So what is the Glenn Beck rally actually ABOUT?

29 Aug 2010 10:01 #51 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Becky wrote: How are you feeling about that last election Wayne?

From the Washington Post...
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/201 ... f-her.html

If her estimates are right....1 million folks joined Mr Beck for a day at the Lincoln Memorial.

Most of the news reports had the attendance at about 87,000 for Mr. Beck, a far cry from one million and much less than the 500,000 he had projected.

LMAO!!! rofllol rofllol What reports are you looking at? The lowest I saw that is credible was from NBC who said about 300,000. They were expecting about 100,000 for the longest time so I would say this caught fire.

The NBC report was reporting what Beck was claiming. The scientific analysis had it at about 87,000 and was based on aerial photographs taken when the rally was at the high point.

"AirPhotosLive.com gave its estimate a margin of error of 9,000, meaning between 78,000 and 96,000 people attended the rally. The photos used to make the estimate were taken at noon Saturday, which is when the company estimated was the rally's high point."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

Beck is claiming 300,000 but gives no reasoning why. Michelle Balkman is claiming over a million.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2010 10:03 #52 by Wayne Harrison
Beck's permit was for 300,000. That's where the 300,000 number came from.

29 Aug 2010 10:31 #53 by LadyJazzer
Well, you have to be ready--just in case.

29 Aug 2010 11:33 #54 by Wayne Harrison
Beck's rally was about "Restoring America's Honor," which implies we lost it and are no longer honorable.

Isn't apologizing for America what many on the right found fault with when they said Obama did it?

Personally, I don't believe America ever lost its honor.

29 Aug 2010 11:41 #55 by CC
I think he was referring to those who are in power no longer behave honorably. Just my thoughts. We see that locally to.

29 Aug 2010 11:46 #56 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: Beck's rally was about "Restoring America's Honor," which implies we lost it and are no longer honorable.

Isn't apologizing for America what many on the right found fault with when they said Obama did it?

If you don't think our government and those who run this country have lost their honor, then you and I have very different morals. That is what tis was about. Putting people with more morals and more Constitutional beliefs in our government and restoring honor to our government once again.

29 Aug 2010 12:00 #57 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: Beck's rally was about "Restoring America's Honor," which implies we lost it and are no longer honorable.

If you don't think our government and those who run this country have lost their honor, then you and I have very different morals. That is what tis was about. Putting people with more morals and more Constitutional beliefs in our government and restoring honor to our government once again.

Can you elaborate on what morals you think we have lost?

PS - you misspelled "this" and my IQ is south of 64.

29 Aug 2010 12:05 #58 by HEARTLESS
:nyah: To all of ya. I live south of the 40th parallel, so there.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

29 Aug 2010 12:31 #59 by Wayne Harrison
America is bigger than any person or president. A person may lose their honor but losing personal honor doesn't mean America lost its honor.

If we didn't lose our honor during Clinton or Bush we certainly haven't lost it during Obama.

29 Aug 2010 16:12 #60 by Something the Dog Said
So the Beck/Palin rally to the 87,000 white conservatives at the Lincoln Memorial (probably the whitest crowd on August 28th since before MLK spoke there) was to take the US back to before 1910 when according to Mr. Beck, the progressive movement began to "destroy" the country.

That caused me to do a little research as to what the US was like prior to 1910. That was prior to the US becoming a world leader, when the post-Reconstruction era was at its nadir (got your lynching rope handy?), when 20% of children were malnourished and less than 10% graduated from high school, many ended up in sweat shops in unsafe conditions, women did not have the right to vote, blacks were intimidated from voting, social problems flourished, sweat shops were prevalent, the wealth of the country was consolidated in the hands of a few, and on and on.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds