POOF......POTUS "can think about it" and presto like magic,it's done

26 Oct 2022 08:16 #51 by Rick

koobookie wrote: and student loans are hurting people because of predatory lending practices.

One is okay, the other is not. Got it.

You can try to make that argument if that’s all you’ve got, but you’d have to convince me how the loans are predatory in nature. My daughter has taken out loans and the interest rates are pretty low. I think the colleges are the actual predators since they raise tuition as government subsidies increase. Students are not getting their money’s worth and now you think hard working Americans should now pay those debts. That’s not a sustainable path forward.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2022 08:44 #52 by koobookie
I see, so we taxpayers have to pay for the loans those farmers took.

I have several friends who, now in the 50's & 60's, who are still paying on their loans, with over 50% of the principal still on the books. The rates were that high. Remember, Rick, that thanks to the Republicans in 2005, bankruptcy cannot discharge a student loan. Why do you suppose that is, Rick?

You talk about how the government is responsible for the farmers default, but what about student loans? Is not the government responsible for the usury tactics enforced upon students?

Oh, and I loooooove how you get a subtle dig into higher education as not getting your moneys worth. It's sort of like your footnote at the end of every post, about how experts are responsible for many of the great disasters, almost as if you're making fun of intelligence and higher education. You do realize that the very computer you're writing your responses on was made by a group of experts. The programs that allow you to write your opinions on this board were designed by a group of experts. The roads that you drive on were designed by a group of experts. The furnace you use to heat your home was designed by a group of experts. And you know what, Rick? Those experts probably received a degree or two or three from higher education, but go ahead and make fun of colleges and universities.

26 Oct 2022 10:29 - 26 Oct 2022 10:34 #53 by homeagain
A RADICAL REMINDER OF WHAT IS A STAKE....(deflection is NOT going to get rid of the sentence hanging over Trump's head)

www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...ocuments-dearie-fbi/

‘National security questions’

The center of any criminal case would most likely be the classified documents found by the FBI, some of which contained extremely sensitive government secrets, including about a foreign country’s nuclear capabilities. On Friday, The Post reported that some of the seized documents contained highly restricted information about Iran’s missile systems and about intelligence work aimed at China.

26 Oct 2022 12:08 #54 by Rick
Please pick one at a time Koobookie, I don’t have time to go into detail about multiple issues… farm loans ,student loans, higher education, etc…

Pick one please and let’s go into detail from both perspectives.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Jun 2023 20:01 #55 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: A RADICAL REMINDER OF WHAT IS A STAKE....(deflection is NOT going to get rid of the sentence hanging over Trump's head)

www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...ocuments-dearie-fbi/

‘National security questions’

The center of any criminal case would most likely be the classified documents found by the FBI, some of which contained extremely sensitive government secrets, including about a foreign country’s nuclear capabilities. On Friday, The Post reported that some of the seized documents contained highly restricted information about Iran’s missile systems and about intelligence work aimed at China.

JUST THE BEGINNING......UNIVERSAL LAW IS WORKING IT'S WAY THRU TRUMP'S WORLD, the art of the deal is.......the magic of bullshit has an end point,.......bullshit gets busted,sooner or later. We will be witnessing MANY busts in the next coming months.....TRUMP'S charmed life is about to land in the toilet.

09 Jun 2023 00:49 #56 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: A RADICAL REMINDER OF WHAT IS A STAKE....(deflection is NOT going to get rid of the sentence hanging over Trump's head)

[/b]

I guess you have found your life time hobby horse.

09 Jun 2023 07:27 #57 by homeagain
ACTUALLY, horses have recently become prominent in my life...HOWEVER,rock scapeing and gardening
r my "zen" zone.:gardening:...patience has NEVER been my long suite,this p.o.s. process to deliver justice
is coming....but not near fast enough...Q1 or 2 of 2024 ALL will be laid bare, the balance of justice will be
working well. Til then, I am "chill" and quite clear on who's luck has left the room.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds