Obama drops 'Creator' from Declaration quote

20 Sep 2010 15:26 #1 by The Viking
President gives no credit to author of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness

I cannot believe this man is so full of himself that he has the audacity to change to Declaration of Independence to leave out our creator just because it is what he wants and believe. Screw the Declaration of Independence. Heck he has wiped his butt with the Constitution, why not this too?

President Obama removed the reference to the "Creator" from the Declaration of Independence when he quoted a portion at a meeting of the Congressional Hispanic Congress.

Obama said, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

But the the actual quotation is:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=204973

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 15:27 #2 by archer
horrors....impeach him

20 Sep 2010 15:33 #3 by LadyJazzer
Well, that's it for me... (He probably wasn't wearing his flag pin at the time either!) Hrrrumph!

20 Sep 2010 15:37 #4 by The Viking

archer wrote: horrors....impeach him

I guess if the integrity of important speeches and documents aren't important to you then lets mess around with it more.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Republican men are created equal, that they are well endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Lower taxes, Less Liberals, No illegal immigrants, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You are right. This is fun. I see why Obama likes to change our history.

20 Sep 2010 15:39 #5 by AV8OR
Good catch. You woke the trolls up with that one!

20 Sep 2010 15:50 #6 by Nmysys
You know I have been thinking that maybe we are being too divisive, too argumentative over these minor issues. Maybe we are making too much of all these little unimportant minute trivial things that in the bigger picture of our country and how wonderful life is, how beautiful the mountains are, how clean and fresh the laundry smells on the clothesline are, and then the trolls come out and ruin it, and I say, nah!!!!! What a foolish idea.

20 Sep 2010 16:15 #7 by AV8OR
I saw what you were trying to write (for less than a second). Then, I started looking at how the folks would want us to not pay ATTENTION to the GRADUAL DEGREDATION of OUR RIGHTS.

Slowly, we give up a right here, a right there in the name of public safety, etc.

The next thing you know... we have an IRS that wants to have employers send the payroll in and they will determine the appropriate tax and send the rest back to the employee. But relax, they claim this will save the employee the stress and embarassment of an audit.

Of course this is not true. It is only something I made up.

OR IS IT?

20 Sep 2010 16:28 #8 by LadyJazzer
Funny, but it looks to me like the "trolls" are the ones who would post this usual kind of copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day irrelevant, insignificant bullcrap, looking for a response. And the ones that made the "good catch" are the ones that called it for the bullcrap that it is.

Who knew....

20 Sep 2010 16:33 #9 by Nmysys
We are the wacky Conservatives eh?

I thought I might try to change my image a little.

I used to tell people I didn't play games. I quit school in the third grade because they had recess! Now I want to show the softer feminine side of me. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never happen!

20 Sep 2010 16:34 #10 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote: Funny, but it looks to me like the "trolls" are the ones who would post this usual kind of copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day irrelevant, insignificant bullcrap, looking for a response. And the ones that made the "good catch" are the ones that called it for the bullcrap that it is.

Who knew....

I want some of what you are having. It might be fun trying to live in lala land for a while.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds