I'm glad NPR fired Juan Williams

22 Oct 2010 13:06 #81 by Something the Dog Said

Nmysys wrote: RELIGIOUS PROFILING is just another PC way of stopping people from saying what they want without offending you elites. I am against everything PC personally. I am tired of being told what I can say and what I can't say, the same thing this topic is about.

No one is telling you what to say or not say, but certainly expect to be called out for blatantly racist and bigoted statements.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2010 13:19 #82 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: RELIGIOUS PROFILING is just another PC way of stopping people from saying what they want without offending you elites. I am against everything PC personally. I am tired of being told what I can say and what I can't say, the same thing this topic is about.

Oh, you can say whatever you want. Just be careful when you're on camera, in front of millions of people. You probably don't want to say on camera something like "I walked into a room the other day where there were about a dozen Catholic priests and my a**hole instantly clenched up."

22 Oct 2010 13:35 #83 by LadyJazzer

Scruffy wrote:

Oh, you can say whatever you want. Just be careful when you're on camera, in front of millions of people. You probably don't want to say on camera something like "I walked into a room the other day where there were about a dozen Catholic priests and my a**hole instantly clenched up."

:yeahthat:

rofllol :lol:

22 Oct 2010 13:43 #84 by Photo-fish

archer wrote: people in muslim garb have never bothered me, even after 9/11. I don't view muslims as terrorists, I view terrorists as terrorists and know full well that they will come in all shapes and sizes, dressed to fit in, not stand out.

:yeahthat:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Oct 2010 14:50 #85 by netdude
Not sure weather he deserved to be fired or not for this incident... he was reprimanded a few times during is tenure for sexual harassment and that may have weighed in on their decision.

That being said, ANYBODY who feels fear when they see someone in muslim garb is flat out a coward.... sorry, you should maybe go have your head examined or maybe just got to your mommy's house and have her dig out your old security blanket... go home... cower in the corner in the fetal position and suck your thumb and never fly again.

22 Oct 2010 15:15 #86 by FredHayek

netdude wrote: Not sure weather he deserved to be fired or not for this incident... he was reprimanded a few times during is tenure for sexual harassment and that may have weighed in on their decision.

That being said, ANYBODY who feels fear when they see someone in muslim garb is flat out a coward.... sorry, you should maybe go have your head examined or maybe just got to your mommy's house and have her dig out your old security blanket... go home... cower in the corner in the fetal position and suck your thumb and never fly again.

Oh please, it is just natural instinct to be uncomfortable around people who don't dress like you or look like you.
Whether they be Crips, Neo-Nazi's, in Haz-Mat suits, or ninjas.

And Juan said he regretted acting that way, but it was just instinctual.
Like others have said, the actual hijackers didn't dress that way, so it isn't a rational fear.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Oct 2010 15:26 #87 by Grady

netdude wrote: Not sure weather he deserved to be fired or not for this incident... he was reprimanded a few times during is tenure for sexual harassment and that may have weighed in on their decision.

Do you have a valid source or is this just an attempt to paint a black man as evil?
Juan never used the term “scared” or "fear" he used the term “worried or nervous” big difference.
Juan wasn’t on NPR when he made those statements so how does NPR have any right to fire him? I hope he sues big time. It’s time to wean NPR from the federal dole.

22 Oct 2010 15:39 #88 by Achmed
Boo!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

22 Oct 2010 15:55 #89 by archer

Grady wrote: Juan wasn’t on NPR when he made those statements so how does NPR have any right to fire him? I hope he sues big time. It’s time to wean NPR from the federal dole.

I don't think it mattered if he was on NPR or not....was he representing NPR when he made the statement? frankly I don't know the circumstances well anough to answer that. Was he speaking as a reporter for NPR....or as a private citizen? Do you know?

22 Oct 2010 15:57 #90 by Something the Dog Said

Grady wrote:

Do you have a valid source or is this just an attempt to paint a black man as evil?
Juan never used the term “scared” or "fear" he used the term “worried or nervous” big difference.
Juan wasn’t on NPR when he made those statements so how does NPR have any right to fire him? I hope he sues big time. It’s time to wean NPR from the federal dole.

NPR is a private employer and is able to legally fire any employee as long as it is not in violation of the law or of his contract. NPR is not on the public dole. It receives no direct federal funding. The taxpayer does fund the CPB which may issue grants to individual stations who in turn may subscribe to NPR programming. NPR is funded by its subscriptions, but the majority of its funding is by large corporations and by endowments such as the Kroc (McDonalds).

Fox News actually receives more in direct federal funding than does NPR, such as military recruitment advertising. Perhaps we should be seeking a ban on federal funding for Fox News.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds