ELON MUSK - TWITTER

10 Nov 2022 18:54 #71 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Elon Musk does it again:
Perhaps we need to go into bankruptcy .
Here are employee comments from the Twitter feed.

"What’s the motivation? Work hard or get fired?" asked one employee.

"How do you plan to restore totally destroyed trust?" asked another.

"I am ethically not okay with making the richest person in the world even richer. Also not okay with this alpha dog mentality – it’s already trickling down."

Would not that be a kicker. No more severance pay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2022 07:11 #72 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
OH, it goes far beyond that....the verification system is very inefficient and is being voided/vandalized.

REMEMBER when I asked can one do MANY things well? I think the answer is apparent.

11 Nov 2022 08:06 #73 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Looks like verification and Twitter Blue are down right now. Working out the bugs still?

But please note, Google, Meta, and a lot of other tech companies are having big layoffs and declining ad sales. They all got too optimistic and overspent, especially paying too much for tech talent.

They are apologizing, even the previous Twitter CEO, Jack.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Nov 2022 14:13 #74 by ramage
While Musk muses about bankruptcy for Twitter. Sam Bankman-Fried, 2nd largest donor ($40 million) to the democrats, has taken FTX into bankruptcy.

12 Nov 2022 06:37 #75 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

koobookie wrote: I think a university education expands a persons mind, intellectually, politically, religiously. There's a reason that university professors tend to be more liberal - they can see a bigger picture. Development of the mind continues with an advanced degree, whereas those who don't continue after high school tend to stop the investigation and expansion of their minds. Most who don't attend university don't even pick up a book after high school.

Here's some food for thought - I haven't read this study, but the brief is interesting.

Why is the professoriate predominantly liberal? A. Because “There is an intrinsic link between liberalism and intelligence such that the more liberal views of those with advanced degrees reflect liberals’ greater academic potential.” [The liberals-are-smarter theory] B. “Because cognitive development occurs with additional years of schooling, leading the intelligentsia to find fault with what they see as simplistic conservative ideologies.” [The more-learning-makes-profs-liberal theory]

www.nas.org/blogs/article/why_are_most_c..._studies_investigate

A different study:

To explain the discrepancy, Snider wrote that college professors, particularly scientists, tend to self-select affiliation with the Democratic Party because their profession necessitates beliefs that align with it.

A 2013 Pew Research survey found that 43% of Republicans believe in evolution, which Snider notes is the "central organizing principle of modern biology." Of the 17 Republican politicians who sought the party's presidential nomination this year, only Jeb Bush suggested that he accepts the science. And, as Snider notes, "several of the candidates were on record stating that they did not accept evolutionary theory."

www.businessinsider.com/why-are-so-many-...emocrats-2016-8?op=1

Do you really think that higher education has an underlying agenda to "poison" the youth of our country?

I'm just trying to understand why you seem to be so against intelligent people and experts. It's right there in your byline at the end of each post.

I gave you plenty of time to find the right answer and it looks like you failed… sorry.

The correct answer is that intelligence is something you don’t learn from any college. What you get from college or any trade school is knowledge. Your degree of intelligence determines how well you can apply the knowledge you’ve learned[\b]. That’s why history is full of very intelligent people who never went to college… it’s just a place to gain knowledge about certain subjects but those subjects don’t make you more intelligent, just more knowledgeable about individual subjects.

Does that make sense or do disagree with my definitions of knowledgeable vs intelligent?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Nov 2022 07:16 #76 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
a level of logical thinking also comes into play....as does the ability to "see"alternative platforms or patterns.

14 Nov 2022 13:08 #77 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Attachments:

15 Nov 2022 07:54 #78 by ramage
Another example of Musk's business acumen.

"Michael Grimes from Morgan Stanley, who was acting as Musk's banker on the deal, told him that SBF was read to pony up "at least $3 billion" to help fund the buyout of Twitter, the report says. In exchange for investing, Bankman-Fried reportedly "wanted to talk about the potential for 'social media blockchain integration.'"

At the time, it prompted Musk to ask: "Does Sam actually have $3B liquid?"

Sam Bankman-Fried reaches out to Elon Musk

April 25, 2022 pic.twitter.com/f2VxnGmLLP

— Internal Tech Emails (@TechEmails) November 11, 2022
"He's into you... I do believe you will like him. Ultra genius and doer builder like your formula. Built FTX from scratch after MIT physics," Musk's banker told him about Bankman-Fried, who was reportedly "interested in helping to engineer a blockchain version of Twitter".

"Blockchain twitter isn't possible," Musk responded, adding that he would only take the meeting if he didn't have to have a "laborious blockchain debate."

Musk ultimately wound up passing on the decision to welcome Bankman-Fried as an investor."My response to SBF was...different," Musk wrote. "He set off my bs detector, which is why I did not think he had $3B," he said in another post.

My reaction to SBF was … different

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 13, 2022

15 Nov 2022 08:36 #79 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Twitter is a great resource for government to get out information to the public quickly. Whether it is news releases about crime, highway backups, or new laws being implemented.
Very nice to have one source to update instead of calling all the print, TV, and local radio stations who often don't have space to broadcast these updates.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Dec 2022 14:30 #80 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Elon Musk will be exposing the Twitter cover up of the Hunter Biden laptop story prior to the 2020 election today at 5pm eastern. Those who still don't want to know the truth should stay clear with eyes and ears fully shut. This could be pretty interesting to everybody else.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds