Twitter Bans President Trump

17 Jan 2021 10:29 #31 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Twitter Bans President Trump

Pony Soldier wrote: Wait a minute. Are you saying you’re ok with a company discriminating against people based on political affiliation? You’re ok with someone being blacklisted from being able to purchase insurance or bank because of political affiliation? That’s sick and un-American! Fascism is here folks. Enjoy the bed you’ve made.

Scary isn't it? I wouldn't be comfortable with Twitter or any other monopoly silencing liberal voices because it's not only un-American, it tells me that the ideology they are trying to push on us can't stand up to logical debate and common sense. The really scary part is that regular people on the left are fine with all of this. There's a new video out where Dorsey talks about silencing many others for an extended period of time.

Next time we talk about election interference, I'd like to know who has more power to do so than Twitter, Google, FB, and youtube. So much power in the hands of so few, we should al be terrified, but too many are not.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2021 10:50 #32 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: Wait a minute. Are you saying you’re ok with a company discriminating against people based on political affiliation? You’re ok with someone being blacklisted from being able to purchase insurance or bank because of political affiliation? That’s sick and un-American! Fascism is here folks. Enjoy the bed you’ve made.

Scary isn't it? I wouldn't be comfortable with Twitter or any other monopoly silencing liberal voices because it's not only un-American, it tells me that the ideology they are trying to push on us can't stand up to logical debate and common sense. The really scary part is that regular people on the left are fine with all of this. There's a new video out where Dorsey talks about silencing many others for an extended period of time.

Next time we talk about election interference, I'd like to know who has more power to do so than Twitter, Google, FB, and youtube. So much power in the hands of so few, we should al be terrified, but too many are not.

[/b]

Just to clarify a point.....I do NOT participate in any soc. media (other than here)....I do NOT own a cell
phone/latest I phone,tablet,etc. what I DO believe in is a RESPONSIBLE PLATFORM that will NOT
entertain hate/anarchy/vitriol platforms and encourage irresponsible actions in the name of free speech.
WORDS ARE THINGS AND U COLLECTIVELY HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO UTILIZE WORDS IN A
JUDICIOUS WAY......THAT requires deep thought and reflection. To vomit up vitriol verbiage and hide
behind free speech is cowardly. JMO

17 Jan 2021 10:55 #33 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: CREDIBLE source for those quotes???? I am quite positive there are NONE.

Is your position still that there are no credible sources for those quotes?

17 Jan 2021 11:02 #34 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

[/b]

Just to clarify a point.....I do NOT participate in any soc. media (other than here)....I do NOT own a cell
phone/latest I phone,tablet,etc. what I DO believe in is a RESPONSIBLE PLATFORM that will NOT
entertain hate/anarchy/vitriol platforms and encourage irresponsible actions in the name of free speech.
JUDICIOUS WAY......THAT requires deep thought and reflection. To vomit up vitriol verbiage and hide
behind free speech is cowardly. JMO

So you are essentially saying you don't support free speech. You would only allow certain voices and certain messages. You support moderated speech.
It is scary to see the Left so eager to shut down free speech. I have never wanted to silence the Democrats who supported rioters that helped damage American cities and minority neighborhoods.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jan 2021 11:08 #35 by Pony Soldier
It is quite interesting how the argument about hate speech gets trotted out every single time a conservative voice is silenced and yet, the ayatollah can post on Twitter, unrestricted, about how Israel should be removed from existing and call for death to the great satan. Celebrities can post threats against the President and his family actually suggesting that his minor son should be caged and raped, but that is ok. It’s a BS argument. It is neither responsible nor judicious. Is is just big brother and his sycophants.

17 Jan 2021 11:13 - 17 Jan 2021 11:14 #36 by homeagain
U want to play a game (sigh)..........the word game is INTEGRITY IN THOUGHT AND ACTION...translated
STFU and THINK before U lay down shit in print....is that specific enough for U ???

17 Jan 2021 11:18 #37 by Pony Soldier
Please explain.

17 Jan 2021 11:25 #38 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:
entertain hate
/anarchy/vitriol platforms and encourage irresponsible actions in the name of free speech.
behind free speech is cowardly
. JMO

Would it surprise you to know that I see many of your posts here as a daily dose of vomiting up vitriol, 2 minute hates and encouraging irresponsible actions.
That is what happens when you dehumanize and demonize everyone who disagrees with you.

17 Jan 2021 12:15 #39 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote:
entertain hate
/anarchy/vitriol platforms and encourage irresponsible actions in the name of free speech.
behind free speech is cowardly
. JMO

Would it surprise you to know that I see many of your posts here as a daily dose of vomiting up vitriol, 2 minute hates and encouraging irresponsible actions.
That is what happens when you dehumanize and demonize everyone who disagrees with you.

NO it would not surprise me....THAT is how divided this nation is. The solution is a THIRD PARTY and
an understanding that the paradigm has to change....R U PART OF THE PROBLEM OR WILL
U BE PART OF THE SOLUTION.

18 Jan 2021 07:17 #40 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote: No, errands to run....I will post rebuttal when I can research EVER quote and see the context of the quote.

This was several days ago. No rebuttal? Or was your rebuttal that you won't debate this because you are wrong?

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds