Wuhan Virus Update

05 Aug 2021 12:26 #361 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Mine aren't Google, nor is that what you asked for. You specifically asked for mRNA therapy; there's far more applicable for that field than just these 2 vaccines.

Regardless, here are journal articles published that mention mRNA + therapy + Moderna or Pfizer.

Moderna applied for full approval on June 1, they're a little behind Pfizer in the process. Johnson & Johnson have yet to apply.
Pfizer vaccine could get final FDA approval by September

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2021 13:07 #362 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
www.businessinsider.com/moderna-need-cov...ion-wanes-2021-8?amp

BOOSTERS? (#3 and on going)....the virus is here to stay and mutations WILL continue...getting rich off
a re- occurring mutation. YEP, I'm signing up.....

05 Aug 2021 14:11 #363 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Mission Creep: we were told months ago, get vaccinated and you will no longer need to wear masks. Majority of Americans get vaccinated. Then they tell us, please wear a mask too. Our vaccines aren't as good as we told you. Only 80% effective. :dry:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Aug 2021 15:04 #364 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wuhan Virus Update
We wouldn't have had to revert back to mask wearing if more people had gotten vaccinated by now. The vaccines were extremely effective against the original variant, of course that's going to be different against a new mutation - just like any vaccine (herd immunity must be reached to reduce transmission and end an outbreak, we're nowhere even close yet). While it may not prevent you from getting a breakthrough infection, you are far less likely (at this moment) to get sick, or to have severe symptoms and need hospitalization, if you are vaccinated. Proven data. The people who are in the hospital and are dying right now are overwhelmingly unvaccinated, and if that's their choice so be it but the problem is that there are others they are impacting who don't have that choice. Scientists have been saying this all along, either people are going to listen or not, but we'll all have to deal with the consequences. Get vaccinated.

Should the CDC have left the mask requirement in place? Hell yes. I have a friend who lives overseas and he said while the country in which he resides is majorly screwed up, at least everything there is a national mandate so there's no confusion, you know what to expect, and everything is consistent. That, and people behave with community in mind far more than individualism and selfishness. States passing laws preventing school districts from putting mask mandates in place is not only dangerous but it should be condemned and repealed interfering with public healthcare measures, and our kids safety (funny how over-ruling local government choice is a-ok so long as it's in line with your ideology and public health consequences bedamned).

I have had to point out to more than one conservative friend of mine who complained about not being able to go to concerts or fly without proving vaccination status or COVID-negativity, and who then equated that with government over-reach, and explain to them that going to a concert or flying is a privilege, not a right. There are consequences to your actions and if you don't like them, make better choices.

As soon as the full approval goes through for these, and I personally can't see any data that would indicate any reason not to, then you'll see more businesses, schools, healthcare settings, and government mandating vaccines. And that won't be oppression, it'll be past due what should've been done before now for public health.

I am 100% sympathetic to those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons. Everyone else selfishly choosing not to, or refusing to talk to their doctor and instead believing their pet politican or political party or biased "news" source I have very little patience with at this point. They are holding up our ability to recover and move on from this, and prevent further death and misery.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

05 Aug 2021 17:52 #365 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
So, I have a question to SC.....the longevity of the vaccine is the issue for me,with the MANY mutations
lurking around the corner,it sounds premature to expect to get a booster within 6-8 mo,when ANOTHER
variance is emerging. I do NOT get flu shots annually,(let alone boosters).....attempt to find the "just right"
formula for MOST variances (once they have a handle on HOW MANY ARE OUT THERE)...THEN
formulate and have FDA approval.....that is what seems logical to me,so I am agreeing with the professional
that says he needs more data before he would push the booster plan.

05 Aug 2021 18:07 #366 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Wuhan Virus Update

FredHayek wrote: Mission Creep: we were told months ago, get vaccinated and you will no longer need to wear masks. Majority of Americans get vaccinated. Then they tell us, please wear a mask too. Our vaccines aren't as good as we told you. Only 80% effective. :dry:

Two weeks to flatten the curve. ROTFLMAO

07 Aug 2021 11:53 #367 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Damn science, that constantly considers new information and reacts accordingly. It should have the same viewpoint, regardless of changing circumstances. That means the Sun orbits the Earth!!!

07 Aug 2021 16:23 #368 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update

Wayne Harrison wrote: Damn science, that constantly considers new information and reacts accordingly. It should have the same viewpoint, regardless of changing circumstances. That means the Sun orbits the Earth!!!

Like the fact that only 0.02 percent of Americans have died from Covid-19? #science

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Aug 2021 09:54 #369 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Wuhan Virus Update
0.02 percent sounds better than 633,000 dead, doesn't it? Unless the deaths include your grandmother, wife or kid. Or you.

08 Aug 2021 10:23 #370 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Wuhan Virus Update

Wayne Harrison wrote: 0.02 percent sounds better than 633,000 dead, doesn't it? Unless the deaths include your grandmother, wife or kid. Or you.

I wish you luck getting to absolutely no deaths from Covid.

Time to create page: 0.667 seconds