there’s no question that Turkish forces are currently slaughtering the Kurds, as countless journalists and civilians on the ground can attest. But this particular video is fake and it’s a shame that it was broadcast.

14 Oct 2019 11:42 #34 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: ABC acknowledged that the video was not of the Turkish attack, and removed the video from their web site. It's not necessarily "fake news," it's more an example of journalists not vetting their sources.

LOL, yes it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

14 Oct 2019 11:50 #35 by homeagain
GENERALLY, there is a disclaimer in side bar 'STOCK VIDEO or picture.....someone did NOT
follow usual process/protocol.....problem with MOST everything today...shortcuts are standard
operating mode. jmo

14 Oct 2019 11:56 #36 by koobookie

Blazer Bob wrote:

koobookie wrote: ABC acknowledged that the video was not of the Turkish attack, and removed the video from their web site. It's not necessarily "fake news," it's more an example of journalists not vetting their sources.

LOL, yes it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

No, fake news would be making up a story. In this case, the story is true, the video supporting the story is not.

14 Oct 2019 13:50 #37 by ramage
!. Who are the sources that provided the video to ABC? Do you know? Do you care? I think that you are deflecting as you have done in the past
2.No, fake news would be making up a story. Are you saying that the broadcast was true but the video fake? what is your evidence for that?
3. I agree "it depends on what your definition of "is" is.

14 Oct 2019 14:03 #38 by koobookie

ramage wrote: !. Who are the sources that provided the video to ABC? Do you know? Do you care? I think that you are deflecting as you have done in the past
2.No, fake news would be making up a story. Are you saying that the broadcast was true but the video fake? what is your evidence for that?
3. I agree "it depends on what your definition of "is" is.

You're serious? You don't agree that Turkey is invading the northern border of Syria? You don't agree that civilians are being killed?

I don't care about the source of the video. It was taken down, and ABC admitted they were in error. How is the source an issue with you? It's not a deflection, it's simply not relevant.

14 Oct 2019 15:15 #39 by ramage
Serious, very much so. Turkey has invaded northern Syria along their common border. The U.S. put troops in Syria, did we not "invade"?
Would you have found it preferable that those US troops on that border be killed or maimed?
There are civilians being killed through the world to name a few, China, Congo, Libya, Yemen, I am also of the opinion that Venezuela has civilians being killed, i.e. by starvation and lack of medical care. Where would you like to send troops?
You don't care about the source of the video, your choice, keep your head in the sand. Why do you think ABC showed that video? Perhaps to show are merciless the Turks are? TV is primarily a visual means of communication. What effect did the video have on you?

14 Oct 2019 15:21 #40 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Serious, very much so. Turkey has invaded northern Syria along their common border. The U.S. put troops in Syria, did we not "invade"?
Would you have found it preferable that those US troops on that border be killed or maimed?
There are civilians being killed through the world to name a few, China, Congo, Libya, Yemen, I am also of the opinion that Venezuela has civilians being killed, i.e. by starvation and lack of medical care. Where would you like to send troops?
You don't care about the source of the video, your choice, keep your head in the sand. Why do you think ABC showed that video? Perhaps to show are merciless the Turks are? TV is primarily a visual means of communication. What effect did the video have on you?

Excellent use of the straw man argument! Bravo!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds