Does Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday effect where you shop

20 Nov 2010 12:32 #21 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote: On the contrary, the ones playing the victim card are those who say they are offended by a Christmas song sung at Christmas and want to control others free speech by playing that card.

I'm having difficulty understanding this, since you are spinning it so much. You think it is a free speech issue to have children sing a religious song, honoring a single religion, in a public school? You really think it is I that wants to control your free speech by keeping religious observation out of schools?

Look, this is really really simple. Sing your religious songs all you want, show your religious displays all you want, worship whomever you deem fit, just don't bring it into a public school. When you do that, you will be forcing your religion on those who don't want it? Do you understand?

They have been sung for decades in our schools. In fact back into the 1800's I believe. All is fine until the progressive Politically correct group gets thier panties in a bunch and decides they want to control free speech. And change things that this nation has been fine with until you people came along.

Ah, the "you people" argument. And the "We've done it for decades, so what's suddenly so wrong with it now" argument.

Just because it's been done for a long time does not make it right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 12:34 #22 by Wayne Harrison
We practiced slavery for decades, too, Viking.

20 Nov 2010 12:35 #23 by outdoor338
scruffy, your in the minority on this and big time!

20 Nov 2010 12:36 #24 by The Viking

outdoor338 wrote: then scruffy must have problems with the boy scouts, girl scouts, 4-H, meeting in public schools, I have been members of the boy scouts and 4-H, and we talked about God in our meetings, so should we exclude these groups as well? Just wondering.

And we need to ban the Pledge of Allegience, and All money exchanged in school since it says God on it and it may offend an athiest who has kids in school there. Plus we need to tear down the Washington monument and any other government tribute that has teh word God on it.

20 Nov 2010 12:36 #25 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: then scruffy must have problems with the boy scouts, girl scouts, 4-h, meeting in public schools, I have members of the boy scouts and 4-h, and we talked about God in our meetings, so should we exclude these groups as well? Just wondering.

No, those are private clubs, meeting privately, in a public area, but not during public school time.

Why is this so hard to understand? Our kids are in a public school. Do you want various religions being forced on your children? I don't want Judaism, Christianity, Muslim, Wiccan, Buddhist religions forced on my kids. In the case of religious songs, the kids would be forced to sing about the baby Jesus in a manger, etc. What if we had a celebration of the prophet Muhammed and sang songs about his birth? Would you be okay with that? I would like an answer, please.

20 Nov 2010 12:37 #26 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: scruffy, your in the minority on this and big time!

So?

20 Nov 2010 12:37 #27 by The Viking

Pineguy wrote: We practiced slavery for decades, too, Viking.

Did you really just compare slavery and teh beating, torture and owning of other human beings to singing Christmas songs that pertain to Christ? Wow......

20 Nov 2010 12:38 #28 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: then scruffy must have problems with the boy scouts, girl scouts, 4-H, meeting in public schools, I have been members of the boy scouts and 4-H, and we talked about God in our meetings, so should we exclude these groups as well? Just wondering.

And we need to ban the Pledge of Allegience, and All money exchanged in school since it says God on it and it may offend an athiest who has kids in school there. Plus we need to tear down the Washington monument and any other government tribute that has teh word God on it.

Wow. I cannot believe how hard it is to get this point across to you.

It's not about offending people. It's about forcing one religion onto another part of the population that may not want it.

Is that clear?

20 Nov 2010 12:40 #29 by Residenttroll returns
Scruffy and Pineguy get offended because it looks cool to their friends.

20 Nov 2010 12:40 #30 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Pineguy wrote: We practiced slavery for decades, too, Viking.

Did you really just compare slavery and teh beating, torture and owning of other human beings to singing Christmas songs that pertain to Christ? Wow......

I knew you would say that so I purposefully did not include it in my post.

But think about it, Viking. Your rationale for allowing religious songs into the school is "We've always done it. It's tradition." Do you think - maybe - that the slave owners used the same logic? "We've always had slaves. What's wrong with it? Quit being so PC."

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds