UKRAINE - WELL, THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG

27 Sep 2022 12:39 #41 by Rick
That’s one of my favorite Trump predictions that came true. Those laughing idiots are not laughing anymore.

Trump also predicted old Joe was going to wreck the economy.., who’s laughing now?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2022 16:57 #42 by ramage
The four Eastern most regions/republics in the Donbass have voted to become part of Russia. By joining any attack on them is an attack on Russia. It will take sometime for the integration into Russia but government officials will proceed with alacrity.
What will Slo Joe do?

28 Sep 2022 14:42 #43 by ramage
It's official the eastern 4 provinces of Ukraine have voted to join the Russian Federation.
The procedure now starts for them to become part of "mother Russia".
I don't recall that the Inuits of Alaska or the native Hawaiians having the option of voting on whether they were to be annexed by the U.S. or not. Perhaps our former resident of Alaska can provide some information as to the annexation of Alaska.

28 Sep 2022 17:17 #44 by homeagain

ramage wrote: It's official the eastern 4 provinces of Ukraine have voted to join the Russian Federation.
The procedure now starts for them to become part of "mother Russia".
I don't recall that the Inuits of Alaska or the native Hawaiians having the option of voting on whether they were to be annexed by the U.S. or not. Perhaps our former resident of Alaska can provide some information as to the annexation of Alaska.

[/b]

www.eisenhowerlibrary.gov/research/onlin...nts/alaska-statehood

of particular interest Ted Stevens memo.....approx 1.2 down the page pdf item

In 1955 I was 8 years old when we moved to Anchorage,so my recollection of statehood events r vague, I think I remember people celebrating...I know I have a license plate from 1958.....celebrating the 49th state.

28 Sep 2022 18:09 #45 by ramage
I did not intend that you should know how the indigenous peoples felt about statehood, especially since you got there at age 8. My point is that the inhabitants of the 4 autonomous regions are signifiicantly Russian and voted such. Why does the Slo Joe administration call this election a "sham"?
There were international observers unlike our 2020 election.

28 Sep 2022 19:12 #46 by FredHayek
The residents of Hawaii did vote to be annexed by the United States. Puerto Rico has had the opportunity to grant themselves independence and consistently vote against it.

Alaska residents voted for statehood.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Sep 2022 09:30 #47 by ramage
My comment was poorly worded.
I want to know whether the indigenous peoples where in favor of annexation. I do understand that the "residents" voted for annexation.

29 Sep 2022 11:05 #48 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/...usewitz-ill-explain/

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Remember Carl von Clausewitz? The Prussian general whose much-quoted and sometimes-read philosophy of war is regularly reduced to the idea that war is the pursuit of politics “with other means”? (Namely: Force.)

Can’t get what you want through the political process, negotiations, peaceful means? Well, have you considered using military force? (I’m oversimplifying Clausewitz and fully expect a number of .edu or .mil address-holders to complain. But I’m writing for a general audience.)

A interesting item of discussion.

29 Sep 2022 11:25 #49 by homeagain

ramage wrote: My comment was poorly worded.
I want to know whether the indigenous peoples where in favor of annexation. I do understand that the "residents" voted for annexation.

The United States did not mention the fact that nearly one-fifth of Alaskans at that time were Natives, that few Natives could read or were registered to vote. For all the United Nations knew, all Alaskans were of one race, history and culture, and all had participated equally in calling for Statehood. If the true facts had been known, the General Assembly might have concluded that Statehood was only going to give more power to the American colonizers of Alaska, rather than giving freedom to the Native people who had been colonized.

30 Sep 2022 10:10 #50 by FredHayek
Becoming a state most likely helped Alaska preserve its environment and helped natives who worked in industries. By becoming a state, corporations had to follow OSHA, EPA, and other United States laws it didn't need to follow as a territory. Possibly one reason Puerto Rico has never become a state. Easier for corporations to pay below average wages and ignore environmental rules. Plus it would add two Democrat senators.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds