Thoughts to ponder

13 Sep 2020 17:52 #291 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Thoughts to ponder

ScienceChic wrote: As I posted on another friend's FB timeline when he made the same assertions, we don't even know who the suspect is who shot those officers. Since we don't even know who they are, how can there possibly be assumptions made that they are BLM, or with any other group, political party, etc?

I do not in any way condone these horrific acts against the police, or the protestors blocking a hospital entrance and yelling horrible things, but can we wait for facts to come in before assuming who they are and why they did this? There's more than enough rumors, misinformation, and flat out lies flying around social media and news, on both sides, and it takes each of us to stop what we can. Even FOX News didn't mention BLM, or Antifa, when reporting on the shooter or the protestors. What the players in the NFL are doing pre-dates this incident and isn't an endorsement for violence. Frankly, it would be nice if the NFL organization itself would stay out of it as well since their track record of being on the right side of justice is abysmal. They shouldn't be allowing any names of anyone to be put on uniforms, unless it's someone football-related.

www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/los-angeles-co...t-compton/index.html
www.foxnews.com/us/protesters-hospital-l...fs-deputies-ambushed

The problem with making blanket statements like "Democrats support this"or "BLM did this" without proof is the same problem as saying that "Republicans are racist" because of the words and actions of a few: it's putting everyone in that party, in that group, in the same box and ascribing those extremist beliefs to all that only some, those who should be condemned, for holding. If we ever want to get back to working together, get back to civility, with moderates on both sides being the driving force publicly and privately, then we all need to stop making these assumptions and all-encompassing statements that further drive a wedge between us.

If you'll notice, the ongoing riots and looting (which, for the record, I also condemn) are happening in only a few cities in this country, despite the fact that the majority of large US coastal cities are left-leaning. This isn't a whole party problem, it's a few mayors and governors who are doing a piss-poor job of leading. It isn't all the NFL players, it's some of them, and we're where we are today because of a lack of listening to understand and flat out vilifying the other side. Call our leaders out for their ineffectiveness, don't say all Democratic leaders support terrorists, or all police shooters are BLM, or all rioters are Antifa or White Supremacists, all Republicans are racists because that's how dialog gets shut down and our society degrades further. I actually had a friend post that all police were KKK, and I had to reply in astonishment, "Does that mean the black ones too?" People don't think before they comment, and it adds to the problem.

Don't let the media's focus on what's burning and bleeding for ratings and clicks misguide us on the facts that the majority of the country decry these actions, want peace and order, justice, equality, fairness, truth, and a return to civility while working on our problems together. Don't let assumptions obscure the facts.

I have a strong feeling that I’m not wrong about the BLM ties for the shooter. If all BLM did was block the entrance to the hospital, it’s enough for me to disavow any organization tied to them. The Vikings today paid tribute to a violent rapist. Fk the NFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2020 18:39 #292 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Thoughts to ponder

ScienceChic wrote: we don't even know who the suspect is who shot those officers. Since we don't even know who they are, how can there possibly be assumptions made that they are BLM, or with any other group, political party, etc?

I do not in any way condone these horrific acts against the police, or the protestors blocking a hospital entrance and yelling horrible things, but can we wait for facts to come in before assuming who they are and why they did this? There's more than enough rumors, misinformation, and flat out lies flying around social media and news, on both sides, and it takes each of us to stop what we can. Even FOX News didn't mention BLM, or Antifa, when reporting on the shooter or the protestors.

HORRIBLE THINGS. HORRIBLE THINGS?? Do you mean thing like I hope when they recover and return to their families they. have some scares or I hope they have a small limp. Or do you mean things like I hope they die.
Do you realize what you are doing by trying to distance yourself emotionally from what you have heard they saying? Do you think they might be Trump supporters?
In light of that does it really mater if the shooter is a BLM supporter or just a run of the mill psychopath.

13 Sep 2020 19:45 #293 by Pony Soldier
Yes, it matters. Corporate America is backing BLM and if the shooter is BLM, then they are backing attacks on cops. We are going to have open warfare soon because of entities like the NFL allowing terrorists to dictate to them what they can put on the jerseys, helmets, end zones, ... enough is enough. Let’s look at the statistics before burning down the country! Let’s look at facts instead of emotions! Does anyone believe that Black Lives Matter gives a crap about black lives? If you believe that, you are part of the problem!

14 Sep 2020 07:08 #294 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Thoughts to ponder

Pony Soldier wrote: Yes, it matters. Corporate America is backing BLM and if the shooter is BLM, then they are backing attacks on cops. We are going to have open warfare soon because of entities like the NFL allowing terrorists to dictate to them what they can put on the jerseys, helmets, end zones, ... enough is enough. Let’s look at the statistics before burning down the country! Let’s look at facts instead of emotions! Does anyone believe that Black Lives Matter gives a crap about black lives? If you believe that, you are part of the problem!

There’s a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure the truth. MAYA ANGELO

Is the bolded TRUTH?

14 Sep 2020 07:30 #295 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Thoughts to ponder
Several things here.
1. Who is Maya Angelo? I know of Maya Angelou, was it just a mis-spelling?
2. Whether the NFL (trying to live up to Not For Long) supports or allows the current actions is a matter of complicity or active involvement.
3.BLM is a funding tool of the Democrats and nothing more. Opinion based on evidence of lack of action no real support of people, just politics and the election cycle timing.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

14 Sep 2020 07:31 #296 by Pony Soldier
Which part? The part that was prefaced with “If”? The rest is true and that part will likely turn out to be true. If the shooter was not BLM, he was motivated by their dangerous rhetoric.

14 Sep 2020 08:09 #297 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Thoughts to ponder

Pony Soldier wrote: Which part? The part that was prefaced with “If”? The rest is true and that part will likely turn out to be true. If the shooter was not BLM, he was motivated by their dangerous rhetoric.

The whole of your post is speculation.....provide a link for bolded.

14 Sep 2020 09:51 #298 by Pony Soldier
Again... which part? Corporate sponsorship of BLM?

builtin.com/diversity-inclusion/companie...atter-social-justice

NFL??

www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost..../%3FoutputType%3Damp

Open warfare??? See the assassination attempt on 2 LA officers for the latest salvo on that front.

14 Sep 2020 14:37 #299 by HEARTLESS
This will get a lot more interesting soon. The FBI "accidentally" wiped 27 phones before they were turned over.
jwatch.us/Zho4y1

20 Sep 2020 16:37 #300 by HEARTLESS
Rough week ahead?

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds