So what is the Glenn Beck rally actually ABOUT?

29 Aug 2010 16:23 #61 by HEARTLESS
Someth....(StDS) Way to ignore the Federal Reserve Act that is killing the nation, always use the Leftist tactic of redirect by means of use of blamethrower and terms of racism, starvation, womens voting, etc. Try some new things that involve thought, not regurgitation of blog sites.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2010 16:33 #62 by AspenValley

HEARTLESS wrote: Someth....(StDS) Way to ignore the Federal Reserve Act that is killing the nation, always use the Leftist tactic of redirect by means of use of blamethrower and terms of racism, starvation, womens voting, etc. Try some new things that involve thought, not regurgitation of blog sites.

The arguments from the right for a return to pre-1910 America seem to focus mostly on economics, can you please enlighten us as to what you believed was superior about the American economy and standard of living in 1910?

I hear lots of talk about how this or that has been "killing us", please enlighten us as to what we can expect when you return us to the 19th century.

29 Aug 2010 16:41 #63 by HEARTLESS
The Federal Reserve is a group of people, not elected by the people, that control most everything financial within the government. Even without deficit spending which creates the interest burden, it is a slow bleed of the tax payers, borrowers and so on.

29 Aug 2010 16:43 #64 by AspenValley
I know who and what the Federal Reserve is, and I am not a fan of its existence. We could agree on that. But somehow I think there is more to what you want to....achieve?

29 Aug 2010 16:45 #65 by HEARTLESS
What, I'm a write in candidate now?

29 Aug 2010 17:00 #66 by PrintSmith

Wayne Harrison wrote: Oh, you know, like churches preaching social justice.

Beck: Social justice "is a perversion of the Gospel," "not what Jesus was saying"

(If you recall, Dr. King preached social justice from the pulpit, something Beck is very much against)

And neither Beck nor King was talking about the government redistributing wealth, which is what social justice means when it is spoken of by such notable devotees as the Rev, Jeremiah Wright or the Rev. Jim Wallis - both of whom happen to have been close spiritual advisers to our current president. Wright is the one who showed Obama what it was to be Christian in his autobiography.

Social justice is based on the concepts of human rights and equality and involves a greater degree of economic egalitarianism through progressive taxation, income redistribution, or even property redistribution. These policies aim to achieve what developmental economists refer to as more equality of opportunity than may currently exist in some societies, and to manufacture equality of outcome in cases where incidental inequalities appear in a procedurally just system.

The above definition, gleaned from the web, truly is not what Jesus was talking about, was it Wayne. This is the social justice that Beck has advised you leave your church if you find it advancing this cause.

29 Aug 2010 17:15 #67 by LadyJazzer
Beck is an idiot... Once you accept that, everything else sort of makes sense.

Jesus was a liberal.

29 Aug 2010 17:19 #68 by bailey bud
Don't tell any of thes folks ---- but Jesus was also Middle-Eastern....

29 Aug 2010 17:20 #69 by HEARTLESS
That coming from one so opposed to Christianity, means absolutely nothing.

29 Aug 2010 17:24 #70 by bailey bud
Heartless - I think there's a difference between being opposed to Christ - and being opposed to Christianity.

I'm frankly not certain that Christ would recognize today's Christian church.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds