Reasons to vote for or against Trump

19 Mar 2024 10:26 #21 by koobookie
and yet Trump said what he said about our NATO allies. Reason enough to NOT vote for the fraud Trump.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2024 11:42 #22 by ramage
Do you disagree that the NATO countries should pay what they agreed to at the NATO summit in 2014?
Is that your complaint?

19 Mar 2024 12:20 #23 by ramage
Lest you are unaware, NATO countries agreed to spend a base of 2% of GDP for defense. For reference the USA spends 3.4% of our GDP on defense.
As of 2023 only 11of the 31 NATO members are on course to meet this minimum in 2024. Britain is on course to meet this minimum because of contraction of its economy.

This cartoon is a caricature of what NATO expects of the U.S.

19 Mar 2024 12:20 #24 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Do you disagree that the NATO countries should pay what they agreed to at the NATO summit in 2014?
Is that your complaint?[/quote

How you interpreted that from my post is a mystery.

Most NATO countries pay their 2% of the GNI per the agreement.. My complaint is that Dotard Trump told Putin that, were he President again, Russia could "do whatever the hell it wanted" to NATO countries because Fraud Trump apparently doesn't understand that most nations are paying the 2% towards common defense.

19 Mar 2024 12:35 #25 by ramage
"Most NATO countries pay their 2% of the GNI per the agreement"

As is often said you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.. Where do you get such information as noted above. It is easy to form an erroneous and simplistic opinion when you blithely refuse to research a topic. Talking points might work with your contemporaries however that will not cut it with an intelligent audience.
President Trump's comments were correct regarding NATO.

Please read my post of 12:20 PM 3/19, below.
A reference which will provide some light on the actual contribution of the NATO countries.
www.visualcapitalist.com/which-countries...tos-spending-target/

19 Mar 2024 13:11 #26 by koobookie
Well, waddayaknow, you're right.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/02/...-spending-gdp-trump/

Last year, 11 countries met or exceeded that target, according to NATO statistics. The rest spent smaller portions of their GDP on defense.

Many of the NATO countries are very close to the 2% goal.

That being said, I'm still wary that a former President would encourage an adversary to attack an ally just because they didn't reach the 2% goal. But I guess you're okay with what he said.

Donald Trump said over the weekend that he would encourage Russia to attack “delinquent” NATO allies that, in his judgment, spend too little on defense.

His remarks shocked leaders on both sides of the Atlantic — and mischaracterized how the 31-member alliance works.

19 Mar 2024 13:38 #27 by FredHayek
Reason to vote for President Trump?

Funny how under Democrat administrations the employment numbers always are adjusted back down after the initial reports.

Politicians lie. So do Democrat statisticians.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

19 Mar 2024 13:45 #28 by koobookie
Reason to NOT vote for Trump:

He, and his sons, have been convicted of fraud in New York state.

19 Mar 2024 13:54 #29 by koobookie
Reason to NOT vote for Trump:

Dotard Trump averaged a monthly loss of 57,000 jobs per month. 2,900,000 jobs were lost under his leadership.

Under Super Joe, job gains are 411,000 jobs per month. Almost 15,000,000 jobs have been added under Biden's leadership.

19 Mar 2024 13:58 #30 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Reason to NOT vote for Trump:

Dotard Trump averaged a monthly loss of 57,000 jobs per month. 2,900,000 jobs were lost under his leadership.

Under Super Joe, job gains are 411,000 jobs per month. Almost 15,000,000 jobs have been added under Biden's leadership.

I just showed you earlier that you can't trust Democrat job numbers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds