ELON MUSK - TWITTER

03 Nov 2022 07:19 #21 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

FredHayek wrote: I read the Denver Post and Wall Street Journal every morning, I read three weekly rural papers including the Fairplay Flume. Have over one hundred news media accounts I follow on Twitter and other formats. Both far left and far right in addition to more moderate sources. Read global, national, and local sources. I am a news junkie. That is why I find it so sad that you only follow a tiny group of sources, and ones that are objectively partisan.
And I prefer reading articles to watching TV news. So much more detailed than a five minute stand up.

And what would those MORE MODERATE BE???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2022 08:41 - 03 Nov 2022 08:43 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

homeagain wrote: And what would those MORE MODERATE BE???

Excellent question!!

In the context of today’s political climate, it would also be helpful to learn what “moderate” actually means. To me it means one can bend on their principles in order to appease the side that will not bend for you.

I think there’s more moderate Republican sourced than there are moderate Democrat sources . To me that means that the Republicans have a lot more weak and useless people compared to Democrats who have a much stronger alliance within their party.

Moderate Republicans are the reason why the Democrats have taken over EVERY cultural institution. [\b]

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 09:03 #23 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: I read the Denver Post and Wall Street Journal every morning, I read three weekly rural papers including the Fairplay Flume. Have over one hundred news media accounts I follow on Twitter and other formats. Both far left and far right in addition to more moderate sources. Read global, national, and local sources. I am a news junkie. That is why I find it so sad that you only follow a tiny group of sources, and ones that are objectively partisan.
And I prefer reading articles to watching TV news. So much more detailed than a five minute stand up.

And what would those MORE MODERATE BE???

The Wall Street Journal are moderates, the reporters tend to be liberal, but the editorials tend to be moderate conservative but occasionally are very pro-business and against regulation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Nov 2022 09:08 #24 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

Rick wrote: I think there’s more moderate Republican sourced than there are moderate Democrat sources . To me that means that the Republicans have a lot more weak and useless people compared to Democrats who have a much stronger alliance within their party.

I'm curious as to why you think that.

03 Nov 2022 09:14 #25 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: I think there’s more moderate Republican sourced than there are moderate Democrat sources . To me that means that the Republicans have a lot more weak and useless people compared to Democrats who have a much stronger alliance within their party.

I'm curious as to why you think that.

Voting patterns show that most Democrat and Republican politicians vote with the party over 90% of the time. Those Whips do a good job keeping even the loud mouths like AOC and MTG in line.

03 Nov 2022 09:25 #26 by koobookie
I would like to know why Rick thinks there are more moderate Republican sources than there are moderate Democratic sources.

03 Nov 2022 10:30 #27 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

koobookie wrote: I would like to know why Rick thinks there are more moderate Republican sources than there are moderate Democratic sources.

Because there are a lot more weak Republicans than there are weak Democrats. As much as I think leftist ideology is insane and dangerous, your people are much better fighters and, like I said, they’ve been able to take over EVERY cultural institution. Republicans have a bad habit of thinking moderation moves the ideological football, it doesn’t and never will.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 10:33 #28 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: I would like to know why Rick thinks there are more moderate Republican sources than there are moderate Democratic sources.

Because there are a lot more weak Republicans than there are weak Democrats. As much as I think leftist ideology is insane and dangerous, your people are much better fighters and, like I said, they’ve been able to take over EVERY cultural institution. Republicans have a bad habit of thinking moderation moves the ideological football, it doesn’t and never will.

Wow. I have the exact opposite belief. I think Dem politicians are weak and compromise way too much. They appear to me to let the Reps, especially McConnell, dictate the outcome (death) of too much legislation.

I have yet to see much Republican moderation in legislation. It's either Republican way or nothing. Their whole manner of leadership is to block anything from the Dems.

03 Nov 2022 11:19 - 03 Nov 2022 11:29 #29 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

Rick wrote:

[/b]

I. am sorry THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE....Trump is not moderate,nor did he lead a moderate adm. JMO
It seems we (collectively) live in a parallel universe......a reverse mirror image.

What other sources do u or fred consider moderate ?

03 Nov 2022 14:20 #30 by FredHayek
Maybe you are too far to the right or too far to the Left when you think the majority of your parties politicians are weak.

Remember, to be effective, you have to get reelected so what works in Texas for a Republican might not work in New York State. Just like a Democrat in Kansas probably has to be more "weak" than one in San Francisco.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds