BP Oil Spill Updates

19 Jul 2010 17:44 #301 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote: .........some of it slowly makes its way to the sea floor where it pools up on the sea floor because oil is heavier than water.

TM is right. Good catch.

VL:
Oil is less dense than water and goes to the surface. And both are less dense than VL's brain.

If oil is "heavier" (non-scientific term), how would it get to the surface Einstein?

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! LOL :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2010 18:04 #302 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Look i've made 4 predictions on this thread and so far i'm batting a thousand...Now lets sit back and see how the next 4 pan out-I don't see anybody else sticking their necks out and putting their reputations on the line with predictions?

19 Jul 2010 18:15 #303 by LOL
ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! lol :)

I think I read today or saw on the news the leak was not related to the well, per gov't experts. And the pressure is 6800psi at the well head, about what I predicted.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

19 Jul 2010 18:19 #304 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote: ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! lol :)

I meant when the seepage is mixed with mud it sticks on the sea floor-I was dumbing it down for you and it backfired

19 Jul 2010 18:21 #305 by LOL
OK buddy, you are forgiven. But you owe me a beer! :)

19 Jul 2010 18:40 #306 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
In the very recent past a professional that worked for us (notice the past tense :Whistle :wink: ) attempted to spin something he told me that would have had questionable ramifications for us by saying, "I tried to simplify it for Holly and she must have 'misunderstood' me." Yeah, right. I love anyone (especially a man) basically saying he needed to "dumb it down" for me so I'd get it. Yep, I got it alright. Right to another professional that we hired who caught all this guys mistakes (many!) and correct them. In the end she saved us thousands of dollars! So glad that he was unethical, lied, and tried to spin what he said. So sad for him because he lost a great client. What a moron!!!!!!! Thank goodness I had the common sense to question him and take it somewhere else for a second set of eyes.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Jul 2010 18:58 #307 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote:

Joe wrote: ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! lol :)

I meant when the seepage is mixed with mud it sticks on the sea floor-I was dumbing it down for you and it backfired

Even "dumbing it down" this is totally wrong. Let's face it you have no clue about the oil industry and that is what is backfiring.

19 Jul 2010 19:11 #308 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: RockFranz-You've really said nothing, I interpereted the info and came to conclusions, and I stand by every single one of them- time will

1) The seep is definately, 100% related to the well, time will bear this out,
2) Oil is leaking from just below the well head along laterial and horizontal fractures in the rock beneath the sea floor and has aparently found a route to the surface.
3,<snip>

Like I said, you obviously are a crackerjack geoscientist of oil industry fame. rofllol

And now information about the seep for the first time:

"Also, seepage from the seafloor was detected over the weekend less than two miles away, but Allen said it probably has nothing to do with the well. Oil and gas are known to ooze naturally from fissures in the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100720/ap_ ... _oil_spill

I rest my case Einstein. Your prediction is BS Less than two miles away hardly qualifies as " from just below the well head" nor does "Allen said it probably has nothing to do with the well" as opposed to your statement "The seep is definately, 100% related to the well, time will bear this out,"

I know, you want to wait to have your statements come true. But the fact remains you claimed that"the seep" reported was from the well and adjacent to the well head. I'm sure you have a way of spinning this into something unrelated to reality. Seems you owe me at this point. lol

19 Jul 2010 19:18 #309 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
I think he was trying to dumb it down so even an airplane mechanic could misunderstand it.

19 Jul 2010 19:28 #310 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote: In the very recent past a professional that worked for us (notice the past tense :Whistle :wink: ) attempted to spin something he told me that would have had questionable ramifications for us by saying, "I tried to simplify it for Holly and she must have 'misunderstood' me." Yeah, right. I love anyone (especially a man) basically saying he needed to "dumb it down" for me so I'd get it. Yep, I got it alright. Right to another professional that we hired who caught all this guys mistakes (many!) and correct them. In the end she saved us thousands of dollars! So glad that he was unethical, lied, and tried to spin what he said. So sad for him because he lost a great client. What a moron!!!!!!! Thank goodness I had the common sense to question him and take it somewhere else for a second set of eyes.

Good one SG, the guy sounds like a total jerk

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds