Hydroxychloroquine WILL Save US

05 Apr 2020 11:14 #11 by homeagain
OK, just came in from staining some outdoor furniture,NOW have to do the Lidocaine patch and
heat pad....it sucks the big one NOT to be able to do my two speed M.O.

THANK YOU for the article Ramage. The question of HOW the drug impacts the heart when
used off label (is that the correct term?).....I.E. FOR CORONA VIRUS....R U finding further info
on the adverse reactions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2020 12:45 #12 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: So if people die because their states ban this Lupus treatment, should the governors be blamed? Or will the media have blood on their hands for discouraging the use of this antimalarial cocktail?

THAT'S the problem...those people who NEED the proven med for their condition are being impacted....shortages. IF the king takes it,as a remedy, and he does not have SEVERE reaction,
then I would be MORE inclined to give him accolades for being a HUMAN guinea pig.

HERE'S the problem,as I understand it, research shows that those with underlying HEART
problems (which the king seems to have)are at HI risk.....IT exacerbates the hearts abilityto
regulate blood flow......as I understand it...correct me if I am wrong....NOT AN M.D. here.

Pills are a lot easier to make than ventilators, if this can keep CV patients off ventilators, it would be awesome. I have seen some production figures for the pills and they are huge, in the millions, if states don't hoard them, this could break Corona's back.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Apr 2020 13:21 #13 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: So if people die because their states ban this Lupus treatment, should the governors be blamed? Or will the media have blood on their hands for discouraging the use of this antimalarial cocktail?

THAT'S the problem...those people who NEED the proven med for their condition are being impacted....shortages. IF the king takes it,as a remedy, and he does not have SEVERE reaction,
then I would be MORE inclined to give him accolades for being a HUMAN guinea pig.

HERE'S the problem,as I understand it, research shows that those with underlying HEART
problems (which the king seems to have)are at HI risk.....IT exacerbates the hearts abilityto
regulate blood flow......as I understand it...correct me if I am wrong....NOT AN M.D. here.

Not a doc myself but I’m pretty sure the heart side effects are with Chlooquine and not Hydroxychloroquine.

05 Apr 2020 13:58 #14 by homeagain
www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-fauci-coron...8e4fc5b6eab77949660d

I ask,because of this article.....BOTH drugs are mentioned and the Chinese reversed their
decision on the cocktail.....as I understand it.

05 Apr 2020 16:40 #15 by FredHayek
Another thing to consider, both drugs are past patent, so it only costs about $100 in medication for a full treatment plan.
I know the jury is still out of this, but I hope it does work for the majority of cases. Might possibly save hundreds of millions in the developing world.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Apr 2020 12:16 #16 by koobookie
nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/trump-fa...-zopw9X3N2l401SgkkcA

Lysenko was able to manipulate communist ideology to discredit mainstream science on ideological grounds. Trump’s hydroxychloroquine claims have done something similar with conservative populism, tapping into the right’s mistrust of bureaucrats and educated elitists. Hydroxychloroquine has become yet another venue for Trump to demonstrate his mastery over the credentialed snobs. “Dr. Fauci remains steadfast in his bureaucracy. Dr. Fauci’s a conformist,” declares Rush Limbaugh. “Here’s the difference between a health professional bureaucrat expert and Donald Trump.” The drama has played out in conservative media, which has enthralled its audience with headlines like “Florida Man With Coronavirus Credits Drug Touted by Trump for Saving His Life” and “After Mocking Trump for Promoting Hydroxychloroquine, Journalists Acknowledge It Might Treat Coronavirus.”

An interesting read on why Trump is so enthusiastic about this drug.

06 Apr 2020 16:59 #17 by koobookie
www.newsweek.com/swedish-hospitals-chlor...k#Echobox=1586191625

Several hospitals in Sweden have reportedly stopped administering chloroquine to coronavirus patients following reports the drug was causing adverse side effects.

According to the national paper Expressen, hospitals in the Västra Götaland region are no longer offering the antimalarial medication, with side effects reported to include cramps and the loss of peripheral vision.

06 Apr 2020 17:33 #18 by ramage
Chloroquine is the precursor of Hydroxycholroquine. Hydroxycholorquine does not have the liver side effects of chloroquine. Sweden chose to look at chloroquine, an example would using propanolol, a first generation beta-blocker used in patients with heart disease. The second and third generation of beta blockers, such as carvedilol, nebivolol, etc are more effective with less side effects.
To continue with your automobile analogy, (race cars), don't bring a Chevy Nova to a competition with a Porsche 997.

06 Apr 2020 19:49 #19 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote: www.newsweek.com/swedish-hospitals-chlor...k#Echobox=1586191625

Several hospitals in Sweden have reportedly stopped administering chloroquine to coronavirus patients following reports the drug was causing adverse side effects.

According to the national paper Expressen, hospitals in the Västra Götaland region are no longer offering the antimalarial medication, with side effects reported to include cramps and the loss of peripheral vision.

I don’t care if you want to turn down a chance of recovery if you catch this virus but I want the option for myself. Hydroxychoroquine is much safer. Why didn’t the Swedes use that?

07 Apr 2020 07:12 #20 by homeagain
From my pov....no one really knows.....IT'S 52 CARD P.U.
I am all for voluntary HUMAN guinea pigs, I for one would NOT,but admire those who would.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds