Reasons to vote for or against Trump

26 Mar 2024 13:27 #71 by FredHayek

Let's compare crimes. Think President Trump's penalties were "cruel and unusual"?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2024 14:11 #72 by koobookie
Fraud. That was the crime, Fred. Fraud.

If you lie on your mortgage application, that's fraud. That's a simple version of what Fraud Trump did.

26 Mar 2024 14:26 - 26 Mar 2024 14:26 #73 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Fraud. That was the crime, Fred. Fraud.

If you lie on your mortgage application, that's fraud. That's a simple version of what Fraud Trump did.

How many people who have lied on their mortgage application face penalties so severe? Or even their tax returns?

26 Mar 2024 14:28 #74 by FredHayek

President Biden's dementia is so severe he is claiming he rode the train on a bridge that has never contained railroad tracks.
:eggdye:

Attachments:

26 Mar 2024 21:18 #75 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Fraud. That was the crime, Fred. Fraud.

You probably don't know this, but in Trump's loan applications, they specifically tell the lenders NOT to rely on their valuations...which no banks ever do anyway.

Show me a precedent for this kind of charge and this kind of penalty. You can't because this would only happen when the system decides to take someone out that is a threat. Nobody has ever threatened our corrupt system of government like Trump. I'll be shocked if he isn't taken out JFK style.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Mar 2024 08:02 #76 by koobookie
I see. Everybody does it, so it's not a crime. Banks are expected to understand that billionaire geniuses routinely overvalue their assets, so it's not a crime to lie on an application.

I wonder how that will work on my next loan application. Oh, wait, that would be fraud, so yeah, I guess there is a two tier justice system, one for regular people who will be charged with a crime and one for billionaires who won't be charged with a crime cuz it's just how the boys do business?

Fraud Trump is not a victim here. Keep that in mind.

27 Mar 2024 08:04 #77 by koobookie
Yet another reason to NOT vote for Trump:

He threatens judges, lawyers, family members of judges and staff, threatens potential jurists, etc. all because he thinks he is a victim

Trump is NOT a victim. He did this to himself.

27 Mar 2024 09:19 #78 by koobookie
Another reason to NOT vote for Trump:

He encouraged his supporters to invade the capitol and attempt to overturn a free & fair election. He stood by and did nothing while the capitol was invaded. To this day, he will still not acknowledge that he lost the election.

Attachments:

27 Mar 2024 10:59 #79 by Rick

koobookie wrote: I see. Everybody does it, so it's not a crime. Banks are expected to understand that billionaire geniuses routinely overvalue their assets, so it's not a crime to lie on an application.

I wonder how that will work on my next loan application. Oh, wait, that would be fraud, so yeah, I guess there is a two tier justice system, one for regular people who will be charged with a crime and one for billionaires who won't be charged with a crime cuz it's just how the boys do business?

Fraud Trump is not a victim here. Keep that in mind.

I don't know why you keep insisting that Trump somehow tricked the banks who were all happy about the loans before and after they were paid off. No bank ever makes a loan based on what a borrower says their collateral is worth.

Again, show me the precedent for this type of "crime" which is based on one judge's opinion about valuations he has no expertise in. Even if that leftist hack judge knew real estate, it's not his job to dispute what a bank thought was a fair deal. You will never find any case in the history of this country, therefore this case will eventually be overturned IMO.

As for the Dems suddenly loving Liz Cheney's opinion, it's really pretty remarkable how little they care about their past feelings about the Cheney's.

She intentionally left out facts that would help Trump's case:

WASHINGTON - Today, Committee on House Administration's Subcommittee on Oversight Chairman Barry Loudermilk (GA-11) released a transcribed interview the January 6 Select Committee conducted with President Trump's former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato, which shows President Donald Trump pushed for 10,000 National Guard troops to protect the nation’s capital.

The interview also shows White House frustration with slow deployment of assistance. The Select Committee conducted this interview in January of 2022, but never released it.

cha.house.gov/2024/3/chairman-loudermilk...ranscribed-interview

Trump never directed anyone to break into the Capital either, that's just more bad interpretations from a media and Trump haters in Washington. The left consistently takes Trump's words out of context because they know the sheep will believe whatever narrative they want to push... like the recent outrage about the word 'bloodbath' which was again taken out of context but has also been used by Democrats for years without being taken as a literal statement.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Mar 2024 11:46 #80 by FredHayek

Even President Biden is ashamed about his economic record.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds