I'm glad NPR fired Juan Williams

21 Oct 2010 22:26 - 21 Oct 2010 22:30 #41 by Blazer Bob
After sampling comments at NPR, it will be interesting to see when and how they start to back pedel, also if anyone involved it the decision looses their job.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... pPageNum=2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2010 22:27 #42 by Photo-fish
Anyone have any information on how many of the 911 hijackers were "dressed in their garb" (whatever that really means)? I little off topic but Jeezum Crow are people actually looking at that as an indicator to be feared? I'd be more worried about the drunk trying to open the door or feel up my wife.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

21 Oct 2010 22:29 #43 by Travelingirl
Hey LJ, I think I hear Nurse Ratched calling you again...

[youtube:3lnz8y27]
[/youtube:3lnz8y27]

21 Oct 2010 22:30 #44 by FredHayek

Vice Lord wrote: I don't even know who you are talking about..Instead of forming your opinions from other peoples opinions why don't you people form your opinions from your life experiences?...Instead of adopting someone elses opinion from FOX news or the AM radio why don't you do like me and just open your eyes and look around?

Maybe because other people have life experiences and expertise you don't have? Or maybe you are proud of being self taught?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Oct 2010 22:33 #45 by Travelingirl

Photo-fish wrote: Anyone have any information on how many of the 911 hijackers were "dressed in their garb" (whatever that really means)? I little off topic but Jeezum Crow are people actually looking at that as an indicator to be feared? I'd be more worried about the drunk trying to open the door or feel up my wife.

semantics shemantics

21 Oct 2010 22:38 #46 by Photo-fish
Sorry I am anti-semantic. But using that logic, it could really be any other 'similar' garb that could cause fear, from Hindu garb to central African. Suspicion and fear of the unknown. I try to avoid babies and sick people when I fly.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

21 Oct 2010 22:47 #47 by Blazer Bob

Photo-fish wrote: Anyone have any information on how many of the 911 hijackers were "dressed in their garb" (whatever that really means)? I little off topic but Jeezum Crow are people actually looking at that as an indicator to be feared? I'd be more worried about the drunk trying to open the door or feel up my wife.

I do not believe any of them did. I agree a little off topic. Are we now to have a litmus test of what we can allow to cause us concern and if so are we to allow the far left decide what that litmus test is.

I am wondering how many have seen the full text of his remarks. It was a short segment.

21 Oct 2010 22:55 #48 by Photo-fish
You should be rational and decide for yourself what your concerns are. Everyone will still internally profile everyone else based on their OWN experiences.

21 Oct 2010 23:11 #49 by Blazer Bob

Photo-fish wrote: You should be rational and decide for yourself what your concerns are. Everyone will still internally profile everyone else based on their OWN experiences.

We agree. What Juan did was verbalize his concerns. He also laced it with ample caveats. I guess he could have keep it internal but he gets payed to tell us what he thinks.

21 Oct 2010 23:43 #50 by Blazer Bob

neptunechimney wrote:

I do not believe any of them did. I agree a little off topic. Are we now to have a litmus test of what we can allow to cause us concern and if so are we to allow the far left decide what that litmus test is.

I am wondering how many have seen the full text of his remarks. It was a short segment.

p

P-f hope you are feeling better.
Just came across this op-ed, my connection is too slow to check, but the embedded link looks like it is the segment in question.
Good night.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- ... -disaster/

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds