BP Oil Spill Updates

21 Jul 2010 08:13 #331 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
As they say in Texas, "He's all hat and no cattle."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2010 09:14 #332 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Wayne Harrison wrote: As they say in Texas, "He's all hat and no cattle."

rofllol rofllol rofllol :lol: :lol: :lol:

21 Jul 2010 09:24 #333 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Wayne Harrison wrote: As they say in Texas, "He's all hat and no cattle."

great quote. I think we have some people running for office who precisely fit that quote.

21 Jul 2010 09:36 #334 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
VL/Manna likes to make things up, brag and tell whopper topper stories. Sometimes the softballs lobbed over the middle of the plate are too tempting. But it also plays into his strategy, so some restraint is wise. I should listen to my own advice. LOL :) Its good to let the new posters know about him. I find it entertaining to a point, until he goes overboard on occasion.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jul 2010 09:55 #335 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
One of my favorite Manna charades was when he tried to convince posters on the ESPN boards that he owned a cattle ranch in Colorado. He'd post pictures of Costco steaks and say they came from his own herd. Too bad he doesn't write a book. He's had some great whoppers over the years.

Everything he has is bigger, better, and more expensive in his mind. And if you don't believe it, he takes pictures and posts them on the Internet to impress people he's never met. His kids are super models, golf stars, and movie stars. In his mind, he's that Old Spice guy (only white). A man's man.

In reality, he lives in Burland, in a house just like any other in the neighborhood, he shops at Costco and he's an average joe, just like the rest of us.

21 Jul 2010 11:22 #336 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

I work down at the Pizza Pit
And I drive an old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I'm 5 foot 3 and overweight
I'm a scifi fanatic
A mild asthmatic
And I've never been to second base
But there's whole ‘nother me
That you need to see
Go checkout MySpace

Full lyrics

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Jul 2010 11:28 #337 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Hey VL, can you give us an explanation of what we're seeing in this camera shot?

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_interne ... _ROV1.html

21 Jul 2010 12:07 #338 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Wayne Harrison wrote: One of my favorite Manna charades was when he tried to convince posters on the ESPN boards that he owned a cattle ranch in Colorado. He'd post pictures of Costco steaks and say they came from his own herd. Too bad he doesn't write a book. He's had some great whoppers over the years.

Everything he has is bigger, better, and more expensive in his mind. And if you don't believe it, he takes pictures and posts them on the Internet to impress people he's never met. His kids are super models, golf stars, and movie stars. In his mind, he's that Old Spice guy (only white). A man's man.

In reality, he lives in Burland, in a house just like any other in the neighborhood, he shops at Costco and he's an average joe, just like the rest of us.

I'm not gonna even respond to this except to say that-Thats so untrue..I'm so much different than the average Baileyite that it's not funny. And this is a ranch, i'm zoned for livestock, and although I don't have any cattle now, I probably did years ago when I was posting at ESPN.

21 Jul 2010 12:18 #339 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: Rockdoc, you have to learn about VL's "predictions."

Once, under his Manna Pro nick, he "predicted" where a hurricane would hit the Florida coast. When it didn't hit near where he "predicted" he went back and changed his prediction and then bragged about how accurate he was.

It's his online shtick.

Thanks for the insight. Frankly, I could care less about his predictions. It's his misinformation that is troubling. However, having said that, I realize there is a VL BS alert everyone understands. My problem is I gave him too much attention by responding to absurd declarations. I've learned.

.... all my predictions have all been right, while most of your broad, non committal, vague generalizations....Have been, quite frankly.... wrong

22 Jul 2010 02:44 #340 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Predictions are not what I'm about no matter what some claim. Instead, I try to present insights, not wild proclamations that have no foundation.

Considerable anxiety exists over a potential tropical storm hitting the Gulf area and thereby suspending operations that are within a week of starting the permanent plugging of the Deep Horizon well. Let's hope the storm does not materialize and BP does not have to evacuate the rigs.

Work on the relief has reached casing point. In other words, they are at a depth where they need to line the hole with metal pipe and cement the bottom of the pipe to create a seal against fluids rising up outside the pipe. This type of scenario, where the cement job needs to done, so the reservoir pressure does not rupture rocks at a shallower depth where the pressure is not as great. The steel liner allows for high pressure inside the well bore and while also sealing off the entry of fluids from the formations they drilled through. This is a crucial step and needs to be done right. Otherwise you could have oil and or gas leaking up the well bore into the overlying formations to create a nightmare.

If the storm holds off and the work goes without problems, BP expects to be ready to finish the relief well and then begin plugging the run-away well for good in another week or two. Let us hope they get nature's cooperation so we can all relax about this disaster and concentrate on clean up.

One thing I do not understand is why we have not employed oil-eating bacteria to clean up the spill. It would seem the best possible way to do so in marshes and wetlands. Anyone want to do the research about the oil-eating bacteria and it's potential ecologic impact? I know nothing about that issue.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds