Obama drops 'Creator' from Declaration quote

20 Sep 2010 21:03 #31 by The Viking

appleannie wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

appleannie wrote: Plugged "President gives no credit to author of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness" into google and got 26,200 hits for those words exactly. :Whistle

And what's your point? Are you implying Obama has said the same thing 26,200 times before? If so, that's not how Google search works.

I restricted the search for dates from 1/1/2008 to 9/14/2010 (before the current speech). I actually got 201,000 hits. Looking at the first few pages, I find no evidence he's ever said this before. I even narrowed it down by plugging in "Obama" vs. "President". Still no sign he's ever said it before.

Of course not. I'm pointing out it's another copy & paste meme that's making the rounds of rightwing sites.

So are you saying it isn't true? Or are you saying that it is true but you wish the truth didn't get out to the American citizens as much as it does?

And of course if it's true, you aren't going to hear it on the mainstream media.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 21:42 #32 by LadyJazzer
I would imagine that she's saying that's it's another one of those things that nobody gives a sh*t about except the rightwing sites making the usual crap out of whole-cloth over nothing.

:Snooze

20 Sep 2010 21:56 #33 by The Viking

The Viking wrote:

appleannie wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

appleannie wrote: Plugged "President gives no credit to author of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness" into google and got 26,200 hits for those words exactly. :Whistle

And what's your point? Are you implying Obama has said the same thing 26,200 times before? If so, that's not how Google search works.

I restricted the search for dates from 1/1/2008 to 9/14/2010 (before the current speech). I actually got 201,000 hits. Looking at the first few pages, I find no evidence he's ever said this before. I even narrowed it down by plugging in "Obama" vs. "President". Still no sign he's ever said it before.

Of course not. I'm pointing out it's another copy & paste meme that's making the rounds of rightwing sites.

So are you saying it isn't true? Or are you saying that it is true but you wish the truth didn't get out to the American citizens as much as it does?

And of course if it's true, you aren't going to hear it on the mainstream media.

I didn't think I would get an answer to that one......other than LJ's typical rhetoric of course.

20 Sep 2010 23:03 #34 by appleannie

The Viking wrote:

The Viking wrote:

appleannie wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

I didn't think I would get an answer to that one......other than LJ's typical rhetoric of course.

Actually, I don't spend all my time here, so just saw your reply. LJ is correct.

21 Sep 2010 07:08 #35 by Nmysys
Wow:

Someone claiming that LJ is correct, amazing. Either we are under attack by the Libs or LJ is changing screennames again.

She does nothing but jump on every statement made with denials and no facts constantly and you say she is correct. Can you give us some reason to think you have any proof that this is not true?

21 Sep 2010 07:23 #36 by appleannie

Nmysys wrote: Wow:

Someone claiming that LJ is correct, amazing. Either we are under attack by the Libs or LJ is changing screennames again.

She does nothing but jump on every statement made with denials and no facts constantly and you say she is correct. Can you give us some reason to think you have any proof that this is not true?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not LJ. She was correct about my reason for the post.

LadyJazzer wrote: I would imagine that she's saying that's it's another one of those things that nobody gives a sh*t about except the rightwing sites making the usual crap out of whole-cloth over nothing.

Obama fluffed it. Big deal. But the exact outraged wording about the fluff, suggesting he did it deliberately, is making the rounds of rightwing sites. Copy & paste. Yawn. Do you have any proof that he left out the Creator bit on purpose?

21 Sep 2010 10:10 #37 by The Viking

appleannie wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Wow:

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not LJ. She was correct about my reason for the post.

LadyJazzer wrote: I would imagine that she's saying that's it's another one of those things that nobody gives a sh*t about except the rightwing sites making the usual crap out of whole-cloth over nothing.

Obama fluffed it. Big deal. But the exact outraged wording about the fluff, suggesting he did it deliberately, is making the rounds of rightwing sites. Copy & paste. Yawn. Do you have any proof that he left out the Creator bit on purpose?

I love how libs wont answer questions. I guess they all took the Howard Dean school of how not to answer questions. So I will answer for them. Yes it is true and they are just upset that all of Obama's moronic moves get spread throughout the right wing media because they know that the main stream liberal media is totally in bed with him and will rarely report negatives truths about him. So they do a search to see how far it has spread and you libs can't hide the truth anymore, so you are just ticked and whining about it being an outrage. It is news and it is true, so what are you complaining about? Your liberal media has it plastered all over the news about a candidate who talked about masturbation 20 years ago but doesn't want to touch Obama. I love how you all can 'try' and dish it out but can't take it.

21 Sep 2010 10:13 #38 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Obama drops 'Creator' from Declaration quote
I hate to be the one to break it to you backwoods smoker, bible thumpin types, but we are just scum thats growing on some rock out in space. Thats all we are, Mold.

Deal with it

21 Sep 2010 10:14 - 21 Sep 2010 11:20 #39 by LadyJazzer
It was 10 years ago...not 20... And the masturbation, witchcraft and other loony-tunes issues are the least of her worries. Let's try prosecution for mis-use of campaign funds... That may stick...

(It's also a helluva lot more significant than forgetting to say "Creator" in a speech...)

Running out of material, guys?

21 Sep 2010 10:20 #40 by archer

The Viking wrote: Yes it is true and they are just upset that all of Obama's moronic moves get spread throughout the right wing media because they know that the main stream liberal media is totally in bed with him and will rarely report negatives truths about him. .

I believe it is more an issue of the mainstream media will not report innuendo and lies, the right wing media has no such scruples.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds