POOF......POTUS "can think about it" and presto like magic,it's done

04 Oct 2022 15:38 #41 by Rick

koobookie wrote: I'm glad you agree that Hillary Clinton campaign did not start the birther stories about Obama.

No, she paid for the fake dossier that was key to the phony Russia collusion hoax, and got away with it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2022 07:00 #42 by koobookie

Rick wrote: No, she paid for the fake dossier that was key to the phony Russia collusion hoax, and got away with it.

Got away with what? Tell me what crime it is to do opposition research. Oh, by the way, it was started by Republicans opposed to Trump, then taken over by Democrats. Honestly, the way you throw around the lies of Trump as if they are truth is getting.tiresome.

The research was actually initiated in 2015 by “a wealthy Republican donor who strongly opposed Mr. Trump,” according to the New York Times, but when that source of funding dried up the San Francisco law firm Perkins Coie brokered a deal to keep it going on behalf of the Democrats. The Post reported:

www.snopes.com/news/2017/10/25/dnc-clint...ssia-steele-dossier/

I know you don't like to read links, but the information is there.

and Rick - the "collusion hoax" wasn't a hoax. It was shown, in the Mueller report, that there were numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign. Just scroll on down the thread for the links to that information.

06 Oct 2022 18:35 #43 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: No, she paid for the fake dossier that was key to the phony Russia collusion hoax, and got away with it.

Got away with what? Tell me what crime it is to do opposition research. Oh, by the way, it was started by Republicans opposed to Trump, then taken over by Democrats. Honestly, the way you throw around the lies of Trump as if they are truth is getting.tiresome.

The research was actually initiated in 2015 by “a wealthy Republican donor who strongly opposed Mr. Trump,” according to the New York Times, but when that source of funding dried up the San Francisco law firm Perkins Coie brokered a deal to keep it going on behalf of the Democrats. The Post reported:

www.snopes.com/news/2017/10/25/dnc-clint...ssia-steele-dossier/

I know you don't like to read links, but the information is there.

and Rick - the "collusion hoax" wasn't a hoax. It was shown, in the Mueller report, that there were numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign. Just scroll on down the thread for the links to that information.

Koobookie, when one of the primary bits of “evidence” to investigate a president is based on the bullshit his opponent paid for, then yes, it’s a hoax. When the FBI lies to a FISA court and even alters evidence, then it’s no longer an investigation based on our rules of law, it’s fraudulent and there should have been jail time for the offenders. I know you don’t want to talk about the malfeasance and lied, but it’s the truth.

And yes, I realize the Trump hating Republicans started the bullshit dossier, but Clinton and the FBI both knew it was hot garbage and used it anyway. There’s no shortage of worthless “moderate” Republicans like the pedo Lincoln Project losers… I consider them worse than the Democrats.

Bottom line is that this kind of nonsense is a bigger threat to “democracy “ than 100k worth of Russia Facebook ads that made zero difference. A corrupt government that uses the top law enforcement to attack political rivals is banana republic territory and you better hope the country doesn’t devolve further, because it won’t end well for any of us.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Oct 2022 06:57 #44 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: thehill.com/homenews/administration/3655...y-thinking-about-it/

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”

“There can be a process, but there doesn’t have to be. You’re the president. You make that decision. So when you send it, it’s declassified,” Trump added. “I declassified everything.”

Though presidents have broad power to declassify records, doing so sets off a chain of events, as the intelligence agencies that manage such records must take additional steps.

KEEPING WITH THE ORIGINAL THOUGHT......how do explain this,anyone? OH AND NOW WE HAVE DISCOVERED THERE R MORE BEING HELD BACK,,,LIKE A DOZEN OR SO FOLDERS.. I told u he would drag this thru the dirt to prolong the inevitable. HERE is your brilliant bull shit buddy FINALLY REALIZING THE POOL OF SHIT IS GETTING DEEPER AND HE HAS NO LADDER. Q4 2023 or Q 1 -24
UP TO THE NECK IN EXCREMENT.

24 Oct 2022 22:37 #45 by FredHayek
Poof! President Biden transfered 500 billion dollars of college debt from those with college degrees and gave it instead to their children and grandchildren!

Instead a sum this large needed to be voted on by the legislative branch. Luckily it looks like courts are deciding that Biden doesn't have this power after all.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2022 08:20 #46 by koobookie
How about this, Fred? Is this fair?

USDA announces $1 billion debt relief for 36,000 farmers

The federal government has announced a program to provide $1.3 billion in debt relief for about 36,000 farmers who have fallen behind on loan payments or face foreclosure

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/usda-announc...000-farmers-91701458

25 Oct 2022 08:33 - 25 Oct 2022 08:34 #47 by Rick
Wouldn't that depend on whether or not the government was largely responsible for the pain those farmers are feeling? Much different than student loan debt where there's no distinction between people who can afford to pay off the debts they volunarily accumulated and those who can not. Just like all the Covid money that was given to people whether they needed it or not. You have to stop assuming the government has any clue how to distribute our tax dollars in any kind of fair or logical way.... it can't and hasn't for a very long time, that's why we are a broke country.

George Orwell

25 Oct 2022 08:45 #48 by koobookie
So it's okay to bail out farmers, who voluntarily took on loans, but not okay to bail out students, who voluntarily took on loans. Understood.

25 Oct 2022 09:07 - 25 Oct 2022 09:10 #49 by Rick

koobookie wrote: So it's okay to bail out farmers, who voluntarily took on loans, but not okay to bail out students, who voluntarily took on loans. Understood.

You either missed my first sentence or completely ignored it. Farmers are hurting because of government energy policies and government climate policies. You have no idea how many people can afford to pay their student loans yet they will be getting them paid by taxpayers. Farmers all also essential to our existence where as a lawyer with a stack of debt is not and can pay his own damn debt. I'm sure you're well aware as to why Biden is doing this before an election that he knows will be bad for his party. Common sense is valuable in this situatiuon.

George Orwell

25 Oct 2022 09:26 #50 by koobookie
and student loans are hurting people because of predatory lending practices.

One is okay, the other is not. Got it.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds