UKRAINE - WELL, THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG

20 Mar 2022 21:04 #1 by ramage
LVIV, Ukraine, March 20 (Reuters) – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has signed a decree that combines all national TV channels into one platform, citing the importance of a “unified information policy” under martial law, his office said in a statement on Sunday.

Ukrainian privately owned media channels have hitherto continued to operate since the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24. The decree announcement, made on the presidential website, did not specify how quickly the new measure would come into force.
www.reuters.com/world/europe/citing-mart...channels-2022-03-20/

I was curious as to why social media was particularly silent. Guess i know why now, they were hoping to avoid a government take-over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2022 07:20 #2 by ramage
Oops!
I forgot to mention:
"Despite the crackdown on political opposition, the Ukrainian leader did not ban any parties with links to neo-Nazis, including the ethnonationalist Svoboda and neo-fascist group Right Sector."

www.rebelnews.com/ukrainian_president_vo...1_opposition_parties

21 Mar 2022 08:17 #3 by Rick
Russia, Ukraine, USA.... 3 corrupt governments with similar tactics to control the narratives. The only difference in our country is that the government has big tech and the news media, (most of it), doing their dirty work voluntarily.

I hope enough of the people still in the Matrix figure it out before it's too late.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Mar 2022 09:38 #4 by FredHayek
C'est Le Guerre? It is the war. When a nation is at war, you have to expect civil liberties will be temporarily taken away. Even President Lincoln suspended habeas corpus when the Civil War was taking place. And Ukraine has a high population of Russians who Zelensky has to be wary of. Will they become spies for Putin? Might even be Russian special forces disguised as Ukrainian civilians.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 May 2022 00:36 #5 by ramage
As Bill Clinton said to Juanita Broderick, You'd better put some ice on that. Zelensky and other took that to heart after this performance.

14 May 2022 10:12 #6 by FredHayek
The Ukrainian government has started arresting citizens that appear to have been spying on the Ukrainian military or collaborating with Russian military in parts of Ukraine.

14 May 2022 20:53 - 14 May 2022 20:54 #7 by FredHayek
The Democrats have put together a 40 billion dollar military aid package for Ukraine. The traditional party for pacifists? Bernie Sanders and the Squad have no problems giving the military industrial complex tens of billions of dollars. #hypocrites

27 Jul 2022 18:43 - 27 Jul 2022 18:44 #8 by ramage
Meanwhile back in the Ukraine, Mr and Mrs Zelensky took some time out from the war to pose for a photo shoot by Vogue Magazine.

In one portion of his interview with Vogue, Zelensky shrugged off the crushing economic realities facing American taxpayers as they help fund his country’s war with Russia — plunging the U.S. further into inflationary pressures.

“I will be very honest and maybe not very diplomatic: Gas is nothing … just try to imagine what I’m talking about happening to your home, to your country,” Zelensky said. “Would you still be thinking about gas prices or electricity prices?

Breitbart.com 7/27/22
Attachments:

28 Jul 2022 14:59 - 28 Jul 2022 15:00 #9 by ramage
Her is a picture that did not make Vogue issue.

May be photo shopped but it reflects reality.
Attachments:

28 Jul 2022 18:51 #10 by FredHayek
America used to be the world's policeman. Now we are the world's checkbook.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds