ELON MUSK - TWITTER

21 Dec 2022 06:43 - 21 Dec 2022 06:55 #101 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
www.bbc.com/news/business-64037261

Elon Musk has said he will resign as Twitter's chief executive officer when he finds someone "foolish enough to take the job".

The billionaire had promised to abide by the result of a Twitter poll which saw 57.5% of users vote "yes" to him quitting the role.

He says he will still run the software and servers teams after his replacement is found.

Changes on the platform since his takeover have been much criticised.

MERCURY RETRO activates/reactivates "events" each time it goes from direct to retro,u r witnessing that
cycle as this plays out for Twitter. I was waiting for this timeframe to bring forth THAT point...as i KNEW
at the onset the deal was DOOMED

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2022 06:59 #102 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
I can’t wait to see who he puts in charge if he does step down. It would have to be someone completely unacceptable to the left, someone who would make their collective heads explode. Any Trump should do it…

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Dec 2022 08:43 #103 by driver8
Replied by driver8 on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

Rick wrote: I can’t wait to see who he puts in charge if he does step down. It would have to be someone completely unacceptable to the left, someone who would make their collective heads explode. Any Trump should do it…

And you wonder why you get NO engagement from the 'left' on here. This place is ripe with maga/Q ignorance and hate. You reap what you sow, little man.

21 Dec 2022 09:31 #104 by homeagain
well now....Sheryl Sandberg is on the list........

21 Dec 2022 13:54 #105 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

driver8 wrote:

Rick wrote: I can’t wait to see who he puts in charge if he does step down. It would have to be someone completely unacceptable to the left, someone who would make their collective heads explode. Any Trump should do it…

And you wonder why you get NO engagement from the 'left' on here. This place is ripe with maga/Q ignorance and hate. You reap what you sow, little man.

Twitter was run badly by Leftists and never made a profit. The majority of Twitter employees have left and the app is still working well so maybe they weren't essential employees.

Maybe Condoleeza Rice would be a good choice to run Twitter. Not seen as overtly partisan.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Dec 2022 18:44 #106 by Rick

driver8 wrote:

Interesting comment, but I do get engagement from the left… HA and I go back and forth daily. You just drop in occasionally to lob an insult and then run away, like you just did. Do you feel better now? I hope so, and I also hope you have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Dec 2022 12:21 #107 by FredHayek
Tesla stock has been tumbling downwards recently. A number of factors, other manufacturers are getting up to speed on how to make a quality EV, plus I believe Tesla has been overvalued for a decade. Finally as the market continues to collapse, Tesla's value starts to reflect actual profits.

23 Dec 2022 07:23 #108 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

driver8 wrote:

Interesting comment, but I do get engagement from the left… HA and I go back and forth daily. You just drop in occasionally to lob an insult and then run away, like you just did. Do you feel better now? I hope so, and I also hope you have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!

LET ME CLARIFY......I am extremely exhausted (and sad) that the moderates,middle of the road readers of this site WILL NOT PARTICIPATE. Wayne was here for a short while,(gone way to soon)....I believe it is
imperative to implement a dialogue,discussion,debate that is cohesive and somewhat civil......the country is NOT going to repair itself,it is up to each individual to make the effort to UNDERSTAND or ,at least an
attempt to understand what is at stake. THE FOURTH TURNING WILL HAPPEN, u can be a constructive part of that event OR u can sit back and watch the ensuing fubar....APATHY is not a word that is going to "cut it"....APATHY always leads to disaster and disarray . JMO

23 Dec 2022 11:10 #109 by FredHayek
Sometimes apathy happens because Americans don't think they have any power. One vote doesn't mean a lot when 160 million Americans are voting.
But sometimes apathy is because Americans are fine with their lot in life. Getting three squares a day, clean air and water. A place to call their own. And they don't see a big difference between the parties. Both sides hammered out a continuing resolution that no one ever actually reads. The skids are greased for another nine months.

24 Dec 2022 07:22 #110 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

driver8 wrote:

LET ME CLARIFY......I am extremely exhausted (and sad) that the moderates,middle of the road readers of this site WILL NOT PARTICIPATE. Wayne was here for a short while,(gone way to soon)....I believe it is
imperative to implement a dialogue,discussion,debate that is cohesive and somewhat civil......the country is NOT going to repair itself,it is up to each individual to make the effort to UNDERSTAND

I’ve been reading Wayne’s posts for many years HA and he’s no “moderate”, unless you have another definition of the word. Today’s moderates, in my opinion, are people who are willing to bend their principles and beliefs in order to appease those who have opposing principles and beliefs. Moderation is great when it comes to eating, drinking booze, or doing anything that could cause potential harm to one’s self, but what kind of person moderates their principles?

I called you out when you said you would vote for Nikki Haley for president because she would work to undo all that you’ve been voting for since Obama was elected.

If you responded to that I must have missed it. Would you really vote for a person because you like the way they look or the way they talk and conduct themselves but not worry about what they stand for? If so, that would not make you a moderate, that would make you the kind of uninformed and disengaged voter that should not be voting, imo.

Moderates in government are mostly spineless and think that by helping the other side accomplish their goals, they will in turn get more support from voters on both sides for being more balanced.

The right and the left are as different as oil s and water at this point… anyone in between either doesn’t have any solid principles of they are just not very informed.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds