ELON MUSK - TWITTER

01 Nov 2022 13:52 #11 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
I've been to Breitbart. It is a poor excuse for an information source, and I won't visit again. I'm sorry that you can't see that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2022 14:53 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

koobookie wrote: I've been to Breitbart. It is a poor excuse for an information source, and I won't visit again. I'm sorry that you can't see that.

How would you know if Breitbart or any other non-leftist source is in accurate if you’ve only been there once? Are you relying on its leftist competitors to tell you its full of lies?

I’ll bet Breitbarts stories about the Russia hoax and Jan 6th were more accurate than most of the sources you trust. Another one you probably hate is Tucker Carlson and I’d guess he’s way more accurate than his competitors on the left.

Pick any talking head and any digital source you trust the most and let’s see who was more accurate on any major event. Could be fun!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Nov 2022 14:59 #13 by koobookie
I've been there a few times, Rick, and it's mostly garbage designed to enrage conservatives. It's full of a bunch of lies and half truths, but that's why you go there, isn't it? For validation of your preconceived viewpoints?

The "Russian hoax" was actually a big deal - but you probably wouldn't know that, since you have never read the Mueller Report. Same with the J6 attack on the capitol.

Once again, I will ask you, Rick what are your "trusted sources?" Please don't weasel out on that question. Again.

01 Nov 2022 15:11 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
How about the ACLU attacking Biden's bureaucrats for going after social media platforms and giving them a list of how to be partisan? Like when Twitter locked down the Hunter Biden laptop story right before the presidential election in 2020.
Oh wait, I forgot, you support censorship, especially when it comes from right wing media sources so you think the ACLU needs to go away.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Nov 2022 15:42 #15 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I've been to Breitbart. It is a poor excuse for an information source, and I won't visit again. I'm sorry that you can't see that.

:witchcauldr
To summarize: I have only been to Breitbart a couple of times but because they are right wing, they must automatically be judged as liars and fascists!

What is that quote about parachutes and minds?

01 Nov 2022 15:59 #16 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: To summarize: I have only been to Breitbart a couple of times but because they are right wing, they must automatically be judged as liars and fascists!

What is that quote about parachutes and minds?

Actually, Fred, it's more like "I've been to breitbart a couple times and found them to be untruthful, so I don't need to go back." Am I supposed to read breibart every day to satisfy you?

What's that quote about "garbage in, garbage out?"

Tell me what sources you use, Fred. How do you determine the truth?

01 Nov 2022 16:41 #17 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/el...email&utm_term=tny_d

At a TED conference earlier this year, the technology journalist and publisher Chris Anderson recalled how Musk had told him, shortly before launching his takeover bid, “I do not want to own Twitter—it’s a recipe for misery, everyone will blame me for everything.” For some reason, Musk changed his mind. Now that he has owned Twitter for a few days, it wouldn’t be surprising if he is already having some second thoughts. ♦

Let us see what Musk manages to do with this Albatross.......waiting with great interest.

01 Nov 2022 19:22 #18 by FredHayek
I read the Denver Post and Wall Street Journal every morning, I read three weekly rural papers including the Fairplay Flume. Have over one hundred news media accounts I follow on Twitter and other formats. Both far left and far right in addition to more moderate sources. Read global, national, and local sources. I am a news junkie. That is why I find it so sad that you only follow a tiny group of sources, and ones that are objectively partisan.
And I prefer reading articles to watching TV news. So much more detailed than a five minute stand up.

02 Nov 2022 09:35 #19 by koobookie
That's great, Fred. I applaud the breadth of your news sources. I read mostly AP News, BBC, and NPR. I sometimes go to CNN, just because they are fast with the latest breaking stories, but they aren't really in depth like the others.

02 Nov 2022 19:00 #20 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Elon Musk is saving this for Friday.
According to Bloomberg, the world's richest man will eliminate 3,700 jobs at Twitter - roughly half of the company’s entire workforce - in a bid to drive down costs following his $44 billion acquisition; Musk will inform affected staffers Friday, said the Bloomberg sources.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds