ELON MUSK - TWITTER

03 Nov 2022 17:30 #31 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Using that basis, Fred, one who should vote for Joe O'Dea rather than Bennet. He is a weak Republican willing to do whatever need to be done to get elected. To wit, He states that he would have voted to codify Roe v. Wade had he been in the Senate. Also he states that he will actively campaign against President Trump.
I certify him as a "weak' Republican. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2022 19:01 #32 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
I agree with you ramage. What good is a Republican that helps to pass Democrat agendas that the majority of Republican voters completely reject?

There’s a lot a principled conservatives that are very competitive in hard left states right now… I can’t think of one who is a moderate. You can’t stop this leftist freight train that’s wrecking our country with people who are afraid of leftist media hit pieces. You stop them by giving the people a candidate that wants nothing to do with weak crime policies, insane economics, and woke bullshit.

Biden won NY by 23 points and it looks like Lee Zeldin (sp) has a great chance of becoming governor. Biden is campaigning in states that Dems haven’t worried about for decades because leftist policies are failing the people. Republican voters want strong fighters and not low-T weaklings who want to be liked by both sides. Yeah, just my opinion.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 19:36 #33 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: I think there’s more moderate Republican sourced than there are moderate Democrat sources . To me that means that the Republicans have a lot more weak and useless people compared to Democrats who have a much stronger alliance within their party.

I'm curious as to why you think that.

First of all, I think of moderate news sources much differently than I do moderate Republican politicians. While there are no truly unbiased neutral sources (prominent sources with substantial viewership), there are some that allow true opposing voices on the right, and that’s a GOOD thing. Like it or not, FOX News is one of those sources. They have hardcore left wing paid contributors that debate right wing contributors and hosts all the time. The WSJ has left wing voices.

I watch and read a lot of left wing sources when there are big events so I can learn the talking points they all mimic. I can’t think of a source that regularly allows hardcore conservatives to debate with the hosts or liberal contributors or liberal papers that allow real conservatives to write columns on a regular basis.

There’s a good chance I’m wrong, so please tell me where I should look for left leaning sources that allow real conservatives to speak to liberal consumers.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Nov 2022 07:53 #34 by ramage
Today, Friday, is the day that Elon Musk will announce the cuts in employment at Twitter.
Employees have filed a class action suit to the effect that he can't fire them.
This is rich: first, the company fought tooth and nail to reject Musk's bid. Second the company then sued to force him to buy Twitter. Now that he has purchased Twitter, they don't want to be let go and are suing him.
Twitter sued over Elon Musk’s layoff plan as thousands of workers locked out of building, email

nypost.com/2022/11/04/twitter-sued-over-...an-for-mass-layoffs/

04 Nov 2022 08:23 #35 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
ttps://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/twitter-employees-file-lawsuit-claiming-mass-layoffs-violate-federal-law-requiring-notice

GOOD ON THEM.......,not only is it illegal, it puts into question Musk's integrity,as an efficient CEO.

04 Nov 2022 09:19 #36 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

homeagain wrote: ttps://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/twitter-employees-file-lawsuit-claiming-mass-layoffs-violate-federal-law-requiring-notice

GOOD ON THEM.......,not only is it illegal, it puts into question Musk's integrity,as an efficient CEO.

Interesting. You would think those who were terminated will get generous severance packages. And Elon Musk can point out that tech companies around the world have started laying off. Amazon put a freeze on hiring yesterday. The US has been in a recession lately.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Nov 2022 09:51 - 04 Nov 2022 09:55 #37 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
It seeks an order requiring the social media platform to obey the WARN Act — the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, a federal law requiring companies with 100 or more workers to give 60 days’ notice of mass layoffs or other work disruptions.

NO, I don't expect generous severance pkg (like management received)...I DO EXPECT a large,successful corp to treat their employees with a little bit of human respect.....60 days is the law. (WTH it's right before the holidays)

I have worked within a corp before ,remember?.......u r a warm body to them, that's it.

04 Nov 2022 10:07 #38 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

ramage wrote: Using that basis, Fred, one who should vote for Joe O'Dea rather than Bennet. He is a weak Republican willing to do whatever need to be done to get elected. To wit, He states that he would have voted to codify Roe v. Wade had he been in the Senate. Also he states that he will actively campaign against President Trump.
I certify him as a "weak' Republican. What do you think?

:fwave: You must not be seeing the same Bennet ads I am seeing. They describe O'Dea as a dangerous right winger who would ban abortion himself nationally!

You might think you have a handle on what O'Dea is but nobody really knows. He doesn't have a voting record to investigate.
But go ahead and vote for the Libertarian alternative and feel good about yourself since Joe didn't pass your sniff test.

Too funny, you think you can judge how a politician will be in office by ads and campaign speeches. :electionday

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Nov 2022 11:21 #39 by Rick
Nobody said we we wouldn’t vote for him, just that he’s weak. He’s a weak Republican because he helped Democrats by saying he would campaign against Trump… that’s Biden level stupidity.

I’ll vote for a head of cabbage before I vote for any Democrat, unless a Democrat has the honesty to admit the damage being done by Democrats and is willing to stop the madness. That Democrat does not exist and I’ll never toss my vote to an independent that has no chance.

George Orwell

04 Nov 2022 11:51 #40 by ramage
No I have not seen any Bennet ads, because I do not watch television (except for the Avalanche). I have met Michael Bennet, at his home, I have not had any opportunity to meet with Joe O'Dea and therefore I judge him on the basis of what he says. "Too funny, you think you can judge how a politician will be in office by ads and campaign speeches." What other criteria are available?
Again, he has stated that he would have voted to codify Roe v. Wade, if he had been in the Senate and also stated that he would actively work against Donald Trump. Note he did not say who he would support, just that he is anti-Trump.
That being said I will not vote for Bennet as he espouses the same positions.

O'Dea chose to run away from the conservative Republican base, he made the wrong choice. It was the choice of a political neophyte. He volunteered his positions to the public they were not solicited.
The argument that his presence in the Senate will tip the balance no longer holds as Trump endorsed candidates are doing very well in Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, etc. and will result in a Republican majority in the Senate.
My prediction: Bennet will win by 6-8 points.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds