Obama drops 'Creator' from Declaration quote

22 Sep 2010 07:29 #51 by Nmysys
I would find it easy to make great speeches when they are written for me and all I have to do is read the teleprompter,even George Bush could have done that, or Dan Quayle.

We all know that the speeches are written usually for them, by speechwriters, so the omission referred to in the title of this thread, IMO was intentional and agreed upon in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Sep 2010 07:31 #52 by Wayne Harrison
Or ask another question, BailyBud... If McCain had been elected president, would things be any different than they are now?

As we were going into a -- (take your pick) depression, recession, recovery --at the time Obama was elected, is it even possible that things would be any better with McCain than they were under Bush? I don't think so.

What matters is we're digging out of the hole the previous administration put us in... it's going to take some time to dig ourselves out.

22 Sep 2010 07:57 #53 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: What matters is we're digging out of the hole the previous administration put us in... it's going to take some time to dig ourselves out.

Why don't you people understand politics??? It wasn't the previous administration. It was the congress since 2006 and a bill signed in 1999 that got us here. So the hole we are in is because of the current congress who has controll and written ever bill and policiy since the begining of 2007.

And you used the perfect words. WE ARE STILL DIGGING!! Which I am not sure if you realize it or not, makes a deeper hole! You don't spend trillions to get out of debt. What kind of moronic economics is that? And it has been shown that almost a trillion for the stimulus really didn't do anything. (A democratic bill that was more digging) Didn't keep us under 8% unemployment like promised and created very few jobs. Now they want more? :bash And now reports are coming out left and right pointing out how much the new trillion for the health care is actually not going to have any net effect, and how most all of our healthcare costs are going up because of it for nothing. (Another Democratic bill) So we spend a trillion to raise our healthcare costs in a recession? The congress has to go! Cash for clunkers. (A democratic breakthrough!!) :bash Billioins of dollars and $23,000 per car to buy old junkers to have absolutely no effect on the environment.

Wayne we can't keep digging to get ourselves out of debt. That is where the Dems are so backwards. We need to start filling in the hole! Every dollar spent for no results is another shovel full and a hole so deep now that we can't even see the bottom. The Republicans need to get in there and repeal the healthcare joke and redo it right. That will fill in about $1 trillion dollars to start filling the hole back up.

Obama still wants cap and trade for a trillion or so to make the hole that much bigger. Republicans can stop that huge hole from being dug out.

22 Sep 2010 08:04 #54 by Nmysys
Wayne understands it is Congress, just has to do his usual job of twisting and turning to put the blame on Bush, it is what the Libs do. I know, he says he is an Independent, but everything he writes is Lib.

22 Sep 2010 08:10 #55 by The Viking
rofllol rofllol I am watching the news and even this moronic Democratic congress doesn't get it. The Republicans are going to reveal their new plan for America like in 1994. Kind of like the contract with America. They are not the party of no and will reveall all they will do tomorrow. But Steny Hoyer (D) come out today and said it will be the same old thing and they will just take us back to the way they did it in 2008. WHAT????? The Democrats controlled both the house and Senate in 2008. The main stream media has the Democrats so brainwashed about Bush that even congress forgets they were in control before the recession started and have written all bills since Jan 2007. rofllol rofllol

So you Dems on here aren't alone. Even your congressmen think the Republicans were in charge in 2008! What a bunch of idiots!! I hope they run on that next month. (Standing at the podium giving campaign speeches) 'Don't take us back to those who were in control in 2008 when this mess started!'......... (Covering the microphone........wait........what?......we were in charge then?.......s**t!........You mean this was our fault?........who do we blame now?) rofllol :lol:

22 Sep 2010 08:13 #56 by LadyJazzer
I don't remember anyone holding a gun to Bush's head when he signed TARP, and the auto-bailout... Wow...If the Dems had so much control that they could force Bush to sign something he didn't want to sign, who knew?!?!?

22 Sep 2010 08:33 #57 by Wayne Harrison
Isn't it interesting that, since 1945, voters have given Republicans control the House only seven times, and the Senate only 10 times (out of 33)? I'm not sure why, since the presidents were fairly even between the two parties.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovern ... sion_2.htm

BTW, how'd that last "Contract With American" work out?

22 Sep 2010 08:38 #58 by LadyJazzer
The Contract ON America was a bust... So, they think they're going to try it again?

22 Sep 2010 08:57 #59 by Nmysys
Can you name any program set out by the Dems that has done what they have promised?

22 Sep 2010 08:59 #60 by The Viking

Nmysys wrote: Can you name any program set out by the Dems that has done what they have promised?

Oh this should be good....... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds