So what is the Glenn Beck rally actually ABOUT?

29 Aug 2010 22:51 #91 by bailey bud
Social security is insolvent, since the demographics don't match the assumptions that are made when Ponzi schemes are constructed.

Unfortunately, Americans have not reproduced at rates adequate to sustain the scheme - in just a short while, there will be more people drawing benefits - than people paying in.

If we could get the illegal immigrants to pay social security - things might work out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2010 07:29 #92 by bailey bud
I'd agree that America is becoming addicted to government.

When America hands cheques to billionaires - for running their company into the ground --- something has gone wrong.

I think all of us can agree on that.

I've been watching my own organization become addicted to federal dollars.

It's not sustainable.

30 Aug 2010 08:47 #93 by Wayne Harrison

bailey bud wrote: If we could get the illegal immigrants to pay social security - things might work out.

My understanding the ones who are illegally employed as U.S. workers, are.

In order to get a job, you have to have a social security number. Since illegals don't have one, they give a fake social security number. Payroll and social security taxes are taken out and applied to that social security number.

Since the illegals can't file a 1040, the money is never drawn by the payee. It stays in the federal coffer-- both payroll and social security taxes.

30 Aug 2010 14:49 #94 by Grady

Wayne Harrison wrote:

bailey bud wrote: If we could get the illegal immigrants to pay social security - things might work out.

In order to get a job, you have to have a social security number. Since illegals don't have one, they give a fake social security number. Payroll and social security taxes are taken out and applied to that social security number.

Since the illegals can't file a 1040, the money is never drawn by the payee. It stays in the federal coffer-- both payroll and social security taxes.

you are assuming they are not paid under the table

30 Aug 2010 14:50 #95 by Grady

JMC wrote:

AspenValley wrote: I wouldn't say the Beck rally is "all about not wanting a black man in the White House" although it may be for some.

However, I have yet to see a coherent explanation of what it IS supposed to be about. Or is it all just about flag waving and emotionalism, with no actual content or theme?

About right but selling over priced gold to rubes also comes to mind.

To be fair, I hear those same ads and endorsements on lefty radio, Thom Hartman comes to mind.

30 Aug 2010 17:16 #96 by bailey bud
I don't think the Beck rally is about racist attitudes - but they're fooling theirselves if they feel they have a "diverse" support base. Just take a look at the rally photos.

30 Aug 2010 17:31 #97 by bailey bud
PrintSmith -

I'm inclined to think there's some serious challenges ahead for Social Security. If we switched to a defined contribution plan, with a floor level rate of return (we used to call that "savings bonds") - I'd be okay.

Problem is - it's going to take around 30 years to fix the system.

The Social Security system was built on the assumption that a pyramid-shaped population would persist over time. However - the population pyramid is gone - and we now have a population apple.

30 Aug 2010 17:32 #98 by PrintSmith

Wayne Harrison wrote:

You obviously have forgotten about the incident up in Weld County where the proprietor of the business was looking the other way while she filed tax returns for illegals that actually resulted in them receiving more money from the federal government than they had initially paid in taxes. You might remember it because everyone seemed to be so up in arms about Buck violating the civil rights via improper search and seizure of the documents from the business.

30 Aug 2010 17:40 #99 by PrintSmith

bailey bud wrote: PrintSmith -

I'm inclined to think there's some serious challenges ahead for Social Security. If we switched to a defined contribution plan, with a floor level rate of return (we used to call that "savings bonds") - I'd be okay.

Problem is - it's going to take around 30 years to fix the system.

The Social Security system was built on the assumption that a pyramid-shaped population would persist over time. However - the population pyramid is gone - and we now have a population apple.

The reality is that it wouldn't make a bit of difference if it was still a pyramid shaped population BB. The government has taken the cash and left I.O.U.'s in its place. We, the nation we, are borrowing money to pay the interest due on the notes held in the vaults in Virginia. We are increasing the amount of our capital indebtedness to cover the interest due on the principle that has already been "borrowed".

How long would you feel comfortable carrying a debt I owed you if I came to you each time I needed to make an interest payment to you to borrow more money from you in order to pay you your interest?

30 Aug 2010 20:16 #100 by The Viking

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds