adoption....an accurate account,IN A FOUR PART SERIES.

18 Nov 2022 15:34 #31 by FredHayek
You misunderstand us a lot, maybe it is you?

I support abortion rights, but I prefer abortions that are done as early as possible, whereas you refuse to give an inch. You want partial birth abortions to be legal across the US.

I am even willing to do it like France where an abortion after 15 weeks must be signed off by two doctors. Nope, not you.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2022 16:16 #32 by koobookie
You have harped many times on late term abortions as if it is commonplace. The only time that I know of that happening, besides Ramage's report, is when the mother's life is at stake. Again, I will say that I doubt there are few, if any women, who will say in the last trimester that they elect to abort the baby.

You're making late term abortion out to be a bigger story than it is.

18 Nov 2022 16:26 #33 by koobookie
Oh, and Fred - no, I will not give an inch. It's none of your fricking business what a woman does with her body.

18 Nov 2022 18:13 #34 by ramage
"The way that you, Fred, and Rick throw around the phrase, it's as if you think they are the majority of abortions. They are not."
Stop projecting, no one other than yourself has stated that late term abortions are commonplace. Thankfully they are not, just like other murders. I see that you have no problem calling Gosnell a criminal, the jury found him guilty of murder of the infants who were aborted. If this is not why you called him a criminal, please explain to us as to why he is a criminal.
" none of your fricking business what a woman does with her body." (I do not know what you mean by fricking; evidently it is a pejorative that you employ when you do not have a cogent argument. )
In my opinion do whatever you want to do with your body until it involves another. You do realize that pregnant women can be prosecuted for conduct detrimental to the fetus, for example use of heroin, methampethamines, etc. Do you not agree with that?
www.elephantcircle.net/circle/2017/2/23/...cy-and-substance-use .

18 Nov 2022 18:51 #35 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Oh, and Fred - no, I will not give an inch. It's none of your fricking business what a woman does with her body.

Roll eyes. The US can draft me to go to war. They are very well saying what I can do with my body.
Millions of Americans were threatened with losing their jobs because they didn't want a vaccine that had little chance of preventing you from getting Covid-19. They decided what those women did with their bodies.

Please leave the platitudes for bumper stickers.

18 Nov 2022 21:32 #36 by koobookie
Alright, then using your logic, we can require all males to have a vasectomy. They can be reversed, so what's the harm? What? It's your body, you say? Oh, well, when it's your body, then suddenly you want autonomy. Just not for women.

18 Nov 2022 22:04 #37 by FredHayek
The women do have autonomy. They have 2 trimesters to get this handled.

20 Nov 2022 18:46 #38 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Alright, then using your logic, we can require all males to have a vasectomy. They can be reversed, so what's the harm? What? It's your body, you say? Oh, well, when it's your body, then suddenly you want autonomy. Just not for women.

The problem with analogies like yours is that they always ignore the human life that is being eliminated.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Nov 2022 19:43 #39 by ramage
Kooobookie , why do you think that vasectomies can he reversed? Reversal of a vasectomy is an intricate surgical procedure will little or now guarantee of success. Take the time to educate yourself before making such a comment.
There is no life threatening harm either with a vasectomy or an attempted reversal. Similarly a tubal ligation. It is a choice of the individual ,not a "requirement".
I do not want to demean you, but use use of the concept of "logic" is faulty to be kind. A better term for your post would be sophistry.

21 Nov 2022 10:18 #40 by koobookie
My point is about bodily autonomy. Do we have control over our own bodies or not? In several states in our country, women do not have control over their bodies. The state does.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds