adoption....an accurate account,IN A FOUR PART SERIES.

14 Nov 2022 10:47 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2022/11/14/colorado-fail...114&utm_medium=email

Borah Israel went to live with her foster mother at age 2, rescued from neglect so severe she had to scrounge for food. After the woman adopted her, Colorado’s child welfare system closed her case and marked it a success: another child who found a “forever family.”

Her caseworker no longer had to check on her.

By age 13, though, after dealing with her adoptive mother’s drug problems, being abused by her mother’s boyfriends, and repeatedly running away, Israel was back in the system, once again a foster kid. She lived in dozens of foster homes, group homes and residential treatment centers before she turned 18, when she left foster care to live in homeless shelters.

“When I look back at it, I think wow, nobody really cared or listened to me,” Israel said. “It changed me. I don’t trust people. I’m always asking people, ‘Are you listening?’ It made me an angry child.

VERY LONG READ,VERY REAL TRAGEDY.....part one of four, THIS is the pro life solution,put the baby up for adoption.....EXCEPT there r far too many
UNWANTED children in the system,and UNCARED for by those who believe pro life is the answer. The answer is...put up or shut up...U (collectively) deal with the behavior that stems from neglect and abuse....U,who believe life is precious and should be preserved,SAVE A CHILD,regardless of the toil it takes on u.....THAT IS LOVE AND THE SOLUTION,so when the topic of abortion is front and center.,REREAD THE ENTIRE FOUR PART ARTICLE and then deeply search your heart and say YES, I can do this...I will take all the abuse,violence,,threats AND I WILL NOT RELINQUISH THIS CHILD BACK INTO THE SYSTEM. i will show this child what love is,no mater what it takes. Otherwise,u (collectively) r hypocritical and selfish.JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2022 11:22 #2 by ramage
A very sad story.

I see that your position is that she is better off dead., i.e., aborted,rather than given a chance to live. Obviously you are unwilling to give D' Borah a chance for a better life which, from you reference, she is doing.
" Israel now has an apartment in Lakewood, paid for in part through a housing voucher specifically for former foster children. She passed her GED, and with help from the Chafee Program, is attending nursing school. She works in an after-school program and for Project Foster Power, a nonprofit that works to change laws to improve the child welfare system and life for kids who age out without getting adopted. "
How many children will be better off because of her efforts?
Sad, that you have so little faith in the individual.

14 Nov 2022 16:07 #3 by homeagain
Sad, that you have so little faith in the individual. PER RAMAGE.

NO,it is lack of faith in the fubarred system. READ THE REMAINING 3 parts of the series. THIS exceptional
individual is NOT the norm. My point being,does the pro lifer actually participate in a solution??? IF SO, please show me the stats. As I stated before, volunteering at agencies that r under funded and under staffed, donating money to the cause, becoming a advocate for the infant,thru promoting governmental oversight/funding.....ACTUALLY fostering a child and nurturing the devastated and damaged little life. THOSE r the meaningful acts that would alter my mindset about pro-lifers.

14 Nov 2022 18:35 #4 by ramage
HA,
I respond to the comments and citations you provide. The citation from the coloradosun.com consists of 6 chapters, all of which I read. I do not know what you mean by "READ THE REMAINING 3 parts of the series."

Your position is that this individual is not the norm yet you are the one who put her forth as an example of what an adopted child can accomplish, why is that?
Your view that she would have been better off scrapped from her mother's womb and never given the chance to live is not acceptable to me and I am sure it is not acceptable to D'Boran Israel.
Why don't you contact her ask .

14 Nov 2022 22:11 #5 by FredHayek
Yes. HA believes it is better to kill those babies rather than give them up for adoption. I agree, sometimes adoptions don't work out, but sometimes that happens even when both parents are married and want the child.

Not everyone is a good parent.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Nov 2022 09:13 - 15 Nov 2022 12:19 #6 by homeagain
I do not know what you mean by "READ THE REMAINING 3 parts of the series."....within the TITLE it states that this is PART ONE of a FOUR PART SERIES.....can u even wrap your mind around 3 more articles as sad and seriously fubarred as the first part? I will post the series as it is released..

Adoptions

The Colorado Sun is taking an in-depth look at how hundreds of children in our foster care system were failed twice — first when they suffered abuse and neglect and had to enter the system, and again when those adoptions failed and they reentered care. Through dozens of interviews with adoptive families, young adults who were sent back into the system, child advocates and child welfare officials, we’ve found a lack of support for both children and parents.

Monday: An average of 100 children a year over the past 10 years were returned to foster care in Colorado after being adopted by their “forever family.”

Tuesday: How are families supposed to handle adopting foster children with intense issues without enough financial support?

*Wednesday: The state is looking for ways to help and train adoptive parents, and there are successes with the nonprofit Raise the Future, but budget cuts could doom the programs.

*Thursday: The top reason adoptions fail in Colorado is “child’s behavior problem.” What are reactive attachment disorder and adoption-related loss, and why is the mental health system failing to treat them?

*Coming soon

Israel, now 23, also lost any connection to

15 Nov 2022 09:44 - 15 Nov 2022 09:45 #7 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2022/11/15/colorado-fina...115&utm_medium=email

The same adopted child in Colorado could get $1,000 of monthly subsidies, or none. The deciding factor? Where they live.
Colorado is among just a handful of states where adoption assistance rates are set entirely by counties. The state is making reforms.

15 Nov 2022 10:30 #8 by FredHayek
Probably be a great time to increase the federal tax credit for parents across America. In no way, has it kept up with inflation.

15 Nov 2022 13:17 #9 by homeagain
“We hear all the time — and we hate it — Oh, you’re such saints. You’ve changed these kids’ lives. We just wanted to be parents and this was the way it happened for us,” Tracy said. “What we do is hard work and there’s not a day that goes by when we’re not battling with some form of their baggage or trauma that they came to us with.”

The family has made strides.

The couple taught the oldest how to use an escalator at age 10. He and his middle brother graduated off individualized learning plans after the Alexanders spent nights helping them with school work. If they failed a test at school, they’d retake it at home.
☀ RELATED
Colorado’s rural pharmacies wrestle against big business to remain community cornerstones
4:20 AM MDT on May 11, 2020

The family has a Friday tradition of roasting hot dogs outside and playing yard games. Two of the children take kung fu — more than $1,000 each year per kid — to know “no one can ever hurt them again,” Tracy said.

The couple said they would have found a way to make the adoption work, no matter what happened with the subsidies. But they wanted to fight for other families who don’t have the financial wherewithal or knowledge to ask for more.

It’s “unjust that some families are going to get more due to (their) tenacity,” Tracy said.

This is part two of a four-part series called Colorado’s Failed Adoptions. Read part one here. Part three coming tomorrow.

THIS IS THE MODEL....MY CHILD WILL KNOW LOVE.....can u (collectively) commit to this maze of massive mistakes/mismanagement? As a PRO LIFER, the answer should be YES.JMO

16 Nov 2022 04:13 #10 by FredHayek
Sad to see this happening in a Deep Blue State like Colorado. The Democrats have run this state for over two decades and it is going down the toilet.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds