BIMBO BOEBART .....best in show, (HOW NOT TO ACT)

25 Sep 2023 09:46 #51 by koobookie

Rick wrote: I can't learn anything from someone who thinks more like me, at least when it comes to politics. Now if you could just convince SC to chime in once in a while, I think we could have a nice balance.

I'm curious as to what you have learned from discussions with liberals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2023 16:00 #52 by FredHayek

And why was his client list never released? Nor was anyone charged!
Surely a bigger crime than PDA and vaping in the dark.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

27 Sep 2023 19:39 #53 by FredHayek
A setup? A friend who works for Denver's Theatres and Arenas says the seats used by Boebert were owned by a Democrat and her date was a Democrat. So they knew where to focus the camera and he might have even started the hanky panky.

28 Sep 2023 08:22 #54 by ramage
The plot thickens.

29 Sep 2023 11:24 #55 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: I can't learn anything from someone who thinks more like me, at least when it comes to politics. Now if you could just convince SC to chime in once in a while, I think we could have a nice balance.

I'm curious as to what you have learned from discussions with liberals.

Great question. The answer is that I haven’t learned enough to keep me away from these political discussions with people I don’t know. I learned a little from my liberal poker buddies but I moved too far away to be a part of that.

I’m not trying to figure out why people on the left would vote for a guy like Biden, I’m trying to figure out why we see the big issues and the solution to those issues so differently.

So no Koobookie, I haven’t learned much but I feel like I should keep trying, as should we all.

As I said, I came back because you came back. I welcome anyone else to also return and talk about the issues our county is facing. I made a promise to not be an ass, and if I become one again I will have failed to live up to that promise and I will leave for good.

That said, it doesn’t mean I will talk nice about the people I see destroying the country, but I will be nice to those who offer up a defense for those people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Sep 2023 11:58 #56 by FredHayek
People didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump. People didn't vote for the Donald, they voted against Hillary.

And now it looks like once again, open primaries won't exist. Trump already has the GOP nomination locked up. Same with Biden.
The only thing stopping them from getting their nominations are their health and continuing investigations.

29 Sep 2023 12:52 #57 by Rick
I wouldn’t say Trump has it locked up. He has about 50% max support from Republicans and the rest of the candidates make up they other 50%. There needs to be a quick narrowing of the field if anyone else is going to have a chance.

If Democrats can’t take Trump out with endless bogus charges, they be left with assassination as a last resort. That’s how banana republics work anyway.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Sep 2023 13:15 #58 by ramage
After that s**t show of a Republican debate on Wed 9/27. Do you really think that any of those aspirants are comparable to President Trump?

29 Sep 2023 17:37 #59 by Rick

ramage wrote: After that s**t show of a Republican debate on Wed 9/27. Do you really think that any of those aspirants are comparable to President Trump?

I don’t think you can compare anyone to Trump but it may be close if DeSantis or Haley can clear the rest of the field soon. Half the party doesn’t like Trump but most would still vote for him over whatever authoritarian leftist they decide to replace Biden with.

Trump being the biggest threat to the corrupt system gives him a great advantage, as long as he’s still breathing.

George Orwell

30 Sep 2023 11:37 #60 by FredHayek
DeSantis not only talks the talk, in office, he has been very conservative. Much more than Trump was as president.
The other debate participants? I am willing to accept a RINO over a Democrat. Biden ran as a moderate but has actually been much more liberal than President Obama or Clinton. I don't want to see four more years of "The Walking Dead".

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds