End Of Quarantine?

04 Apr 2020 11:24 #1 by FredHayek
End Of Quarantine? was created by FredHayek
Any guesses? I realize they would just be guesses, this crisis is moving so fast. I am hoping for a July 1st easing of the clampdown. We probably still won't see packed sporting events and concerts for a long time, but maybe restaurants can reopen their dining rooms. I have heard a number of "experts" think this quarantine will be an 18 month affair. I hope not. This will really hurt Park County with tourism. So many of the events people come up for will have to be cancelled because of crowds, even campgrounds are being shut down. Dispersed camping this Summer?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2020 13:19 #2 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic End Of Quarantine?
If it goes much beyond May 1st, there will be so much civil unrest that it probably won't matter much any more.

04 Apr 2020 13:31 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic End Of Quarantine?
The Fourth Turning....:flagwave:

04 Apr 2020 21:22 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic End Of Quarantine?

homeagain wrote: The Fourth Turning....:flagwave:

You keep mentioning your turning but you fail to make any real predictions. What exactly does this fourth turning mean to the average American? Your turning didn't include this pandemic as I recall but I'm sure you'll say this is part of it. Is anything bad in the world part of this fourth turning and what can we expect when the pandemic ends?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Apr 2020 21:34 - 04 Apr 2020 21:34 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic End Of Quarantine?
https://i0.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/04/mc-the-messenger-web.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

i0.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-asset...-web.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

05 Apr 2020 08:27 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic End Of Quarantine?
It just seems so un-American to hide in our homes, ratting out our neighbors.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Apr 2020 09:25 #7 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

You keep mentioning your turning but you fail to make any real predictions. What exactly does this fourth turning mean to the average American? Your turning didn't include this pandemic as I recall but I'm sure you'll say this is part of it. Is anything bad in the world part of this fourth turning and what can we expect when the pandemic ends?

[/b]

I have posted numerous times, how the fourth turning could manifest.... a three
pronged approach to this....HISTORICAL,SCIENTIFIC, and METAPHYSICAL.

LOOK to history and how events manifested to alter a society/structure. Boston Tea Party,
the original,Rome,Hitler's reign.....history does repeat itself. I am NOT an advanced scholar,but
rather an introspective person who "sees" the patterns.....that barely covers historical,let's move on to scientific,the magnetic poles have MOVED by several degrees(would have to look up the link,for specific degrees)THAT has created a SHIFT in climate,animal behavior,AND
human habitat/animal habitat....some species are headed toward extinction. Meteorologists
are predicting a HUGE HURRICANE SEASON ....worsening as the seasons go by. The
shift has created a navigation problem, not only for humans, but also animals who migrate.

Moving on to metaphysical (again barely covering the scientific)...TWO PLANETS(outer and
long lasting effects)are involved. Pluto (tear down,strip to bare,RE DO...the Phoenix plunging
into the flames, to be reborn from the ashes. Uranus. SUDDEN and UNexpected actions,
events. Shaking up the status quo and FORCING a new direction or paradigm. Combine
all of the above factors....can U see how a pandemic might fit it? Humans are to blame,
they have desegregated Gaia and the universe is just putting things back in order....a DIFFERENT way of being on this planet. jmo

05 Apr 2020 15:13 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

HERE is an overview.....it's what I have been stating,thru many months....

www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/0...ting-started/609463/

06 Apr 2020 10:47 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic End Of Quarantine?

homeagain wrote: HERE is an overview.....it's what I have been stating,thru many months....

First of all, I'd like to address the premise that "history repeats itself". I agree, it does, but it also doesn't and it certainly isn't a predetermined outcome. Sometimes history repeats in similar ways and sometimes it doesn't at all.

Why should I take Rebecca Spang's opinions as gospel, and just as important to this discussion is, why do you? All people have their own ways of looking at history and information presented and then making determinations as to what is likely to happen, like your "fourth turning". You'll cling to the nuggets of fact that support your beliefs but discard those that would in any way counter the outcome that you are so convinced is accurate and inevitable. I see the same thing with climate change as goal posts move and failed predictions are intentionally forgotten and replaced with newer ones that are more distant and unprovable.

History is extremely important in that it needs to be remembered, good and bad. If bad history repeats it just means that not enough of us learned from it and we picked the wrong people to lead us. I know you think we have the wrong leader and so do your sources that you seem to think are infallible when it comes to their opinions. I disagree, I think we have the right person at the right time and I also think future history books will look at Trump much differently than you think. Unfortunately, neither one of us will be alive when enough time has passed to see if our country changed for the better or for the worse because of Trump.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2020 11:40 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: HERE is an overview.....it's what I have been stating,thru many months....

First of all, I'd like to address the premise that "history repeats itself". I agree, it does, but it also doesn't and it certainly isn't a predetermined outcome. Sometimes history repeats in similar ways and sometimes it doesn't at all.

Why should I take Rebecca Spang's opinions as gospel, and just as important to this discussion is, why do you? All people have their own ways of looking at history and information presented and then making determinations as to what is likely to happen, like your "fourth turning". You'll cling to the nuggets of fact that support your beliefs but discard those that would in any way counter the outcome that you are so convinced is accurate and inevitable. I see the same thing with climate change as goal posts move and failed predictions are intentionally forgotten and replaced with newer ones that are more distant and unprovable.

History is extremely important in that it needs to be remembered, good and bad. If bad history repeats it just means that not enough of us learned from it and we picked the wrong people to lead us. I know you think we have the wrong leader and so do your sources that you seem to think are infallible when it comes to their opinions. I disagree, I think we have the right person at the right time and I also think future history books will look at Trump much differently than you think. Unfortunately, neither one of us will be alive when enough time has passed to see if our country changed for the better or for the worse because of Trump.

bolded...U R more intelligent than that.......I do NOT TAKE her article as gospel, it was a
method of getting my point across in more HISTORICAL depth.....YES, U R correct,I will
be off the planet when the verdict is written in history books.....BUT,from a macro viewpoint
(looking downward from another plane) I believe the CHANGE was mandated,it took a controversial character to prod the populace out of complacency.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds