ELON MUSK - TWITTER

24 Dec 2022 10:10 #111 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
oday’s moderates, in my opinion, are people who are willing to bend their principles and beliefs in order to appease those who have opposing principles and beliefs. Moderation is great when it comes to eating, drinking booze, or doing anything that could cause potential harm to one’s self, but what kind of person moderates their principles?

I called you out when you said you would vote for Nikki Haley for president because she would work to undo all that you’ve been voting for since Obama was elected.

Nikki has EXTENSIVE background in GLOBAL,INTERNATIONAL INTERFACING.....The world is leery of America (past POTUS experience).....she could repair our standing on the international front. NO, I do not agree with some of her platform, HOWEVER,she knows her way around a world forum....I would give her a chance. A WOMAN with intelligence,capable of holding her own and has a grasp of political pitfalls....a far superior candidate than Palin.OR DeSantis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Dec 2022 08:05 #112 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

homeagain wrote:
Nikki has EXTENSIVE background in GLOBAL,INTERNATIONAL INTERFACING.....The world is leery of America (past POTUS experience).....she could repair our standing on the international front. NO, I do not agree with some of her platform, HOWEVER,she knows her way around a world forum....I would give her a chance. A WOMAN with intelligence,capable of holding her own and has a grasp of political pitfalls....a far superior candidate than Palin.OR DeSantis.

Ok, do you think she would be better on the world stage, but I don’t think you are considering all the policies that directly affect you and me as Americans. She’s NOT a progressive. If she was to run as a progressive she would not make it 5 min into a primary.

Therefore, she would have to undo everything you voted for when you voted for Obama and Biden….
Reversal of energy policy
Reversal economic policies
Reversal of harmful regulations
And, the reversal of every other insane left wing nonsense that hurts Americans.

Btw, I think her foreign policy views are much more in line with Trump’s than any of the Democrats you have been voting for. But again, foreign policy has a smaller impact on Americans bank accounts and standard of living that domestic policies. I’d be happy to debate you on how little her foreign policy aligns with Democrat failures (like the last two years of embarrassment and loss of respect). She’s also less likely to get us into wars like Obama and Biden did because her views are also more in line with Trump’s (who is the only president who didn’t).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Dec 2022 08:06 #113 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Ok, so you think she would be better on the world stage, but I don’t think you are considering all the policies that directly affect you and me as Americans. She’s NOT a progressive. If she was to run as a progressive she would not make it 5 min into a primary.

Therefore, she would have to undo everything you voted for when you voted for Obama and Biden….
Reversal of energy policy
Reversal economic policies
Reversal of harmful regulations
And, the reversal of every other insane left wing nonsense that hurts Americans.

Btw, I think her foreign policy views are much more in line with Trump’s than any of the Democrats you have been voting for. But again, foreign policy has a smaller impact on Americans bank accounts and standard of living that domestic policies. I’d be happy to debate you on how little her foreign policy aligns with Democrat failures (like the last two years of embarrassment and loss of respect). She’s also less likely to get us into wars like Obama and Biden did because her views are also more in line with Trump’s (who is the only president who didn’t).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Dec 2022 09:58 #114 by Rick
This may make you second guess your statement as well….

Respect for human life is who we are as Americans. It's right there in the Declaration of Independence. You can't have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without the right to life," said Haley, the former governor of South Carolina who was tapped by President Donald Trump to become the U.N. ambassador in 2017.

George Orwell

26 Dec 2022 12:01 #115 by homeagain
Just caught a portion of this on C SPAN....'PUSH THRU THE FEAR".. is just one of the many examples of
being a woman in a man's world, "get Paul a cup of coffee" (it's early in the tape). Turn up the volume of the
video (or maybe it's just my old HP DESKSET)....HERE IS Nikki,WHO BY THE WAY, IS OF EASTERN INDIAN DESCENT.speaking about her new book.....(date 10/22/2023) IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE

www.c-span.org/video/?523531-1/if-done

26 Dec 2022 16:51 #116 by Rick
FYI, conservatives like me don’t care about skin color or where one is born, we care about the policies. You keep ignoring Haley’s stances on policy, foreign and domestic. I’m assuming you care more about identity and temperament than you do about policies she would be pushing for… no?

George Orwell

27 Dec 2022 07:34 #117 by homeagain
WEIRD, I thought her adroit assessment of Ukraine,Russia, Korea,China,etc. was dead on. She nailed Putin perfectly. I believe her ability to "put on her big girl panties" and play an EQUAL GAME with the "big boys" is superior. If she sees a HUGE MISTAKE in policy ,she will NOT be submissive and silent. I am waiting for CHENY to join in the fray.....THEN I WILL LOOK AT POLITICAL PLATFORMS.

28 Dec 2022 13:26 #118 by Rick
If you’re well informed of her policy platforms DOMESTICALLY, I don’t see how you could vote for her given the last decade of your statements. Her policies are probably 90% in line with Trump’s, so does that matter to you or is her gender and ethnicity enough to satisfy you?

She would be acceptable to me for the most part because she does not have insane leftist ideas and is not being forced to bend her principles because of woke wackos. What she looks like and where she came from does absolutely nothing for me, which should be how all voters think, but it’s not.

George Orwell

29 Dec 2022 08:12 #119 by homeagain
I presented her ethnicity BECAUSE OF THE DEBACLE OF IMMIGRATION....FIX THE DAMN SYSTEM TO
ELIMINATE THE BACK LOG (EXTENSIVE) AND ALLOW THESE PEOPLE ASYLUM.....THAT IS WHAT AMERICA STANDS FOR......MY ANCESTRY COMES FROM AUSTRIA/GERMANY/ROMANIA....HITLER WIPED OUT A WHOLE GENERATION OF MY EARLIER RELATIVES,......WE ARE ALL FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.....U CAN'T "NIMBY' (CLIMATE CHANGE AND CORRUPT /CRUEL GOVERNMENT WILL NOT CEASE)

29 Dec 2022 14:23 #120 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Did Elon Musk buy Southwest Airlines and not tell anyone? (Joking!)
Tesla stock is down to a 35 P/E ratio. Time to buy? With Elon getting a bunch of new conservative fans who are happy he took Twitter back from the Left and their government masters, maybe they will buy an EV in appreciation?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds