ELON MUSK - TWITTER

04 Nov 2022 15:07 #41 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
All politics are local.

Interesting development in the Bennet-O'Dea race, a government employee was accused of electioneering in their job, supporting Bennet and asking for donations to his campaign. Wonder if local media will cover this very timely story.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Nov 2022 16:24 #42 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Fred,
I am unable to find any information regarding the electioneering, doing an internet search.. Where did you come across this?

04 Nov 2022 16:35 #43 by ramage
Now. back to Elon Musk - Twitter.
Musk has terminated a large number of employees but is going to pay them through Jan/Feb. So much for the class action lawsuit.
He deactivated any access to Twitter by these people. His concern, sabotage,
From the Daily Mail:
Those who have been laid off have been notified that, depending on their position, they will continue to be employed by the social media giant until either January or February next year. However, their last day of work will be November 4, and they are not expected to work, and all access will be deactivated.
During this time, you will be on a Non-Working Notice period and your access to Twitter systems will be deactivated.
While you are not expected to work during the None-Working Notice period, you are still required to comply with all company policies, including the Employee Playbook and Code of Conduct.

One wonders what is in the Employee Playbook and Code of Conduct?

04 Nov 2022 21:30 #44 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

ramage wrote: Fred,
I am unable to find any information regarding the electioneering, doing an internet search.. Where did you come across this?

I can't now find the story. I will keep looking.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2022 17:36 #45 by ramage
Only Slo Joe could make this statement:

By acquiring Twitter last month, Elon Musk took charge of a social media platform that “spews lies all across the world,” US President Joe Biden said on Friday.

06 Nov 2022 07:43 #46 by ramage
Only Elom Musk can outdo Elon Musk
Attachments:

06 Nov 2022 08:38 #47 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

ramage wrote: Only Elom Musk can outdo Elon Musk

LOL!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Nov 2022 10:00 #48 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
MUSK'S musings r creative,I would have to agree.....them indicates multiples...but then, the mind of a
genius (.IQ 155) is always viewing things from a different trajectory....IT WAS HUMOROUS

06 Nov 2022 11:45 - 06 Nov 2022 12:45 #49 by ramage
Here is a Tweet from a Twitter User:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation

Shibetoshi Nakamoto

@BillyM2k
·
Nov 4
i’ll just be straight up - i don’t think the $8 for verification feature is a good idea, based on what i am hearing about its implementation. i don’t think it solves any problem it is trying to solve.

too many big changes too quickly can terminally destroy a platform, see digg.

Shibetoshi Nakamoto

@BillyM2k
·
Nov 4
while i do think there is a place for paid users for this app, i don’t think the verification badge is the right place to start to give value to users and encourage advertising.

i think free speech is a noble cause but in practice, safety is a bigger concern for the platform.

Shibetoshi Nakamoto

@BillyM2k
·
Nov 4
i’m not saying a badge showing you are a paid subscriber is a bad idea, i am saying that conflating verification with being a paid subscriber is unwise

if implemented, it should be a different badge than the verification checkmark, and it should be optional to show, IMO

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
·
23h
Replying to
@BillyM2k
Far too many legacy “verified” checkmarks were handed out, often arbitrarily, so in reality they are *not* verified. You can buy as many as you want right now with a Google search.

Piggybacking off payment system plus Apple/Android is a much better way to ensure verification.

Chairman
@WSBChairman
Replying to
@elonmusk
and
@BillyM2k
Twitter employees were selling verification for upwards of $15,000. For certain accounts, mine included, they would refuse to verify you through the standard application and then privately offer to verify you for $$ behind the scenes.

Investigation needed.

Elon Musk's reply:: Yup

Earlier he had tweeted:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation

Shibetoshi Nakamoto

@BillyM2k
·
Nov 4
i’ll just be straight up - i don’t think the $8 for verification feature is a good idea, based on what i am hearing about its implementation. i don’t think it solves any problem it is trying to solve.

too many big changes too quickly can terminally destroy a platform, see digg.

Shibetoshi Nakamoto

@BillyM2k
·
Nov 4
while i do think there is a place for paid users for this app, i don’t think the verification badge is the right place to start to give value to users and encourage advertising.

i think free speech is a noble cause but in practice, safety is a bigger concern for the platform.

Shibetoshi Nakamoto

@BillyM2k
·
Nov 4
i’m not saying a badge showing you are a paid subscriber is a bad idea, i am saying that conflating verification with being a paid subscriber is unwise

if implemented, it should be a different badge than the verification checkmark, and it should be optional to show, IMO

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
Replying to
@BillyM2k
Far too many legacy “verified” checkmarks were handed out, often arbitrarily, so in reality they are *not* verified. You can buy as many as you want right now with a Google search.

Piggybacking off payment system plus Apple/Android is a much better way to ensure verification.
12:56 PM · Nov 5, 2022
·Twitter for iPhone

The man knows what he purchased.

06 Nov 2022 12:46 #50 by ramage
Sorry about the lengthy Twitter post, read it if you like but here is what I wanted to highlight.

Chairman
@WSBChairman
Replying to
@elonmusk
and
@BillyM2k
Twitter employees were selling verification for upwards of $15,000. For certain accounts, mine included, they would refuse to verify you through the standard application and then privately offer to verify you for $$ behind the scenes.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds