ELON MUSK - TWITTER

31 Dec 2022 08:03 #121 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

homeagain wrote: I presented her ethnicity BECAUSE OF THE DEBACLE OF IMMIGRATION....FIX THE DAMN SYSTEM TO
ELIMINATE THE BACK LOG (EXTENSIVE) AND ALLOW THESE PEOPLE ASYLUM.....THAT IS WHAT AMERICA STANDS FOR......MY ANCESTRY COMES FROM AUSTRIA/GERMANY/ROMANIA....HITLER WIPED OUT A WHOLE GENERATION OF MY EARLIER RELATIVES,......WE ARE ALL FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.....U CAN'T "NIMBY' (CLIMATE CHANGE AND CORRUPT /CRUEL GOVERNMENT WILL NOT CEASE)

As you’ve deflected into ancestry, you still haven’t addressed her opposition to just about every policy you’ve voted for in the last 14 years.

Are you voting based on the ideology of the candidate or is it based on the candidate’s identity and personality? It’s a pretty straightforward question.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2022 08:30 #122 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
1. I wasn't deflecting, I was explaining my comment about her ethnicity.

2. OUR GOV. is so dysfunctional,it is going to take a period of time and MULTIPLE PEOPLE to create a NEW path,one person is not going to get the job done. ON A GLOBAL SCALE,making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN will take a person who is plugged in and politically astute....THAT would be Nikki.

31 Dec 2022 08:58 #123 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
So you would vote for her even though she's opposed to everything Democrats have voted for for the last 14 years?

You can't get away from the fact that her policies and ideology are very similar to Trump's and the opposite of Biden's. Yes, our government is dysfunctional and that's why Trump was elected. He exposed all the problems and then he got punished for it by the system that fears him and people like him.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Dec 2022 10:10 #124 by homeagain
Trump is/.was an autocratic,egocentric individual who only was interested in HOW CAN THIS BENEFIT ME?
HE MAY HAVE EXPOSED,but had no comprehensive and co ordinated plan to correct the course of the fubar....as I stated ,there would have to be a solid segment of individuals,with a PLAN...BIPARTIANSHIP
BASED ,TO SET THE CORRECT COURSE. (i DON'T SEE THAT SCENARIO FORMING ANYTIME SOON.)........

31 Dec 2022 15:00 #125 by homeagain
www.newyorker.com/culture/2022-in-review...0b7ab1&hashc=f9c9e43

For 2023, I predict the biggest story will be Iran and the interplay of protests, possible succession at the top, and the nuclear issue,” Haass, the Council on Foreign Relations president, told me.

“It was not all bad though,” Haass said of 2022. America’s main rivals faced internal troubles at the same time that many of the worst democracy deniers were defeated in the U.S. midterm elections. The West demonstrated resilience and a reinvigorated unity, he noted. So did protesters across continents. “From Mariupol to Managua, from Kabul to Kigali, from Taipei to Tehran, we have witnessed innumerable acts of bravery and defiance on behalf of freedom and against authoritarian aggression,” Freedom House, a nonprofit organization that monitors democracy worldwide, said last week. For all the extraordinary crises that the U.S. and other democracies will have to navigate in 2023, the thugocrats are likely to face their own challenges, too. ♦

NIKKI will be an asset and as a POTUS will weld a wise weapon......COMMUNICATION AND COMMAND

31 May 2023 06:54 #126 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
Called it. He has no clue how to run a socmed company.
Has Musk Ruined Twitter?
Mismanagement in the new Twitter regime is starting to show.
Sohrab Ahmari, The American Conservative
May 30, 2023

Following the technical debacle that was Ron DeSantis’s campaign launch on Twitter Spaces, surely even Elon Musk die-hards must admit: The Tesla boss took over the platform from censorious technocrats and has turned it into something barely usable. Robust online discourse—once thwarted by Twitter’s liberal managerial class—has now fallen victim to something else: mismanagement and gimmicky profiteering.

Ad revenue is down, with one forecaster predicting a nearly 30 percent decline for 2023, compared to last year.

A more straightforward explanation is that Musk’s Twitter simply functions badly, after his constant tweaking of the algorithm and janky monetization efforts.

The “tech” half of Musk’s technocracy is broken. It turns out that all those middle managers and administrators were doing something that made the old Twitter—politically censorious and in collusion with the FBI though it was—function relatively decently when it came to the fundamentals. There is a painful lesson here for conservatives who make an enemy of administration as such, whether in government or in the private economy.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 May 2023 18:12 #127 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
I spend a lot of time on Twitter and really don't think it has changed all that much since the Musk takeover. It has never made money. Elon claims he has it going in the right direction after laying off underutilized employees. With a big election coming up, expect more Twitter use but advertising sales might stay down because of fears of a coming recession.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jun 2023 11:26 #128 by driver8
Replied by driver8 on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER

FredHayek wrote: I spend a lot of time on Twitter and really don't think it has changed all that much since the Musk takeover. It has never made money. Elon claims he has it going in the right direction after laying off underutilized employees. With a big election coming up, expect more Twitter use but advertising sales might stay down because of fears of a coming recession.

Either 1. You are on a different twitter than I am or 2. You fully are on the same page with the things that are being posted against LGBTQ+ , Democrats, POC and women.

It's become a cesspool of hate and ignorance.

Advertisers who left Twitter have been clear why, BECAUSE it's become a cesspool of hate and ignorance. Nothing to do with recession. NOt to say the right is not doing everything they can given their attacks on corporations that support LBGTQ+ rights.

02 Jun 2023 10:39 #129 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
LOL, Twitter has always been a cesspool of ignorance and hate! There are alternatives being touted, even Twitter Jack has created one. Silos where people of like minds don't have to associate with people they disagree with. Boring!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Aug 2023 13:06 #130 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ELON MUSK - TWITTER
The weaponized Dept of Justice has struck again. They are going after Elon Musk via SpaceX. The company is accused of not hiring, i.e. discriminating against, asylum seekers.
What could go wrong? Hiring unvetted illegal aliens to work in what the U.S. calls a sensitive area.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds