BP Oil Spill Updates

19 Jul 2010 19:33 #311 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: RockFranz-You've really said nothing, I interpereted the info and came to conclusions, and I stand by every single one of them- time will

1) The seep is definately, 100% related to the well, time will bear this out,
2) Oil is leaking from just below the well head along laterial and horizontal fractures in the rock beneath the sea floor and has aparently found a route to the surface.
3,<snip>

Like I said, you obviously are a crackerjack geoscientist of oil industry fame. rofllol

And now information about the seep for the first time:

"Also, seepage from the seafloor was detected over the weekend less than two miles away, but Allen said it probably has nothing to do with the well. Oil and gas are known to ooze naturally from fissures in the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100720/ap_ ... _oil_spill

I rest my case Einstein. Your prediction is BS Less than two miles away hardly qualifies as " from just below the well head" nor does "Allen said it probably has nothing to do with the well" as opposed to your statement "The seep is definately, 100% related to the well, time will bear this out,"

I know, you want to wait to have your statements come true. But the fact remains you claimed that"the seep" reported was from the well and adjacent to the well head. I'm sure you have a way of spinning this into something unrelated to reality. Seems you owe me at this point. lol

Don't be nieve-The guy said "probably" not related...And I'm sure he's driving a new Cadilac tonight courtesy of BP for using that particular word..It's all related!
He also said this-
The Washington Post has quite a bit more, including a letter to BP from incident commander Adm. Thad Allen, indicating that the government has detected well seepage and undetermined anomalies at the well head.”

http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/07/19/ ... l-seepage/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2010 23:05 #312 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote: Don't be nieve-The guy said "probably" not related...And I'm sure he's driving a new Cadilac tonight courtesy of BP for using that particular word..It's all related!
He also said this-
The Washington Post has quite a bit more, including a letter to BP from incident commander Adm. Thad Allen, indicating that the government has detected well seepage and undetermined anomalies at the well head.”

rofllol Yep. As a scientist I am neive about my profession. rofllol rofllol The word probably was used to save politicl faith for Obama. See, once our government got involved science weent out the door. Kinda a lot like your proclimations. rofllol You still owe me not matter how you want to twist information to suit your needs. I expect at least a beer when I get home... and not one of those cheep American beers either. A microbrew ale or pilner will do. Thanks VL.

20 Jul 2010 11:22 #313 by UNDER MODERATION

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Don't be nieve-The guy said "probably" not related...And I'm sure he's driving a new Cadilac tonight courtesy of BP for using that particular word..It's all related!
He also said this-

rofllol Yep. As a scientist I am neive about my profession. rofllol rofllol The word probably was used to save politicl faith for Obama. See, once our government got involved science weent out the door. Kinda a lot like your proclimations. rofllol

Just released- 22 seconds in- "There is an issue of causeality here regarding the "seepage". And the cap is now "leaking"

I told you so.

[youtube:c314mfn7]
[/youtube:c314mfn7]

20 Jul 2010 19:07 #314 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

He also said this-

rofllol Yep. As a scientist I am neive about my profession. rofllol rofllol The word probably was used to save politicl faith for Obama. See, once our government got involved science weent out the door. Kinda a lot like your proclimations. rofllol

Just released- 22 seconds in- "There is an issue of causeality here regarding the "seepage". And the cap is now "leaking"

I told you so.

[youtube:25mhov9g]
[/youtube:25mhov9g]

What part of this video did you not understand? Leakage from the cap? That has nothing to do with well integrity, the fundamental question for which the testing is taking place. Seepage from more than a mile away is hardly anything you "told" anyone about and the reason for the seepage is unclear. Even our government who is trying their dambdest to make political hay can't extablish a cause related to the well, try as they might.

As their board of scientists know, a mile plus distance is way out of line with failed well bore integrity. Secondly, pressure build up is very slow, but steady. This too is not consistent with seepage from the well. Pressure would stall out well below the reservoir threshold if seepage were the case. You still owe me a beer.

20 Jul 2010 19:19 #315 by UNDER MODERATION
Wrong, the lack of pressure indicates a leak below the well head- It's seeping outward and eventually a mile downfield found a path through the rock to the surface. Most of this stuff is just common sense. You probaly have no idea just how big the Gulf is- To think that this seepage a mere mile away from Deep Horizon is not related is just foohardy at least, criminaly insane at best. I mean c'mon man, quit spewing the company line.

It's related, Clearly!

20 Jul 2010 19:22 #316 by UNDER MODERATION

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

He also said this-

I told you so.

[youtube:1quk5f0i]
[/youtube:1quk5f0i]

What part of this video did you not understand?

I understood that "There is an issue of causeality here regarding the "seepage". If you own stock in BP and don't want to adress the issue, fine- I'm here to serrve the community, not serve up company propaganda.

20 Jul 2010 20:05 #317 by Rockdoc
VL, if you had any clue about what you were talking about, I'd argue with you. For now all I was trying to do is have an itelligent discussion (BIG HINT) not someone insisting that they are right by being a broken record. Do you know what that is or even means?

BTW, I worked in the Gulf for Shell for no less than 6 years, so I'm a bit more of an expert on it than you may want to imagine much less acknowledge. I doubt you even know what "the mud pile" means. In fact, I wonder if you have even been to the Gulf of Mexico.

I do not own BP stock and even if I did, integrity is my God and it would not allow me to ignore solid data that pointed to well integrity problems. I'm more interested in taming this monster and providing insight to intelligent laymen rather than in promoting myself (hint). If you did a little more research you would know that the seep in question is close to another well that is shut in and likely either related to it or a natural seep in itself. The fact the well cap has held and there is a steady pressure build up albite slowly points to no well leakage problems. FYI Were there a rubpture somewhere or a new failure developed in Deep Horizon, then there would be a sudden pressure drop.

From here on, I propose to continue to disseminate insights from the oilfield sector without being sidetracked by banal inuendos.

20 Jul 2010 21:34 #318 by UNDER MODERATION
Just like you said in this thread- Sometimes regular people know more than the experts.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=477&start=8 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=477&start=8<!-- l -->

BTW- I'm 6 for 6 in my predictions and youre still 0-0....Oh and I own a beachfront Condo on Estero Island,

20 Jul 2010 21:38 - 20 Jul 2010 21:47 #319 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
VL you are 0-0 on Oil is "heavier" than water.

Rock Doc, your inputs are appreciated, thanks.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

20 Jul 2010 21:46 - 20 Jul 2010 21:48 #320 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Rockdoc Franz wrote: VL, if you had any clue about what you were talking about, I'd argue with you. For now all I was trying to do is have an itelligent discussion (BIG HINT) not someone insisting that they are right by being a broken record. Do you know what that is or even means?

BTW, I worked in the Gulf for Shell for no less than 6 years, so I'm a bit more of an expert on it than you may want to imagine much less acknowledge. I doubt you even know what "the mud pile" means. In fact, I wonder if you have even been to the Gulf of Mexico.

I do not own BP stock and even if I did, integrity is my God and it would not allow me to ignore solid data that pointed to well integrity problems. I'm more interested in taming this monster and providing insight to intelligent laymen rather than in promoting myself (hint). If you did a little more research you would know that the seep in question is close to another well that is shut in and likely either related to it or a natural seep in itself. The fact the well cap has held and there is a steady pressure build up albite slowly points to no well leakage problems. FYI Were there a rubpture somewhere or a new failure developed in Deep Horizon, then there would be a sudden pressure drop.

From here on, I propose to continue to disseminate insights from the oilfield sector without being sidetracked by banal inuendos.

Nice post Rockdoc.

I don't know anything about the technical aspects of oil drilling, so I keep out of most of the technical discussion.

I hope the cap works, but if it doesn't, it at least sounds like they are close to drilling a relief well which could be the final solution. Any reports on how soon this might happen? Also, I hear there is the option to tap a pipe into the cap and fill tankers on the surface with oil. But that would release even more oil while they tap the cap. Do you have an opinion on that option?

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds