UKRAINE - WELL, THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG

31 Aug 2022 14:51 #31 by FredHayek
The Dummy War? Saw some photos on Twitter of Ukranian prop tanks and artillery. Brilliant! Not only can you mass fake brigades near expected bridge heads, but you can have Russia expend valuable ammunition on balloon tanks and plywood artillery. Hard for drones to tell the difference.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2022 13:41 #32 by ramage
well, now that energy prices have increased 400+%. Take a moment to remember this:

Attachments:

06 Sep 2022 15:44 #33 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: The Dummy War? Saw some photos on Twitter of Ukranian prop tanks and artillery. Brilliant! Not only can you mass fake brigades near expected bridge heads, but you can have Russia expend valuable ammunition on balloon tanks and plywood artillery. Hard for drones to tell the difference.

Do they have the ability to give the props a thermal signature?

06 Sep 2022 17:24 - 06 Sep 2022 17:33 #34 by ramage
Unfortunately the wood and paper tanks may have been good propaganda prior to D-Day 1944. Don't know that it was effective then and certainly not by today's technology.
Rather than discuss the actual fighting, the more important fact is the decimation of the EU economy. President Trump told the Germans, but they chose to be the grasshopper rather than the ants. That is my point.
Note that Slo Joe's Secretary of energy, Jennifer Grandholm, has asked American energy producers not to sell to Europe and save their product for the U.S.

Lest we forget, Operation Tiger, my father was part of this mock invasion. By virtue of the fact that I am commenting it is safe to say that he was not a victim. Nor was he a victim when he went ashore on Utah Beach.
www.npr.org/2012/04/28/151590212/operati...disastrous-rehearsal
This was kept secret by the Government (ours) for 40 years.
For nearly 40 years, well after the end of the war, Operation Tiger remained a secret.
Ironically as the NPR article points out,. more U.S G.I.'s died on the mock landing than in the actual invasion.

06 Sep 2022 21:01 #35 by ramage

This is currently what is happening in Swtizerland . Lets look at Xcel, it shut off the thermostats for 70, 000 customers who needed air conditioning.
Attachments:

07 Sep 2022 07:28 #36 by Rick
I’m sure Europeans are hoping for a little help from global warming this coming winter. I’ll bet they have plenty of water though, if it doesn’t freeze.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Sep 2022 18:39 #37 by ramage
The plot thickens.

Armenia has asked Russia to intervene in its "dispute" with Azerbaijan, invoking a rule in the Collective Security Treaty Organization (similar to NATO's article 5). Azerbaijan is a major source of oil for
Europe, and is not a NATO member.

14 Sep 2022 18:46 #38 by Rick
I’m very curious how much suffering and death will be required for the leftist elites to backpedal and admit failure. I suppose it will depend on how much power the peasants have left when it gets really ugly.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Sep 2022 06:02 #39 by FredHayek
The Russian retreat is revealing war crimes with mass graves and evidence of torture. Should the Ukrainians start trials of captured Russians? Or instead play nice and encourage the Russian soldiers to desert?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Sep 2022 08:38 #40 by ramage
Aren't we glad that we abandoned Afghanistan for Ukraine.

If the measure is passed, it will bring the total US expenditures for the war in Ukraine to about $65.6 billion. Including the $2 billion in energy spending to offset sanctions brings the total to $67.6 billion. To put the figure in perspective, Russia’s entire annual military budget for 2021 was $65.9 billion.

www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/congress-...stopgap-funding-bill

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds