BIMBO BOEBART .....best in show, (HOW NOT TO ACT)

22 Sep 2023 13:23 #41 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Wonder how different the media would tell the story if it was AOC groping her date in NYC?
"Leave her personal life out of it!"
"Surely there is something more newsworthy than a little PDA".

We will never know, Fred. It's interesting how you keep floating hypothetical situations to deflect away from conservative follies.

If AOC acted like Boebert did, I would have the same disgusted reaction. There's no place for that kind of behaviour in public from anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Sep 2023 20:05 #42 by FredHayek
Really? Better not go to a Pride Day Parade.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Sep 2023 20:30 #43 by Rick
Long time no talk koobookie: I hope you missed me:)

I have to be honest, if one of my daughters did what Boebart did, I'd be very dissapointed in myself for not having raised a good human. However, my issue with her actions is probably different than yours. The touching doesn't bother me much because it's a dark theater and I too would expect that my every move would not be captured by an infrared camera, but that's just me. My problem is with her disrespect of the people around her. I guarantee you that if she was in front of my wife and myself, I'd do what I could to have her tossed out. The vaping would have instantly set my wife off.

So I think we are finally close to fully agreeing on a story. I almost called it an "issue", but this country has so many real and scary "ISSUES", that it really is just a little story that will be out of the minds of everyone, other the CNN and MSNBC, within another week. Kinda hard to devoted mental enery toward a classless congresswoman when you're being financially squeezed from every direction.

Now that we agree her behavior was unnacceptable, can we agree on the punishment... if any? My answer is: She's already been punished, she just received the punishment from herself. She probably cost herself a lifetime cash cow like every other politician that is lucky enough to land that gig and keep it. The voters decide her punishment ultimately. She does have the advantage of being one of the few Republicans with balls and willing to buck the corrupt system. Anyway, what do you all think her punishment should be and is this really a story that matters to the average American, at this point in time?

BTW Homeagain, you can blame koobookie for my return. I was just waiting for someone else on your side to show up again and give you an ally since you were outnumbered. It seems like every political site I go to has mostly righties with just one or two lefties. I can't learn anything from someone who thinks more like me, at least when it comes to politics. Now if you could just convince SC to chime in once in a while, I think we could have a nice balance. I probably need to apologize first for saying bad things I can no longer remember. I'm sorry Science Chic, I have a place that bad Rick can go to be an ass, if he needs to... and if he comes back, we will both dissapear from this site forever.

That said, good to see I still have a couple people here who think more like me. Hey fellas.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Sep 2023 09:46 #44 by homeagain
BTW Homeagain, you can blame koobookie for my return. I was just waiting for someone else on your side to show up again and give you an ally since you were outnumbered. It seems like every political site I go to has mostly righties with just one or two lefties. I can't learn anything from someone who thinks more like me, at least when it comes to politics. Now if you could just convince SC to chime in once in a while, I think we could have a nice balance.

HI THERE RICK, good to see u r settled into where every u relocated.

I am use to being the "outlandier", the one who does not "blend"...been that way all my life..so these "thousand little pecks"of insults and snide comments r just amusing. I have a brother who is HARD RIGHT
AND GOES OFF THE RAILS,we talk....sometimes we agree,most times he is :out there" and I just shake my head and listen, sometimes I win and he ACTUALLY listens and has to digest data....THE ONE WORLD ORDER IS WHERE HE LIVES...(meaning he thinks it is here and will become more intense)..he is not a "prep-er" but is beginning to lean that way...) ALASKA is like a third world country and he is seeing
more evidence of a void of food distribution,the economy there is dire and his 30 year old business will,probably shut down sometime next year,no one coming thru the doors. He believes the 1% (Bill Gates,Jeff Bezo, and others r bringing the virus/vaccines back again to REDUCE the population,because the world cannot sustain present numbers.

It is a "trip" to talk to him,he never was this intense until 3 or 4 years ago......he will be 67 in about one week....I'm 76, it's like another person has entered his body.and my brother "went somewhere".

23 Sep 2023 13:05 - 23 Sep 2023 13:05 #45 by ramage
I believe that we need some humor.
Attachments:

24 Sep 2023 11:37 #46 by FredHayek

Do you agree with Representative Boebert? Time to actually hammer out a new budget instead of more last minute continuing resolutions that no one gets time to actually read before they are voted on?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

24 Sep 2023 13:50 #47 by Rick
To be clear, even though I'm disappointed in this bad moment of hers, I probably agree with 95% of her political views. To me, she's just a vote I can usually count on to be correct. So far I haven't seen any evidence of insider trading like Pelosi or sleeping with a Chinese spy like that doofus who farted on camera.

To me, those are actual issues that should not be ignored, but they are being ignored.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Sep 2023 14:24 - 24 Sep 2023 14:32 #48 by homeagain
www.politico.com/news/2023/09/13/lauren-...do-election-00113943

While Boebert has tried to blame the depiction of her as a provocateur on the Washington press, her social media account tells a different story. It features her fiery speeches on the House floor and the Oversight Committee, as well as her efforts to be the lead Republican in introducing a Biden impeachment resolution.

Frisch outraised Boebert in the last quarter and has capitalized on voter fatigue by hammering her as a media-hungry extremist who’s failed to deliver for her district. He’s planning to take that message to voters again in 2024.

She’s not a very pragmatic person, and my assumption is that she’s proud of that,” Frisch said. “Her team is trying to get her to change, but people are who they are.”
New Advantages This Time

THIS IS MY district rep.,this is my take on her ALSO (BOLDED)_

Boebert says she is 'tired' of separation between church and state: 'The church is supposed to direct the government' Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) says she is “tired” of the long-standing separation between church and state in the U.S., adding that she believes “the church is supposed to direct the government.”Jun 28, 2022

Boebert says she is 'tired' of separation between church and ...
The Hill
thehill.com › homenews › house › 3540071-boeb...

DO U AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT MADE BY BOEBART??????

24 Sep 2023 17:47 #49 by ramage
Yes. It became clear to me when I read the entire article.
thehill.com/homenews/house/3540071-boebe...rect-the-government/

"In a Sunday speech at the Cornerstone Christian Center in Basalt, Colo., ahead of her primary election on Tuesday, Boebert argued that “the government is not supposed to direct the church,” saying that dividing religion from the system of government was not what the Founding Fathers intended.

“I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk — that’s not in the Constitution. It was in a stinking letter and it means nothing like they say it does,” Boebert said, earning a round of applause from the audience.

Roger Williams, who founded Rhode Island, was the first to decipher the clause as “a wall or hedge of separation” between the “wilderness of the world” and “the garden of the church.”
In 1802, then-President Thomas Jefferson penned a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, in which he wrote the American public had built “a wall of separation between Church and State.”

After the Maine ruling, liberal Justice Sonia Sotomayor said the court “continues to dismantle the wall of separation between church and state that the Framers fought to build.”

It appears that Sotomayor's understanding of the founding fathers is deficient, even though she is a wise Latina.

25 Sep 2023 09:02 #50 by homeagain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_chur...in_the_United_States

jefferson wrote,

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."[1]

KEEP YOUR BELIEFS ,BUT DO NOT FORCE THEM UNTO ME.......i DISAGREE WITH BOEBART'S BASIC ASSUMPTION

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds