I'm glad NPR fired Juan Williams

21 Oct 2010 14:55 #11 by Blazer Bob

Scruffy wrote: [When you listen to NPR, they give both sides of the issue without allowing the emotions and politics of the day to cloud the analysis. ]."

So they fired Juan because.......?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2010 14:57 #12 by JusSayin

neptunechimney wrote: So they fired Juan because.......?

Bravo!

21 Oct 2010 14:57 #13 by The Viking

neptunechimney wrote:

Scruffy wrote: [When you listen to NPR, they give both sides of the issue without allowing the emotions and politics of the day to cloud the analysis. ]."

........he is affilated with FOX.

21 Oct 2010 15:02 #14 by HEARTLESS
Wow, a touchdown and a two point conversion. :woo hoo:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

21 Oct 2010 15:03 #15 by Scruffy

neptunechimney wrote:

I'm sure if you contact NPR, they would be happy to tell you.

21 Oct 2010 15:04 #16 by Travelingirl

neptunechimney wrote:

:goodpost:

21 Oct 2010 15:09 #17 by Grady

Scruffy wrote:

travelingirl wrote: And name ONE network or cable news/opinion program that invites as many liberals and conservatives on their programs as Fox.

How about instead of letting political harpies onto the FOX Entertainment Channel, we have actual political analysis. I'm sick of having politicians on teevee shows come on and do their song & dance stump speeches, posturing and refudiating about their political outrage of the day.

When you listen to NPR, they give both sides of the issue without allowing the emotions and politics of the day to cloud the analysis. That's what journalism is meant to be. It's not about having each side on so you can claim you are balanced. It's about hearing both sides of the issue so you can be fair.

I'm not surprised that my "fair & balanced" rant in my post above was ignored. It's been ignored before in other places, as well. Most people don't seem to understand the difference. Oh, well.

BTW - the FOX way of having people from both sides on their channel is best demonstrated by the show "HANNITY and colmes ."

Can you honestly say you wouldn’t take that extra look at someone who in your eyes might fit the profile of someone about to do you harm? No you can’t trust TSA to protect you 100% of the time any more than you can count on a sheriff or police officer to be there when seconds count. Yes I admit it; I make it a point to know my surroundings and who is in my immediate area. And that goes for Muslim looking folks at the airport, or that guy fiddling with his backpack too much, or that guy trying to hide the bulge under his jacket at the Quickie Mart, or that strange car circling the neighborhood. The term is situational awareness. The only reason Muslims are now included in the group is because radical Islamists flew planes in to building on 9/11 and killed thousands of innocents in the name of Allah. Oh yeah and the hundreds of other attacks on innocents in the name of Allah.

21 Oct 2010 15:24 #18 by FredHayek
NPR fired Juan Williams because he is too moderate. I liked him because while liberal, he was a realist.

Will Mara Liason be next?
And the Federal Goverment needs to stop funding NPR because there are enough alternatives out there right now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Oct 2010 15:36 #19 by Travelingirl
•NPR Doesn't Like Dealing with 'Uncomfortable Topics,' writes Sharon Waxman at The Wrap:
Honestly, Williams was close to telling the truth... If you fly and you are sitting next to a Muslim in galabiya and beard, there is little chance that you going to be able to ignore that fact. (Ironically, this statement echoes those of 20 years ago, when it was politically incorrect to acknowledge that being followed by an African-American man on an unlit street might make a white person uncomfortable. It took the truth-telling of Richard Pryor and Chris Rock to call that out.) But reality may not be what NPR wants. We don’t like to speak truthfully about uncomfortable topics, especially when it comes to Islam."

Juan Williams is just too hot for NPR to handle because he is a moderate.

So I guess you're :banned: if you make uncomfortable, politically incorrect statements!

21 Oct 2010 18:12 #20 by pineinthegrass
Juan got fired for expressing his personal opinion on another network and NPR found it to be politically incorrect. He didn't tell others what they should think. NPR should be ashamed of themselves. By the way, whatever happened to the concept of giving a person a warning first instead of firing them? Especially for expressing something that many others share.

This had nothing to do with FOX, and even NPR said as such. It's just NPR being intolerant and stupid. I can't express how disappointed I am in NPR for being so petty.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds