ELON MUSK - TWITTER

08 Nov 2022 16:08 #61 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

FredHayek wrote: Social media platform employees tend to be as biased as university professors. Is it a situation where they cull out right wing employees?

Maybe, like university professors, social media platform employees tend to be intelligent enough to know that right wing policies are not good for our country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2022 16:25 #62 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

koobookie wrote:
Maybe, like university professors, social media platform employees tend to be intelligent enough to know that right wing policies are not good for our country.

It’s funny how university professors are assumed to be so smart, just because they may know a lot about whatever field they’ve studied. How is it that someone who is an expert in a field or two somehow is knowledgeable about every other field and somehow has more common sense than those who don’t have a masters or doctorate in anything?

Some of the smartest people in the world never attended college, yet they are still brilliant.

What field of study makes a person overall intelligent ? How many different scientific fields are there? Does an oncologist know anything about climate or metallurgy?

Do some reading about Albert Einstein sometime and tell me how he became so brilliant.

As for right wing policies, the people are deciding right now how much they want right wing policies back. Are only the unintelligent people voting for Republicans?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Nov 2022 16:34 #63 by koobookie
Funny how all the technology you are using to post your positions was created by people who mostly went to university in computer science. You know, experts.

It is my opinion that those who vote Republican are voting against their own best interests, especially women.

08 Nov 2022 16:53 #64 by Rick
So you’re telling me that the guy that invented this IPhone I’m using right now was smart because of what someone taught him in college? I believe Steve Jobs dropped out of community college after one semester if I recall correctly.

Let’s say he did learn everything in college.., did that mean he had an intelligent grasp on mechanical engineering, history, physics, medicine, philosophy, etc?

You can be intelligent in a few fields but that doesn’t mean you know how I change a tire or fix a leak or in a copper pipe, or any of a million other things not studied. Intelligence is dependent on the situation one finds himself in, does it not?

As for voting against self interests, maybe people are voting so they can afford to heat their homes or feed their children.

Too many of you think that all women should be put the right to kill babies over their real self interests of survival and making sure their kids have a prosperous future. You’re about to find out how right I am.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Nov 2022 18:03 #65 by koobookie
Wow. Anecdotal evidence. You do understand that the majority of advances in human technology, as well as law, medicine, etc., were made by people with multiple degrees. Do you really think that you would undergo a surgeons knife with someone that learned surgery in their garage.

What happened to you, Rick? Why are you so angry towards people that have education and intelligence?

08 Nov 2022 18:20 #66 by Rick
What happened to me? I have a degree in finance with a minor in economics. Does Han mean I’m intelligent merely because I understand finance and economics? I can repair lots of things from cars to appliances and I can build a house from the ground up including the plumber ng and much of the electrical to code. I dent learn any of that in college and I’m confident that the average doctor never had time yto learn the skills I have.

George Orwell

08 Nov 2022 22:21 #67 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

koobookie wrote: [

Yes, if only he had grabbed them by the p*ssy instead, then he would be acceptable. Or if only 26 women had accused Brandon of rape and sexual molestation. Then he would be acceptable. Now I understand.

And all that makes Biden OK? Deflect much?

08 Nov 2022 22:34 #68 by Rick
Here’s a question for you Koobookie…

Do you think I would be less intelligent without my college education? Even with all the other courses like math and statistics?

Anyone else is welcome to answer that question as well. And K.., if you can’t say anything nice, that’s ok too.

George Orwell

09 Nov 2022 07:40 #69 by koobookie
I think a university education expands a persons mind, intellectually, politically, religiously. There's a reason that university professors tend to be more liberal - they can see a bigger picture. Development of the mind continues with an advanced degree, whereas those who don't continue after high school tend to stop the investigation and expansion of their minds. Most who don't attend university don't even pick up a book after high school.

Here's some food for thought - I haven't read this study, but the brief is interesting.

Why is the professoriate predominantly liberal? A. Because “There is an intrinsic link between liberalism and intelligence such that the more liberal views of those with advanced degrees reflect liberals’ greater academic potential.” [The liberals-are-smarter theory] B. “Because cognitive development occurs with additional years of schooling, leading the intelligentsia to find fault with what they see as simplistic conservative ideologies.” [The more-learning-makes-profs-liberal theory]

www.nas.org/blogs/article/why_are_most_c..._studies_investigate

A different study:

To explain the discrepancy, Snider wrote that college professors, particularly scientists, tend to self-select affiliation with the Democratic Party because their profession necessitates beliefs that align with it.

A 2013 Pew Research survey found that 43% of Republicans believe in evolution, which Snider notes is the "central organizing principle of modern biology." Of the 17 Republican politicians who sought the party's presidential nomination this year, only Jeb Bush suggested that he accepts the science. And, as Snider notes, "several of the candidates were on record stating that they did not accept evolutionary theory."

www.businessinsider.com/why-are-so-many-...emocrats-2016-8?op=1

Do you really think that higher education has an underlying agenda to "poison" the youth of our country?

I'm just trying to understand why you seem to be so against intelligent people and experts. It's right there in your byline at the end of each post.

09 Nov 2022 07:55 #70 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Social media platform employees tend to be as biased as university professors. Is it a situation where they cull out right wing employees?

Or they are gatekeepers. You especially find this on college campuses. They claim to want diversity, but not in politics of the people they hire.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds