Reasons to vote for or against Trump

18 Mar 2024 15:54 #11 by koobookie
Reason to NOT vote for Trump:

He cannot be trusted

Trump made 30,573 false or misleading claims as president. Nearly half came in his final year.
www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-fact...6431e03e2_story.html

He overstated the “carnage” he was inheriting, then later exaggerated his “massive” crowd and claimed, despite clear evidence to the contrary, that it had not rained during his address. He repeated the rain claim the next day, along with the fabricated notion that he held the “all-time record” for appearing on the cover of Time magazine.

And so it went, day after day, week after week, claim after claim, from the most mundane of topics to the most pressing issues.

Over time, Trump unleashed his falsehoods with increasing frequency and ferocity, often by the scores in a single campaign speech or tweetstorm. What began as a relative trickle of misrepresentations, including 10 on his first day and five on the second, built into a torrent through Trump’s final days as he frenetically spread wild theories that the coronavirus pandemic would disappear “like a miracle” and that the presidential election had been stolen — the claim that inspired Trump supporters to attack Congress on Jan. 6 and prompted his second impeachment.

The final tally of Trump’s presidency: 30,573 false or misleading claims — with nearly half coming in his final year.

Why would anyone vote for a man that cannot tell the truth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2024 16:20 - 18 Mar 2024 16:20 #12 by ramage
Perhaps you can help. I have done an internet search looking for the listing of these 30, 573 false or misleading statements by President Trump and come up with nothing. Lots of citations quoting that number but none actually listing them.
You must have further information or you are simply parroting sources and unable to search the internet for the basis of this claim?

18 Mar 2024 17:42 #14 by ramage
Thank you for your rapid but inaccurate response. The Washington Examiner citation parrots the NY Times citation, dated June, 2017. President Trump took office in Jan 2017.
Let's pick one of the many "lies" that he is purported to have spewed.
"FEB. 16 “We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban. But we had a bad court. Got a bad decision.” (The rollout was chaotic.) "
I know it is difficult to understand the difference between opinion and fact. Le me explain it for you. An opinion is a belief held, a fact is a statement that can be documented.

I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.

Your third reference is behind a paywall, (perhaps that is why you used it as a reference) . It tells us nothing, You should demand your money back if this is what you consider a substantiated source.

18 Mar 2024 17:52 #15 by Blazer Bob
You are forgetting that during Trump's term the Democrats did every possible conceivable thing to stop the wall.

18 Mar 2024 18:41 #16 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Reason to NOT vote for Trump:

"Mexico will pay for the wall."

How much wall was built? 47 miles of primary wall, and 33 miles of secondary wall built to reinforce the initial barrier.

Trump had four years to solve the border crisis, but didn't. Point: NOT Trump.

Were you asleep last month when Trump said "Russia can do whatever the hell they want’? Trump is making it clear that he will not abide by the NATO agreement and would not protect our allies.

Wake up, Fred. Stop making excuses for the Fraud Trump.

Having Mexico pay for the Wall was an empty promise. Politicians do it all the time.

Lying? Politicians do it all the time.

I am not voting for a president. I am voting against Biden. I am voting against the Chief Executive that is adding one trillion to the deficit every one hundred days. I am voting against the politicians who think Ukraine's border is more important than our border.

I would much prefer DeSantis, a true conservative, than Trump, an ego driven progressive but my choices are an 81 year old man who doesn't even remember his own history, or a 77 year old man who does.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Mar 2024 01:16 #17 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: The final tally of Trump’s presidency: 30,573 false or misleading claims — with nearly half coming in his final year.

Why would anyone vote for a man that cannot tell the truth?[/quote]
You are scraping the bottom of the barrel

19 Mar 2024 08:16 #18 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Thank you for your rapid but inaccurate response. The Washington Examiner citation parrots the NY Times citation, dated June, 2017. President Trump took office in Jan 2017.
Let's pick one of the many "lies" that he is purported to have spewed.
"FEB. 16 “We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban. But we had a bad court. Got a bad decision.” (The rollout was chaotic.) "
I know it is difficult to understand the difference between opinion and fact. Le me explain it for you. An opinion is a belief held, a fact is a statement that can be documented.

I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.

Your third reference is behind a paywall, (perhaps that is why you used it as a reference) . It tells us nothing, You should demand your money back if this is what you consider a substantiated source.

You really don't dive in very deep, do you. If you click links, it takes you to data.

www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics...nterstitial_manual_9

19 Mar 2024 08:18 #19 by koobookie
Reason to NOT vote for Trump:

Timothy O’Brien of Bloomberg notes that Trump’s desperate need for cash makes him even more of a national security threat than his retention of classified documents made it clear he already was. “[T]he going is likely to get rough for Trump as this plays out,” O’Brien writes, “and he’s likely to become more financially desperate with each passing day,” making him “easy prey for interested lenders—and an easy mark for overseas interests eager to influence US policy.”

19 Mar 2024 10:14 #20 by FredHayek

The US has been the majority partner in NATO since it was created.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds