POOF......POTUS "can think about it" and presto like magic,it's done

30 Sep 2022 10:04 #31 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I'm glad to see you agree that there was Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and that some people from the Trump team were complicit.

Do you honestly think Russian meddling in the election prevented Hillary Clinton from winning?

Russia has been trying to influence Ukrainian elections since the breakup of the Soviet Union, sometimes they are successful but most often, they aren't.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2022 07:53 #32 by koobookie
That's not at all what I said, Fred. The Mueller report did, in fact, prove that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, and that Trump team members were complicit. Remember the convictions? Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos... The list goes on. 37 people were charged, so no, it was not a witch hunt. It found crimes.

In case you're interested, here's a summary of the Mueller Report:
www.acslaw.org/projects/the-presidential...-the-mueller-report/

The Special Counsel investigation uncovered extensive criminal activity

The investigation produced 37 indictments; seven guilty pleas or convictions; and compelling evidence that the president obstructed justice on multiple occasions. Mueller also uncovered and referred 14 criminal matters to other components of the Department of Justice.
Trump associates repeatedly lied to investigators about their contacts with Russians, and President Trump refused to answer questions about his efforts to impede federal proceedings and influence the testimony of witnesses.
A statement signed by over 1,000 former federal prosecutors concluded that if any other American engaged in the same efforts to impede federal proceedings the way Trump did, they would likely be indicted for multiple charges of obstruction of justice.

Russia engaged in extensive attacks on the U.S. election system in 2016

Russian interference in the 2016 election was “sweeping and systemic.”[1]
Major attack avenues included a social media “information warfare” campaign that “favored” candidate Trump[2] and the hacking of Clinton campaign-related databases and release of stolen materials through Russian-created entities and Wikileaks.[3]
Russia also targeted databases in many states related to administering elections gaining access to information for millions of registered voters.[4]

The investigation “identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign” and established that the Trump Campaign “showed interest in WikiLeaks's releases of documents and welcomed their potential to damage candidate Clinton”

04 Oct 2022 09:27 #33 by FredHayek
Of course politicians do anything they can to win elections. In the 1970's, Teddy Kennedy asked the Soviet Union to help him win an election.
Look at our own CIA, influencing elections for decades all over the world. Sometimes to the point that they fund coups, like in Ukraine.

04 Oct 2022 09:35 #34 by koobookie
I'm glad that you agree Russia meddled in our 2016 election, and that there were numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign

04 Oct 2022 09:38 #35 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I'm glad that you agree Russia meddled in our 2016 election, and that there were numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign

And do you agree that the Hillary Clinton campaign started the birther nonsense with candidate Obama?

04 Oct 2022 09:50 #36 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: And do you agree that the Hillary Clinton campaign started the birther nonsense with candidate Obama?

Nope.

Two Republican presidential candidates claim the so-called “birther” movement originated with the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008. While it’s true that some of her ardent supporters pushed the theory, there is no evidence that Clinton or her campaign had anything to do with it.

www.factcheck.org/2015/07/was-hillary-cl...he-original-birther/

04 Oct 2022 10:46 #37 by FredHayek
Only makes sense for candidate Hillary Clinton to keep her hands clean while her supporters and delegates spread the Birther stories around the Democrat Party base.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

04 Oct 2022 10:54 #38 by koobookie
I'm glad you agree that Hillary Clinton campaign did not start the birther stories about Obama.

04 Oct 2022 11:35 #39 by Freezeman
"What difference does it make?"

04 Oct 2022 12:51 #40 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I'm glad you agree that Hillary Clinton campaign did not start the birther stories about Obama.

Who would you define as her campaign, only paid staffers? How about part time volunteers? Politicians who support her campaign? Super delegates who support her campaign?

Hence the wink, wink, nudge, nudge. A paid campaign staffer has a few drinks with big money donors, the donors mention the birther story, the Clinton staffer says "no comment" with a wink. Or refuses to deny the birther story.

I don't think the world is as cut and dried as you do. Lots of shades.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds