Reasons to vote for or against Trump

21 Mar 2024 11:19 #41 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Those weren't federal job shutdowns. They were state and local shutdowns. President Trump deferred to the states.

He made the decision to defer. He could have set policy for the entire country, but he chose not to do that. His decision. His responsibility.

Doesn't the buck stop in the Oval Office? Oh, wait, it's Whiny Baby Trump, who never takes responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2024 13:25 #42 by ramage
Girl, ( I use this form of address to complement your usage of boys)
From your statement, a dictator is to be preferred. I disagree. The United States is a Republic in which powers that are not enumerated in the Constitution are states rights.
With regard to the Chinese flu, state and local government were in a much better position to decide what would be the best method of handling the contagion. The United States is too vast and diverse to simplistically think that a "one size fits all" approach is the best method for dealing with an outbreak such as the Chinese flu.
President Trump was correct in allowing the states to make their own decisions. In the case of Colorado, it was draconian. When the mayor of Denver, followed by the Governor, declared that pot shops and liquor stores were essential services, my wife and I packed our bags and went to Florida. We felt sorry for those Coloradans that did not have that choice.

21 Mar 2024 13:39 #43 by FredHayek

Because Democrats lie?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

21 Mar 2024 13:41 #44 by FredHayek
Right now illegal aliens have overwhelmed the El Paso border crossing. Thanks President Biden! Appointing Kamala Harris as Border Czar has failed.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Mar 2024 14:31 #45 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Girl, ( I use this form of address to complement your usage of boys)
From your statement, a dictator is to be preferred. I disagree. The United States is a Republic in which powers that are not enumerated in the Constitution are states rights.
With regard to the Chinese flu, state and local government were in a much better position to decide what would be the best method of handling the contagion. The United States is too vast and diverse to simplistically think that a "one size fits all" approach is the best method for dealing with an outbreak such as the Chinese flu.
President Trump was correct in allowing the states to make their own decisions. In the case of Colorado, it was draconian. When the mayor of Denver, followed by the Governor, declared that pot shops and liquor stores were essential services, my wife and I packed our bags and went to Florida. We felt sorry for those Coloradans that did not have that choice.

Once again, not sure how you got any of that from my post.

Dotard Trump could have done a lot more, not because I want a dictator, but because he was President and should have been leading the nation. He dropped the ball and allowed chaos to reign over the nation. Remember those wonderful press conferences where he reassured the nation that "it will be gone in a few days?"

Covid is not "Chinese Flu". Millions died from that disease, and your casual dismissal is dishonoring those that died.

That is yet another reason to not vote for Traitor Trump - he is an ineffectual, and disastrous, leader.

21 Mar 2024 14:32 #46 by koobookie
Unemployment has been under 4% for almost two years. Go Joe!!!!!!!

21 Mar 2024 14:59 #47 by ramage
Why do you think that medicine refers to the flu of 1918 as the Spanish Flu?
Why do you think that medicine refers to the filovirus as the Marbury Virus?
Why do you think that medicine refers to rubella as the German measles?

Would you like more hints or have you come to a realization?

Casual dismissal, I thin not? Lack of understanding on the part of the reader brings forth simplistic comments.

21 Mar 2024 15:03 #48 by ramage
Let's celebrate Senile Joe's lowering of the unemployment rate. Oops, not so fast. See hat has happened during that period.
" Inflation was so bad last year that real household income tumbled the most in 12 years, causing families severe economic pain"

fortune.com/2023/09/12/real-household-income-inflation/

21 Mar 2024 15:04 #49 by ramage
Sorry about the typo: Marburg virus not Marbury virus.

21 Mar 2024 15:10 #50 by koobookie
I would think that, as a medical professional, you would have a bit more compassion for the victims of covid, and wouldn't diminish their deaths by referring to the covid virus the "chinese flu." But hey, once again, you do you.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds